*Easiest Calories*

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
This thread is for convenient, calorie packed foods/snacks/meals. Convenience is key, tastiness is key, "cleanliness" is not as long as it isn't full of trans fat. Low cost is a plus. High protein is a plus, but not totally required in this thread. The kind of stuff you can eat when you have no appetite. Give me your favorites.

PB&J Sandwich. I prefer Skippy over the natty stuff and I layer it on thick(actually Walmart brand is very good too). I use high protein bread that has 7g/slice. Feel free to use honey or sliced banana if jelly gets boring. Goes great with a tall glass of milk.

Cold Macaroni Salad/Potato Salad. Yes, those big tubs in the grocery store. TONS of cals in just a 1/2 cup serving. Cottage cheese is great stirred into it for extra protein. So much mayo, it's very easy to overeat on this stuff.

Chef Boyardee. Jumbo Spaghetti & Meatballs are just 86 cents and they even come in an easy open can. I don't even bother heating them up. 540 cals, 24g protein. The Overstuffed Ravioli & 99%FF Ravioli are lower in fat, if you're into that kinda thing.

Whole Milk. 1 quart has 600 cals & 32g protein. Nuff said.

Trail Mix. I buy the Walmart brand. Nuts, raisins, m&ms. 160 cals in just 3 tablespoons.

Baked Beans. A can of Bush's Southern Pit BBQ has 850 cals. 30g protein, 30g fiber. If you're really poor you'll buy a can of generic too and mix them together.

Simply Asia Noodle Bowls. Incredibly overpriced for what they are (about $2.50/bowl for flavored noodles), but frickin delicious and literally ready to eat after 2min in the microwave. 79g carbs/14g protein/410 cals. I love eating these after a workout. I like every flavor I've tried.

McDouble. Since the DBL Cheese is now $1.20, you gotta get a McDouble for a buck, which is the same thing with only 1 slice of cheese. Still a good buy. Skipping the fries is my way of eating "clean".

:burg:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Just reading that makes me hungry

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
This thread is for convenient, calorie packed foods/snacks/meals. Convenience is key, tastiness is key, "cleanliness" is not as long as it isn't full of trans fat. Low cost is a plus. High protein is a plus, but not totally required in this thread. The kind of stuff you can eat when you have no appetite. Give me your favorites.

PB&J Sandwich. I prefer Skippy over the natty stuff and I layer it on thick(actually Walmart brand is very good too). I use high protein bread that has 7g/slice. Feel free to use honey or sliced banana if jelly gets boring. Goes great with a tall glass of milk.

Cold Macaroni Salad/Potato Salad. Yes, those big tubs in the grocery store. TONS of cals in just a 1/2 cup serving. Cottage cheese is great stirred into it for extra protein. So much mayo, it's very easy to overeat on this stuff.

Chef Boyardee. Jumbo Spaghetti & Meatballs are just 86 cents and they even come in an easy open can. I don't even bother heating them up. 540 cals, 24g protein. The Overstuffed Ravioli & 99%FF Ravioli are lower in fat, if you're into that kinda thing.

Trail Mix. I buy the Walmart brand. Nuts, raisins, m&ms. 160 cals in just 3 tablespoons.

Baked Beans. A can of Bush's Southern Pit BBQ has 850 cals. 30g protein, 30g fiber. If you're really poor you'll buy a can of generic too and mix them together.

Simply Asia Noodle Bowls. Incredibly overpriced for what they are (about $2.50/bowl for flavored noodles), but frickin delicious and literally ready to eat after 2min in the microwave. 79g carbs/14g protein/410 cals. I love eating these after a workout. I like every flavor I've tried.

McDouble. Since the DBL Cheese is now $1.20, you gotta get a McDouble for a buck, which is the same thing with only 1 slice of cheese. Still a good buy. Skipping the fries is my way of eating "clean".

true the easiest calories but even in a bulking diet im not sure if these would be the RIGHT calories to be taking in if your primary goal was MUSCLE!!! :buttkick:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Dunno about the Mcdouble! I'd rather eat my own ass than a mcdonalds :)

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
Dunno about the Mcdouble! I'd rather eat my own ass than a mcdonalds :)
lol id rather take the mcdonalds than eat my own ass lol unless it was the ass of some hott ass girl then thats another story!

