Stretch mark question - AnabolicMinds.com

Stretch mark question

1. New Member

Stretch mark question

I am developing stretch marks under my arms out toward my chest, I know there is way to take care of this right? How do huge ass 270 lb body builders not get stretch marks?! There is a topical ointment or something out there?

Thanks!

-Kerry

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The pros get them too but it's just harder to see, combination of the tanning they do and measures taken.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...car-cream.html

Can't really get rid of them as it's scar tissue, but prevent em with this
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.

just make sure your keep your skin good and conditioned.. like lotion... the best thing to use is coco butter...
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

if you can catch them while they're pink you have a chance to really reduce their appearance but when they're a darker colour then i'm afraid you have them for life my friend
  5. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SemiBulimic View Post
    if you can catch them while they're pink you have a chance to really reduce their appearance but when they're a darker colour then i'm afraid you have them for life my friend
    I have them almost everywhere now lol. I have come to terms with them though as a lot of people have them. It just comes with the territory. Tanning helps make them lighter though, and it doesn't help that I am fair skinned!!!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Once you get them you are stuck w/ them. You will notice they are less aparent during the months you are tanner. Being tan is the only thing I have noticed that actually helps. But be careful b/c when they are brand new you do not want to spend as much time in the sun. You could potentially darken them for good. It is the same principle w/ regular scars, to much sun early on can actually make them worse. They will get lighter over time and I have yet to come accross anything that actually protects you from getting them or gets rid of them. Its genetic, thats why some bodybuilders dont get them at all and others are littered with them.
  7. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by crazilyfter42 View Post
    Once you get them you are stuck w/ them. You will notice they are less aparent during the months you are tanner. Being tan is the only thing I have noticed that actually helps. But be careful b/c when they are brand new you do not want to spend as much time in the sun. You could potentially darken them for good. It is the same principle w/ regular scars, to much sun early on can actually make them worse. They will get lighter over time and I have yet to come accross anything that actually protects you from getting them or gets rid of them. Its genetic, thats why some bodybuilders dont get them at all and others are littered with them.
    Same theories I believe as well.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I got them from growing and from lifting. the ones on my biceps suck, but ah well. It comes from your skin not bieng hydrated enough or its elasticity bieng low. I probably have both. Put cocoa butter on before you lift, and try to stay hydrated.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I have them and there very new! There very pink and noticeable! Anything i can do?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

COCO BUTTER
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

vitamin e oil and cocoa butter at seperate times along with an ointment intended for marks like that stuff on nutra planet
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.

coco butter....i dont mind them i wear them like a badge of honor .....
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

YOU CAN NOT GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS. The skin is composed of several derm layers, up to 10 in some places, and it is in these subcutaneous tissues that stretch marks are formed and therefor no topical cream can even penetrate deep enough to target them. From wikipedia "Only one randomised controlled study has been published which claimed to test whether oils or creams prevent the development of stretchmarks. This study found a daily application of a cream (Trofolastin) containing Centella asiatica extract, vitamin E, and collagen-elastin hydrolysates was associated with fewer stretch marks" Though cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer, no research studies have shown its ability to either prevent stretchmarks, or to reduce their appearance once a stretchmark has already formed.
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmassey6 View Post
    COCO BUTTER
    lol at all caps
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. stretch mark
    By 10bathroomsO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
  2. Flawless stretch mark cream
    By moveweight in forum Nutraplanet