Stretch mark question

kprimm

kprimm

Awards
I am developing stretch marks under my arms out toward my chest, I know there is way to take care of this right? How do huge ass 270 lb body builders not get stretch marks?! There is a topical ointment or something out there?

Thanks!

-Kerry

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
just make sure your keep your skin good and conditioned.. like lotion... the best thing to use is coco butter...

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
if you can catch them while they're pink you have a chance to really reduce their appearance but when they're a darker colour then i'm afraid you have them for life my friend

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if you can catch them while they're pink you have a chance to really reduce their appearance but when they're a darker colour then i'm afraid you have them for life my friend
I have them almost everywhere now lol. I have come to terms with them though as a lot of people have them. It just comes with the territory. Tanning helps make them lighter though, and it doesn't help that I am fair skinned!!!

crazilyfter42

Awards
Once you get them you are stuck w/ them. You will notice they are less aparent during the months you are tanner. Being tan is the only thing I have noticed that actually helps. But be careful b/c when they are brand new you do not want to spend as much time in the sun. You could potentially darken them for good. It is the same principle w/ regular scars, to much sun early on can actually make them worse. They will get lighter over time and I have yet to come accross anything that actually protects you from getting them or gets rid of them. Its genetic, thats why some bodybuilders dont get them at all and others are littered with them.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once you get them you are stuck w/ them. You will notice they are less aparent during the months you are tanner. Being tan is the only thing I have noticed that actually helps. But be careful b/c when they are brand new you do not want to spend as much time in the sun. You could potentially darken them for good. It is the same principle w/ regular scars, to much sun early on can actually make them worse. They will get lighter over time and I have yet to come accross anything that actually protects you from getting them or gets rid of them. Its genetic, thats why some bodybuilders dont get them at all and others are littered with them.
Same theories I believe as well.

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
I got them from growing and from lifting. the ones on my biceps suck, but ah well. It comes from your skin not bieng hydrated enough or its elasticity bieng low. I probably have both. Put cocoa butter on before you lift, and try to stay hydrated.

SWOLL

Awards
I have them and there very new! There very pink and noticeable! Anything i can do?

mw525

mw525

Awards
vitamin e oil and cocoa butter at seperate times along with an ointment intended for marks like that stuff on nutra planet

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
coco butter....i dont mind them i wear them like a badge of honor .....

rgreen2

Awards
YOU CAN NOT GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS. The skin is composed of several derm layers, up to 10 in some places, and it is in these subcutaneous tissues that stretch marks are formed and therefor no topical cream can even penetrate deep enough to target them. From wikipedia "Only one randomised controlled study has been published which claimed to test whether oils or creams prevent the development of stretchmarks. This study found a daily application of a cream (Trofolastin) containing Centella asiatica extract, vitamin E, and collagen-elastin hydrolysates was associated with fewer stretch marks" Though cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer, no research studies have shown its ability to either prevent stretchmarks, or to reduce their appearance once a stretchmark has already formed.