beebab

beebab

Awards
  • Established
Whole milk is awesome. As a pre bed meal, I'm drinking 20 oz of whole milk mixed with a lean muscle meal from GNC. Adds up to about 600 cals and a good way to end the day! haha

R

rickesq

Awards

I like quality calories so i put in the blender 50 g American Pure Whey 100% whey with 50 g waxymaize with 2 tbsp peanut butter..I add ice and blend it..
tastes so good and has all the macronutrients :veryhappy:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Good thread :thumbsup:

McDouble :thumbsup:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
These meals may have a lot of cals, but there might only be a few here that are even remotely healthy.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Some of you are missing the point of this thread. These are not meals to build your diet around (except the milk). These are for when you're trying to build muscle and you need to eat more, but you don't feel like you can. These are for every skinny guy out there that just doesn't think it's possible for him to gain weight. These are for every skinny guy that tortures himself day after day, eating nothing but skinless chicken breasts and oatmeal, wondering why he can't add more weight to the bar.

Build your diet around protein(at least 1g/lb bw), then include several servings of vegetables and fruit, EFAs and some whole grains. When you're full and you're still struggling to gain weight, check out this list.

T

tattoopierced1

Cream of wheat is also pretty good. 3 tbsp has 120 calories, 23g carbs, 4g protein.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some of you are missing the point of this thread. These are not meals to build your diet around (except the milk). These are for when you're trying to build muscle and you need to eat more, but you don't feel like you can. These are for every skinny guy out there that just doesn't think it's possible for him to gain weight. These are for every skinny guy that tortures himself day after day, eating nothing but skinless chicken breasts and oatmeal, wondering why he can't add more weight to the bar.

Build your diet around protein(at least 1g/lb bw), then include several servings of vegetables and fruit, EFAs and some whole grains. When you're full and you're still struggling to gain weight, check out this list.

These are also ways to make skinny guys fat. Also, I don't remember seeing McDonalds on a list of **** to eat to gain muscle.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
These are also ways to make skinny guys fat.
Only if they go too far over maintenance. That's why fat guys are usually better off eating clean, they have trouble staying only 250-500 cals over maintenance. Skinny guys, not so much.

Also, I don't remember seeing McDonalds on a list of **** to eat to gain muscle.
What, did you not read my first post in this thread?

chess315

chess315

Awards
dante trudel eat raviolis and double chesse bugers and hes a big lean mofo people dont realise as long as your getting all your nutrients pop or hambugers wont really hurt you that bad hell it could proable make you bigger I've always thought a lot of the result from cell tech type products come just from incresing carbs and cell tech isnt much differnt than pepsi calories and protien are the 2 most important factor and water intake.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
i think he just listed like 3 things with hydrogenated oils...

and practically all of those things shouldn't be used even for a DIRTY bulk...

u'd be better off just drinking olive oil if calories are really your bottom line

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
i think he just listed like 3 things with hydrogenated oils...

and practically all of those things shouldn't be used even for a DIRTY bulk...

u'd be better off just drinking olive oil if calories are really your bottom line

Mcdoubles have about a gram of trans fat per burger. Peanut butter has an incredibly tiny amount. The others are trans fat free.

Calories and protein are EVERYONE'S bottom line. Please explain why these foods shouldn't be used and why olive oil would be better.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I take two packets of oatmeal and mix in a scoop of muscle milk (any flavor.)

SpicyTuna

SpicyTuna

Awards
You don't have eat like crap to bulk. You're just increasing the triglycerides in your body. That just makes it harder to cut back down. You'll be gaining more fat than lean muscle. It would be going in a viscous cycle: get fat with some muscle, then cut and get less fat (lose a little muscle in the process). It's ridiculous, lean muscle is much preferred and more functional instead of walking around looking like a fat ass. (And feeling like one). Bulk clean. You'll feel better.

The veggie comment was sarcasm (hard to convey in messages)

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
You don't have eat like crap to bulk. You're just increasing the triglycerides in your body. That just makes it harder to cut back down. You'll be gaining more fat than lean muscle. It would be going in a viscous cycle: get fat with some muscle, then cut and get less fat (lose a little muscle in the process). It's ridiculous, lean muscle is much preferred and more functional instead of walking around looking like a fat ass. (And feeling like one). Bulk clean. You'll feel better.
So you're saying that you need a high carb diet instead of a high fat diet in order to get "lean gains"?

