Bulking workout regimens

nj34

Awards
So I started a new regimen after doing some research which involves doing rep ranges 8-10. After looking around it seems to go lower then 8 or higher than 10 wouldn't help achieve my goal. But the thing is I'm trying to do all combo movements like bench squat dips pullups military press etc.

My problem is if i keep the target rest range continue the same workouts my muscles are just going to adjust to hit and plateau in a few weeks. So how can I keep my body guessing while staying with 8-10 with same movements week to week or should I now worry about it and keep it how im going?

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
If you want to keep this workout, I'd say you will need to keep increasing weight. Start at 8 reps, work up to 10, then add 5 pounds and drop back to 8 and repeat.

You can also throw in a different exercise once in awhile, or when you can't increase anymore.

It would probably be useful to alternate to a low rep higher weight workout every so often...

My $0.02 since you haven't gotten any responses...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
If you want to keep this workout, I'd say you will need to keep increasing weight. Start at 8 reps, work up to 10, then add 5 pounds and drop back to 8 and repeat.

You can also throw in a different exercise once in awhile, or when you can't increase anymore.

It would probably be useful to alternate to a low rep higher weight workout every so often...

Good advice. I don't have to add anything to this.

rickesq

Awards
So I started a new regimen after doing some research which involves doing rep ranges 8-10. After looking around it seems to go lower then 8 or higher than 10 wouldn't help achieve my goal. But the thing is I'm trying to do all combo movements like bench squat dips pullups military press etc.

My problem is if i keep the target rest range continue the same workouts my muscles are just going to adjust to hit and plateau in a few weeks. So how can I keep my body guessing while staying with 8-10 with same movements week to week or should I now worry about it and keep it how im going?
I would jus switch the order of the combos..like if you do incline and then decline..
The next week you can do decline and then incline

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

that's actually similar to what i did, and it treated me very well. mine was work to 10 reps, then drop to 6 reps and increase the weight. work back up to 10, etc. the whole theory was to get the strength gains coming quicker by going down to 6 reps, then keep on with the mass game.