Anyone eat Bison burgers?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. i thought goose was pretty high in fat? not that my knowledge is good in that area. i know duck is high in fat.

the leanest meat i've ever seen is moose! yes, i had moose over christmas when the relatives flew in from alaska - they brought some with them. so lean, that ground moose doesn't hold together - no fat to bind the grounds, so you can't make burgers out of them - only sloppy joes! it felt pretty weird eating moose though.

2. I get it at our Kroger's. They only sell it occasionally. good stuff none the less.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by badfish21981 View Post
    Do any of you guys eat venison(deer)? It is super lean also and for me you cant beat the price. How much does a 12 gauge slug cost? You just pay for the processing but it is damn good and the steaks are super tender. Another good thing to try is goose breast. Cooks just like a steak.
    Yup, I'm going to a game meal next weekend... Love the stuff, as long as it's cooked right.

4. I would love to eat more game, but I cant find it at a reasonable price; probably not searching hard enough but I'd love to get half a deer or moose

5. i live in western canada, and for some reason ground bison costs less then ground beef at the grocery store. i've only been buying it cause it was cheaper! if you have a dehydrator/oven, it makes killer jerky, and it tastes better than beef in my opinion.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bualls23 View Post
    i live in western canada, and for some reason ground bison costs less then ground beef at the grocery store. i've only been buying it cause it was cheaper! if you have a dehydrator/oven, it makes killer jerky, and it tastes better than beef in my opinion.
    Marc Lobiner has a video on you tube how to beef some killer beef jerky. only thing it takes like 15 hours to cook at a time
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bison Recipes
    By gymaddict20 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 07:46 AM
  2. Bison?
    By lbarber in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
  3. Anyone try Bison? Yummmmmy!
    By Jim Mills in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4