SpicyTuna

SpicyTuna

Awards
It's important to pay attention to how your body responds to different levels of macronutrients.

I know when I eat high carb, high protein, moderate fat ( 40-50-10, respectively) I blow up and get watery looking. Instead, when I bulk, I concentrate on a more even distributiion between fat and carbs (protein-50%, carb-25%, fat-25%). A dirty bulk diet will be concentrated with more fats, namely saturated. Saturated fats must comprise of only 7% of total calories. It's preferable to consume more protein to grow muscle instead of fat. Fat is not the building blocks of muscle, protein is.... eat more of it.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has concluded that saturated fats negatively affect cholesterol profiles, predisposing individuals to heart disease, and recommends avoiding saturated fats in order to reduce the risk of a cardiovascular disease.

So, to directly answer you question, you must learn how your body operates with regard to macronutrients and consume healthy choices muscle, not fat. Why not minimize the amount of fat you gain and maximize the muscle you grow by avoiding foods that promote fat gain? (fast foods high in saturated fats, enriched flour)

Eat more foods that promote a more thermic effect on your body and avoid having to cut 30 pounds after you bulk. (That's what I had to do before, it sucked!)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lighten up people! eating at mcdonalds is not going to kill you or make you look like sh1t! As long as you do it on rare occasions, i say enjoy life a little. For me, mcdonalds makes me happy, its a standing memory in all of our heads as kids and its something about the red and yellow. I can still maintain an attractive physique and have a couple $1 mcdoubles for a quick on the go snack.... idk about you nazi's

SpicyTuna

SpicyTuna

Awards
I'm just not a big proponet of the mcdouble choice or eating out in general. The food isn't quality. The flour used for most of the stuff you listed is enriched and bleachedad the burgers are comprised of mostly saturated fat. You can take the list and turn it into a more quality list, but generally speaking, these foods are just caloricly dense.

Why not eat a sweet potatoe for starch instead of an enriched asian noodle?...

There's easy calories: 400g of sweet potatoe and 10 oz of chicken = 360 Kcals+ 300 Kcals= 660 Kcals of quality, un-preserved, raw, straight-up nutrients for your body to utilize.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Should have renamed the thread.
'Easiest ways to cheat on a bulk'
'Best ways to justify a crappy diet'

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I'm skinny and eat fast food everyday. I have barely any fat on me and I grow when I want to. I've eaten this way my whole life including a whole year of 13 donuts for saturday mornings. My doctor visits include perfect BP and resting heart rate of mid to upper 50's. My point here is..... I love his food selection he has provided in this thread! Yummmmm!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
A agree on the ability to eat such foods on rare occasion. I eat McD's and can keep my bf very low, cholesterol in good standing, and bp, however when i say rare occasion i mean tops 4-5 times a year not every other week or something.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
A agree on the ability to eat such foods on rare occasion. I eat McD's and can keep my bf very low, cholesterol in good standing, and bp, however when i say rare occasion i mean tops 4-5 times a year not every other week or something.
I'm talking everyday :food:

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
well you may want a current cholesterol workup then man.... i notice you neglected to state that in your doctor visits. just because everything looks good on the outside dont assume all is well

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
well you may want a current cholesterol workup then man.... i notice you neglected to state that in your doctor visits. just because everything looks good on the outside dont assume all is well
I understand the concern, but I did have blood work done about 2 years ago and I don't remember the exact #'s but everything was reported in great condition. I will admit that this is a very very very inappropriate diet for nearly everyone, and I do not advocate this.

Today has been; poptarts, 2 fiber one bars (from work bags), 5 slices of pizza, 3 sloppy joe sandwhiches, and whatever else I consume before bed!:aargh4:

ironaddict

ironaddict

Awards
Come on guys, obviously this isn't a proposed diet. Although, I (and guys like me) could eat this food and ONLY this food and not get fat. That doesn't mean, however, that these are staples. But, as Moyer said, these sorts of meals are really just for ADDING calories. I don't know about you guys, but I get damn sick of trying to add calories by eating ANOTHER chicken breast or ANOTHER can of tuna or ANOTHER cup of oatmeal. Sooo... when i am literally fed up with that stuff, I walk across the street to In-n-Out, and I buy a 4 by 4 and a milkshake. (yeah, i live across the street from an in-n-out... awesome, i know)

That sort of thing isn't for everyone, we know, but I've had diets as high as 5000calories a day, and gained little muscle, and almost no fat, so tossing in a Mcdouble really isn't going to make much of a difference.

