Gaining it in the stomach...

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Ok I started lifting properly about... 6-8 weeks ago... increasing my diet to a nice meal every 2-2.5hours where id try have something like a 200g (or 7ounces?) piece of meat..., some veggies, some pasta/potatoes etc so i duno if thats pushing it..... i try make the meals reletively medium sized dont bloat myself up

on days where I dont lift I dont eat as much... more regular like non lifters

i dont eat junk food etc but basically before i started i was 80kg 176lbs at roughly 15% bodyfat...

now a few days ago in the morning I was 86kg / 190lbs... (all nude after morning bog)... body fat % i dont know, it doesnt look like much noticable has come on.. just the gut is hanging out further

i dont really feel 6-7kg fatter... but my gut has gone from 35" which never really bothered me I was fine in a shirt to bordering 37 at night on days where I eat... usually around 36... and I dont want it rising really much above that unless my shoulders/back were to get much bigger to even it out

I have been at this weight before and at this waist line and from memory I hated it... it doesnt feel as "fat" right now as it did back then but still I dont wana get too chubby while bulking up

the first 3-4 kg I think came on pretty fast which i'm guessing is just more food sitting in the stomach and water...

so my question is this... will my gut continue to grow? coz unless my shoulders n upper body went massive big fast (which unlikely they will lol)... then it could get annoying... even with the dead lifts slowly making my lower back larger it would add size to my waist measurements but surely not this fast... and I've only added maybe 50lbs to my deadlift in the last month or so... im doing sets of 265 (and starting to climb fast) after sitting around 220 in early december so im still weak in comparison to the rest of you (squat has gone from 175 to 210 and probly 220 next week or two)

What are the fat/weight gains you guys get when you bulk and are the majority of them initially at the start of your bulk cycles? coz if it was to keep adding on over the months I'd hate it... unless someone could provide insight into my diet

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
If your belly has gone from 35 to 36/37 in 6-8 weeks then you are definitely gaining fat. How many calories are you taking in?

Work out or BMR and then eat 500 cals over that. Increase this 500 cals per week until your belly/fat starts to go up and then cut back slightly.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
calories? no clue
i got no clue how to count calories
all i know how to count is protein in foods...

care to guide me in the right direction, master?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Write down what you've consumed today. Exactly what you've eaten.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
calories? no clue
i got no clue how to count calories
all i know how to count is protein in foods...

care to guide me in the right direction, master?
There are countless calorie counters online or you could use the Diet Tracker on this forum :bb3:

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
I didnt eat much today was out all day

but my normal lifting day eating would look like this

10am: bowl of oates with milk for breakfast

1130-12: 3 eggs

then around here id do a banana with my creatine (as of last week) roughly an hour before gym...

so 2pm protein shake 2 scoops with water and off i go
get home roughly 330-4pm and have another protein shake

5pm ill have 200-250max grams of chicken on the grill (sometimes fried on the pan)... with a small amount of pasta or potatos... and some betroot/pickles on the side

7-730 ill repeat that maybe with a bit less of the pasta/potatos thrown in (if this second meal comes later in the day ill lower it)

somewhere around here i might throw in a carrot or two or a cucumber or somethign to snack on

then maybe 930-10pm ill have a 150g can of pink salmon

sleep around 12-1am

blitzkriegjim

Awards
I didnt eat much today was out all day

but my normal lifting day eating would look like this

10am: bowl of oates with milk for breakfast

1130-12: 3 eggs

then around here id do a banana with my creatine (as of last week) roughly an hour before gym...

so 2pm protein shake 2 scoops with water and off i go
get home roughly 330-4pm and have another protein shake

5pm ill have 200-250max grams of chicken on the grill (sometimes fried on the pan)... with a small amount of pasta or potatos... and some betroot/pickles on the side

7-730 ill repeat that maybe with a bit less of the pasta/potatos thrown in (if this second meal comes later in the day ill lower it)

somewhere around here i might throw in a carrot or two or a cucumber or somethign to snack on

then maybe 930-10pm ill have a 150g can of pink salmon

sleep around 12-1am
Yeah dude, you can make some definite improvements in your diet that I think would greatly affect your physique. If you want to know what mine looks like, PM me and I can probably help you out. I keep a food journal and just handwrite everything in it (carbs, fat, protein, and cals). All I do is measure out serving sizes and go off the nutritional label, and if I'm unsure, I look up the details online of calories/nutrients per serving. Fitday is a good site I would recommend as that's where I started to log my diet, but found it more convenient and easier to access to just have a notebook dedicated to it.