Those who count macros...

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Those of you who are bulking and actually truly log/track your macros/calories what do they look like?

Height and weight and current activity cardio/lifting regimen as well. Try to see what people are doing.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I'd loose my mind if I counted everything. I pretty much eat the same thing every day and I calculated it up a while back. I know what I need to eat and I shoot above it. I can get away with it since I'm an ecto.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
So most of you bulkers now, are you hitting high 2000's, 3000's, 4000's?

I know it's individual for everyone, but was just simply taking a little survey...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I am at 5'10, slightly above 5'10 and I eat around 4500 cals a day, maybe more now as i haven't had the chance to check everything which I usually count everything.

I just started to include 3-4 shakes a day also because it was getting seriously expensive and tiring trying to choke down chicken, turkey, fish, beef, peanut butter, oils and nuts 7 times a day. Also,my teeth/gums had started to give me problems from eating nuts so much, especially almonds.

So, now I have 4 (one of which is breakfast listed below) solid food meals, usually fish/chicken/beef/beans/16 oz milk/wheat toast

One nut snack(around noon, after lunch), either almonds, cashews, pistachios and crystal light

One regular snack(around mid evening, before w/o), banana, apples, grapes and a peanut butter sandwich(or two) with 16oz of milk

Then I take in at least 3 shakes

1 early morning of cytosport (16oz milk)
1 early after noon of cytosport(12oz milk) after w/o usually
1 before bed of casein/cashews or almonds (10-12oz milk)

My breakfast usually consist of

5-6 whole grain pancakes and honey
6 eggs (20oz water)
45 mins later my first cytopsort with 1-2 tbsp peanutbutter

Thats a rough estimate of how I eat daily, whether I am working out or not...

I hit the weights 3 times per week doing the old school 5x5 routine..tremendous results so far, and I need to update my current weight as it has gone from 195 to 207

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Oh well, I didn't include my cheat meals on saturday's but that's another story ;)

Think Dominos pizza and two large pies...lol

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5 foot 10 inches tall and 182 pounds and I am currently on a cut consuming 2100 calories a day. I follow my diet strictly and don't cheat.

I averaged 38% protein, 45% carbohydrates and 17% fat in total last week, evenly spaced over 7 meals. I do 3 hrs of walking for cardio every second day and do a 15 minute run in the evening. I'm currently losing weight like I'm on crystal meth and am considering making changes to reduce the likelihood of catabolism.

Last edited:
HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
Hardnock...

Are you doing any cardio during the week or just your lifting?

Nice, 2 large pies?.. Any specific flavors? I just had that same cheatmeal last weekend. Thought I was the only one who was into pizza and pies.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for putting my cutting diet in the bulking forum... my bad.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it all depends on my goals. right now 2,000 I'm doing a competition on here though and everything is competition diet as far as what I eat. its highly individual and depends on your goal at the time.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Hardnock...

Are you doing any cardio during the week or just your lifting?

Nice, 2 large pies?.. Any specific flavors? I just had that same cheatmeal last weekend. Thought I was the only one who was into pizza and pies.
The only cardio that I am doing is rolling over in the bed at night...lol

No, seriously, I do 15 minutes of bike (3.5-4.5 met pace) before I squat which is 3 times a week-(5 x 5 program).

Also, I run on Saturday afternoons for about 2 miles, then a Sunday walk with the wife which is about 1.5 miles around the park a few times; i believe it is 1.5. Actually, I have no idea how far we walk because once we start chatting, we may walk from 3ish to 6pm...

The pizza, I do a chicken/veggie/pepperoni mix ... The other is just veggie with cheese topping. Normally my nephew comes over and snags a few slices so i rarely get two whole pizza's in...probably one whole and a few pieces.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
That's a moderate amount of cardio... not overboard, seems just about right.

My wife and I used to walk now she's 38 wks pregnant (she's still training, but walking has kind of been too uncomfortable - will look forward to resuming those soon!)