Aggravated, these aren't going to make a "skinny guy fat." I was a skinny guy, and I bulked for two years straight. I have never been on a cut, and I am about 9-10% bf. I don't think it will even be possible for me to get fat until I'm about 30 years old and my metabolism starts to slow...

And Moyer, thaaaank youuu. I'm gonna go pick up some baked beans and potato salad ASAP. To contribute: CHINESE FOOD. White rice and mongolian beef, plus some orange chicken, is my fav. Something about chinese food let's you eat friggin' pounds of it, and then you're hungry again in an hour.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, obviously this isn't a proposed diet. Although, I (and guys like me) could eat this food and ONLY this food and not get fat. That doesn't mean, however, that these are staples. But, as Moyer said, these sorts of meals are really just for ADDING calories. I don't know about you guys, but I get damn sick of trying to add calories by eating ANOTHER chicken breast or ANOTHER can of tuna or ANOTHER cup of oatmeal. Sooo... when i am literally fed up with that stuff, I walk across the street to In-n-Out, and I buy a 4 by 4 and a milkshake. (yeah, i live across the street from an in-n-out... awesome, i know)

MMMMM In-n-Out....yummm. You basically have to do what your body responds best to. Some people can eat "dirty" calories and get away with it while others can't. Cheap, high calorie food for a bulk is good when used at the right times. Supplementing some McD with a couple fiber tablets would probably take a bit of the "bad" away from the meal.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
It's important to pay attention to how your body responds to different levels of macronutrients.
I agree. Some people do better with low carb, some need high carb, most(including myself) do better with a more even mix. Not just about fat gain, but also energy levels, bloating, etc.

A dirty bulk diet will be concentrated with more fats, namely saturated. Saturated fats must comprise of only 7% of total calories. It's preferable to consume more protein to grow muscle instead of fat. Fat is not the building blocks of muscle, protein is.... eat more of it.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has concluded that saturated fats negatively affect cholesterol profiles, predisposing individuals to heart disease, and recommends avoiding saturated fats in order to reduce the risk of a cardiovascular disease.
First off, I NEVER said you should avoid eating protein. At minimum you should get about 1g protein/lb of bodyweight, I would go up to 1.25-1.5 if you're on cycle or you're cutting. Eating much more than that though will generally just be an expensive waste. Not to mention the extra gas, bloating, and lack of appetite it'll cause you.

Here's the skinny on saturated fat. Diets high in saturated fat have been shown to raise cholesterol levels, both HDL & LDL (the good and the bad). Given the fact that this thread is about short term diets generally aimed towards the underweight, athletic, 15-35yr old, it's a moot point at best. Not to mention (a point I've already made once in this thread) that these food are meant to be IN ADDITION to an otherwise very healthy, wholesome diet. Also, much of the fat in the higher fat foods I listed is actually unsaturated. Heck, I haven't bothered to run the numbers, but adding some of these to an otherwise "clean" diet would probably still be considered low in saturated fat.

Why not minimize the amount of fat you gain and maximize the muscle you grow by avoiding foods that promote fat gain? (fast foods high in saturated fats, enriched flour)

Eat more foods that promote a more thermic effect on your body and avoid having to cut 30 pounds after you bulk. (That's what I had to do before, it sucked!)
This is really the myth I'm trying to bust. Of course you should generally minimize the amount of fat you gain while bulking, but you do this by eating enough protein and making sure your TOTAL CALORIES are not too far over your normal daily expenditure. In the long run, a 250-500 cal surplus is about right for most people, which equals about 1/2-1lb weight gain per week. In general, eating/gaining more than this will cause excess fat gain. Beginners on a good program can gain more, veterans won't be able to gain quite that fast. This is true no matter how clean or dirty you eat.

A beginner/intermediate on a 300cal/day surplus who's on a good lifting program, gets enough protein and eats nothing but McDonalds will gain lean muscle without excess fat. Obviously I don't recommend this for long term health though (you still need your fruits & veggies).

Take the same beginner/intermediate and have him eat a 1200 cal surplus where he's continually gaining 2-3lbs week on a totally CLEAN diet. Guess what? He'll get fat.

There's no reason to want a thermic effect when you're bulking unless you already know you're eating too much in the first place.

