Lean Bulking - Starting Again

BigEasy87

Awards
Ok guys I have taken a month off from lifting for the holidays and am looking to get back into my routine.

My goal is to reach 180 lbs over a four month period, I am currently at 174 lbs

The main objective is to gain as much lean mass as possible, eating mostly lean chicken and turkey

My workout regimine looks like this, I wanted to try something new and have three days of rest per week.

Sat: Legs

Squat: 4x10
Leg extentions 4x10
Leg curls 4x10
Calf raises 4x10

Wed: Full body
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4x10
Lying Tricep Extension 4x10
Dumbbell Curl 4x10
Shrugs 4x15
Wide Grip Pull Down 4x10

Fri: Full body

Barbell Bench Press 4x10
Bar Cable Extension 4x10
Standing Hammer Curl 4x10
Side raises 4x10
Close Grip Pull Down 4x10

Mon: Full body

Cable Crossovers 4x10
One Arm Dumbbell Extension 4x10
Preacher Curl 4x10
Dumbbell Reverse Fly 4x10
Floor Row 4x10

Any tips on this routine and food suggestions for lean bulking would be greatly appreciated

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
If it were me, I'd take a day of rest prior to leg day. I want to be fully recovered and well reseted prior to squats.

Not entirely sure of the purpose of the shrugs on Wed, unless it is purely maintenance. I'd personally choose a press (seated/standing military or DB), upping the weight and reducing the reps. But you are already sequencing incline presses ahead of the delt work so I assume that is your preference.

For Mondays, is the "Floor row" a barbell row off the floor? If so, I'd sequence it as the first exercise, not the last.

My $0.02.

BigEasy87

Awards
For the floor row, I didn't really know what to call it but it is basically a cable seating row