Suggestion for anabolic diet bulking

R

rrm

Awards
Im 5ft 10 150lbs and i want to get to at least 160lbs 165lbs on the anabolic diet by the end of february. I can gain some fat with that because im going to do a good cutting period after im done with the bulk.
I need more muscle though! Everyone tells me i dont have enough mass for my frame.
Im a mesomorph so i do gain fat a bit in the middle section.
Anyone have any good suggestions with calories and how my carb loads should go??
OH! i train for an hour and a half in the morning with not a lot of cardio and i play hockey every thursday and saturday.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I didn't have any luck bulking on a CKD. I was eating 4000+ cal a day for 3 weeks and absolutely nothing. Once I threw the carbs back in everyday the weight shot up in no time.

Just my experience. I'm sure it's possible to gain weight on a CKD, it has to be.

R

rrm

Awards
I didn't have any luck bulking on a CKD. I was eating 4000+ cal a day for 3 weeks and absolutely nothing. Once I threw the carbs back in everyday the weight shot up in no time.

Just my experience. I'm sure it's possible to gain weight on a CKD, it has to be.
ya....whats your metabolism like??

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I'm straight endo (built to gain/retain weight); sheiko training 3x week, no cardio. 4 off days a week and I don't exactly 'stay active' on my off days.

I'm not saying it's impossible to gain weight on AD or other CKDs (calories should be calories,) but I wasn't able to accomplish it while scrutinizing my diet with a magnifying glass.

R

rickesq

Awards
Dude, I'm straight endo (built to gain/retain weight); sheiko training 3x week, no cardio. 4 off days a week and I don't exactly 'stay active' on my off days.

I'm not saying it's impossible to gain weight on AD or other CKDs (calories should be calories,) but I wasn't able to accomplish it while scrutinizing my diet with a magnifying glass.

try this combo for allmeals..
50 g protein 50 g complex carbs and 20 g fat...7 meals of this..cheat once a while..u get some lea bulk i bet:)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
try this combo for allmeals..
50 g protein 50 g complex carbs and 20 g fat...7 meals of this..cheat once a while..u get some lea bulk i bet:)
Thanks for the suggestion but lets keep it to ideas while gaining weight on a keto/anabolic diet.

The only thing I could think of rrm is to go absolutely carb crazy on your refeed days (are there 2x week on AD?) I'm talking as many carbs as you possibly can on those refeeds. At 600g of carbs or so on the refeeds you're just getting the carbs to refill your glycogen. To gain weight, naturally we'd want to go in excess of that. I've been thinking about this for about a half hour and that's all I can really come up with. Thoughts?

R

rrm

Awards
Thanks for the suggestion but lets keep it to ideas while gaining weight on a keto/anabolic diet.

The only thing I could think of rrm is to go absolutely carb crazy on your refeed days (are there 2x week on AD?) I'm talking as many carbs as you possibly can on those refeeds. At 600 or so on the refeeds you're just getting the carbs to refill your glycogen. To gain weight, naturally we'd want to go in excess of that. I've been thinking about this for about a half hour and that's all I can really come up with. Thoughts?
well 36 hours and i do that every 5 days

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
well 36 hours and i do that every 5 days
Alright, I reckon for that 36 hours try to maximize the amount of non-fructose carbs you're taking in. This green lights complex carbs, WMS, maltodextrin, dextrose (American smarties), glucose, etc. Limit the amount of fructose (fruits, sodas, juice) that you consume, or at least don't count them toward your carb total.

I wouldn't try to make them all complex carbs simply because of how filling complex carbs are.

R

rrm

Awards
Alright, I reckon for that 36 hours try to maximize the amount of non-fructose carbs you're taking in. This green lights complex carbs, WMS, maltodextrin, dextrose (American smarties), glucose, etc. Limit the amount of fructose (fruits, sodas, juice) that you consume, or at least don't count them toward your carb total.

I wouldn't try to make them all complex carbs simply because of how filling complex carbs are.
could you maybe post like the first 24 hours?? example cause im doing this tom and wednesday

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Well...hmmmm every meal shoot for ~170g carbs (assuming 6 meals/day, 1000g carbs)
Things I've used on refeeds:
Oatmeal
Bread, lots of bread (white or wheat, it's a refeed. White would be less filling, more carbs, less fiber, higher GI...potential to eat more w/o feeling as full)
Skim milk
WMS/Maltodextrin
Granola
Smarties/Dextrose based candy

Just eat as many carbs as you can. You probably don't need to keep track of your protein intake (with the volume of food you'd be taking in, you're sure to get in more than enough for your weight.)