Why is it that fast food, pastries, soda, beer, potato chips, etc generally cause people to get fat? Simply because those foods are very easy to overeat on. They're tasty and they don't fill you up.

After you cover your protein requirements, the rest is all about total calories. Once you learn this, bulking, cutting, and controlling your diet in general will become infinitely easier. It certainly has for me.

Why eat Asian noodles instead of a plain sweet potato? Because they're convenient, absolutely delicious, and not filling whatsoever. If you have been struggling to gain weight and you have no appetite(which is what this thread is meant for), the last thing you want to eat is a baked sweet potato.

By the way Spicy, I didn't mean to tear apart your post, it's just the perfect platform for me to try and make a point.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
To sum things up (again), this whole thread is meant for a certain type of trainee. Lean guys who have been eating clean, trying to bulk up, but just aren't able to consistently gain weight. This is usually because they have a low appetite to begin with and they're on a high protein, high fiber, low fat, very filling, inconvenient, and generally not very tasty diet.

Top it off with your typical convenient mouth-watering American calorie-dense food, and VOILA, the magic happens.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sweet potato with butter and brown sugar or honey... That's a really good one that I haven't had in a while!

O

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I know when I eat high carb, high protein, moderate fat ( 40-50-10, respectively) I blow up and get watery looking. Instead, when I bulk, I concentrate on a more even distributiion between fat and carbs (protein-50%, carb-25%, fat-25%). A dirty bulk diet will be concentrated with more fats, namely saturated. Saturated fats must comprise of only 7% of total calories. It's preferable to consume more protein to grow muscle instead of fat. Fat is not the building blocks of muscle, protein is.... eat more of it.

So, to directly answer you question, you must learn how your body operates with regard to macronutrients and consume healthy choices muscle, not fat. Why not minimize the amount of fat you gain and maximize the muscle you grow by avoiding foods that promote fat gain? (fast foods high in saturated fats, enriched flour)

:lame: :bsflag: :bryce: :squintfinger:

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, this will bite you in the ass in a couple of years.
*Puts on a shiny coat of armor* I say bring your most valiant efforts!!!
Trust me, I'm not as dumb as these posts suggest.

SpicyTuna

SpicyTuna

Awards
Omen, thanks for your intiutive contribution to our discussion. Please, give us more valuable information. (You're really an idiot)

Moyer, I agree with your posts, good arguments. But, for a person who is more prone to gain fat, those foods promote more fat gain due to eating way over thier maintenance caloric intake because of thier dense nature. (I'm reiterating, I know). But maybe this post should be renamed to *Easiest calories for the hardgainer*

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm just adding from personal experience. when i was bulking from 126 lbs, i hit a sticking point when i reached 151 lbs. i fully credit "half and half" as the greatest calorie dense food ever. by the time i got up to 1 quart per day, i had hit 175 lbs :)

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Omen, thanks for your intiutive contribution to our discussion. Please, give us more valuable information. (You're really an idiot)

Moyer, I agree with your posts, good arguments. But, for a person who is more prone to gain fat, those foods promote more fat gain due to eating way over thier maintenance caloric intake because of thier dense nature. (I'm reiterating, I know). But maybe this post should be renamed to *Easiest calories for the hardgainer*
What do you need easy cals for if you put on fat easily and eat over your maintenance caloric intake easily?

BTW, don't mind Omen. Looks like he already got the big boot :nutkick:

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
definitely do some research on trans-fat. it's a proven poison...

i woudln't even want a miligram let alone a gram in my body.

cheap peanut butter still contains hydrogenated oils. they just put little enough so they have to round down to 0 when it comes to a particular serving.

and no it's not all about protein and calories. ever heard of the glycemic index? ever heard of insulin? ever heard of fiber???

the olive oil thing was sarcastic. the TS is plain wrong about these food choices, because it won't work for 9/10 people. or, in other words, something else would work far better. and plus, no healthy diet should contain any of the foods he listed... going beyond bodybuilding, fat burning... just general health!!!

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
definitely do some research on trans-fat. it's a proven poison...

i woudln't even want a miligram let alone a gram in my body.

cheap peanut butter still contains hydrogenated oils. they just put little enough so they have to round down to 0 when it comes to a particular serving.

and no it's not all about protein and calories. ever heard of the glycemic index? ever heard of insulin? ever heard of fiber???

the olive oil thing was sarcastic. the TS is plain wrong about these food choices, because it won't work for 9/10 people. or, in other words, something else would work far better. and plus, no healthy diet should contain any of the foods he listed... going beyond bodybuilding, fat burning... just general health!!!
Hahaha. Yes I'm familiar with those things, obviously you are not. I'm not gonna take the time to respond right now. Please post your "research" that backs up any of the total bs comments you just made.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha. Yes I'm familiar with those things, obviously you are not. I'm not gonna take the time to respond right now. Please post your "research" that backs up any of the total bs comments you just made.
BS is strong...

i'd think you refuting my points with your evidence is more straightforward. after all, you are the maverick touting trans-fats, refined carbohydrates, etc.

I'm simply stating common nutrition knowledge...nothing radical, nothing new.. why bother providing evidence for that?

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
milk motherfckers! and five guys instead of mcdonalds. at least they use real beef!

i also eat fat free canned ravioli and canned tuna as a quick meals. also detour oatmeal bars, peanut butter sandwiches with protein shakes. i tend to go for a the high carb low fat stuff!

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
BS is strong...

i'd think you refuting my points with your evidence is more straightforward. after all, you are the maverick touting trans-fats, refined carbohydrates, etc.

I'm simply stating common nutrition knowledge...nothing radical, nothing new.. why bother providing evidence for that?
WTF. Stating common nutrition knowledge??? You haven't actually stated anything at all.

For one, if you actually read the thread, I've never "touted" trans fat. As far as refined carbs, calorie for calorie, they're not any more fattening than any other carb.

BTW, calories controlling weight gain and loss is far from radical or new...

ironaddict

ironaddict

Awards
BS is strong...

Obviously it's wise to avoid all of those things for general health purposes, but once again, you fail to recognize that this WAS NOT ABOUT GENERAL HEALTH. We are talking about bulking, and getting in enough calories to gain weight. :arg:

Look I know HFCS and sucrose and maltodextrin are all trerrible sources of carbohydrates, but I also know that MY BODY DOESN'T CARE. I'm sure my pancreas does, but I'm not interested in being healthy. I'm interested in being big. Have you heard of muscle juice? I was cramming down 2 or 3 shakes of muscle juice, along with 2 tbsp of peanut butter a day, in addition to a clean diet of about 3000 calories. I did this for nearly two months, and I didn't increase a single percent of bodyfat. Granted, I am young, and I am an extreme ecto, but that's what this thread is directed at... people who have a hard time gaining weight.

So, for general health purposes, and even for clean bulks, yeah, you're right. Avoid that crap. :hot:

And I don't think Moyer ever specifically recommended we down trans fats and processed sugars, he just gave us a list of foods that, albeit not entirely healthy, are high in calories, irrespective of some of their less-than-desirable OTHER attributes.

now i am gonna do this, because the forecast is... $h!tstorm... :numbered:

SpicyTuna

SpicyTuna

Awards
Poor Moyer; his post is getting ripped at... Moyer you had a great idea. I still think the post needs to be renamed. Maybe add some dense, clean calories.

My favorite shake when I was bulking:
1tbsp heavy whipping cream (54 calories 6g F, 0g C, 0g P)
2 scoops Beverly International vanilla protein Muscle Provider (234 calories 2g F, 10g C, 44g P)
1/2 c pumpkin (50 calories .5g F,10g C, 1.5g P)
1 tsp Cinnamon

This is sooooo good!

Granted my shake was only 338 calories, (8.5g F 23%, 20g C 23%, 45.5g P 54% ) But, I'm a chick, I eat less to bulk. The whipping cream has 3g of saturated fat, you can sub half-and-half, skim or whatever if you don't want the saturated fat. But, I had this once per day in the morning. So, 3g of saturated is ok. Remember 7% of total calories can come from saturated.

You can just double everything if you're a dude. The stats of the shake are what I use in my diet when I bulk because I gain easily; I'm a mesomorph body type. Heavy bottom :D That's the Sicilian in me thanks Mom.

I think of some crazy stuff when I diet. Then I eat my concoctions when I bulk :) yay

chess315

chess315

Awards
once you meet your nutrient requirment water,protien ect the next most important thing is total calories I dont care if it come from french fries it will make you bigger I have seen people who were not getting enough carbs start drinking pop and get better results most peoples calorie defict come because they dont get enough carbs the other half come from not getting enough fat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Weight Loss 22