Serious Weight Gain Assistance

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
I know you guys probably hear this sort of rambling A LOT so I’ll apologize in advance for further intoxicating you.

Here it is in a nutshell: I am a tiny, skinny, underweight, little person and quite frankly I am sick and f'ing tired of it. I’m 23 years old (soon to be 24), a college graduate, and I’m 5’6” and 118 pounds at this morning’s measure. I have bounced around in the 110-120 pound range since junior high school and I show no signs of leaving it. I’m so tiny that my friends have affectionately named me “Pip,” as in pip-squeak. I laugh it off, but deep down I want to strangle them for it. But I’m quite sure my 14 year old brother could break out of my strangle hold.

Before anyone even thinks genetics, I’ll quell the discussion. My family is actually normal. My dad is 6’2” and about 210 pounds with an athletic build. My older brother (26) is 6’1” and 190 pounds with a very athletic build. My younger brother (14) is 5’3” and 101 pounds (it’s downright f'ing embarrassing that he almost weighs as much as I do). Even my family makes fun of me. Somehow I got the screwing.

I don’t eat a lot, but that’s because I simply can’t. I have tried. I have consumed food to the point of actual vomit. I go in spurts where I can hardly eat two meals a day. I want to eat, but the thought of food sometimes makes me want to hurl. So I thought there was something medically wrong with me. Nope – passed all of my blood work and tests. My doctor thinks I’m joking when I tell him my eating horror stories. He has not been much help. All he does is tell me to eat. Thanks dickhead.

I thought about joining a gym, but the thought of being in there with other people out-lifting me in such drastic ways terrifies me. I’m embarrassed of my body so the public gym is about the last place I want to be. I even think a personal trainer would make fun of me. I’ve started to get very nasty about it too. When people tell me I’m too skinny, I usually tell them they are too fat (and I then catch hell for it – why is it any different for me to be called skinny?).

I don’t have drastic goals. I just want to look normal. I’d like to get myself up to around 160 pounds which to some of you on here is probably still “pip-squeak.” But 40 pounds for me would be a damn godsend. I’m about ready to try anything. I even considered taking the juice.

God I hope someone can help me here. It’s getting to the point where I am nearly ready to be diagnosed with clinical depression. It’s starting to affect my friendships, family relationships, and work. What do I need to do guys?

kingin23

Awards
ive been 5'9 at 120-135 lbs for a while. One thing i can tell you in order to gain weight you have to eatttt!! 2 meals a day just istnt gonna do it buddy..theres a few appetite stimulators out there never used any but you can give it a try...another thing is to sign up for the gymm. who care what other people think they probably started out just as small as you are too. i see people at the gym skinnier than me n see them try so hard and its funny but ive been in that position before so i know how it feels. theres this one guy at the gymm very skinny hes been goin for the past 3 months and ive noticed him make lots of progress. he walks around with a sheet with his daily excersices and writes what he does. pretty much you have to start somewhere.....even if your considering juice you would still have to go to the gym and work out...dont worry about the amount of weight your doing just focus on proper form and youll see results. you could consider epi which is what im currently on but i would reccommend that at least 6-12 months into your training...so far ive gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks but if you are planing on using epi please do the research on the site because its more than just popping a few pills and working out...you need a proper post cycle and much more...everything in short

EAT EAT EAT
Start Training Hard!!
Drink Protien At Lease 120g a day
Creatine After Working Out

And you should see great results naturally

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot to be said about this topic. I would strongly advise you to check out this write-up that suncloud was nice enough to post. He also has some pretty impressive pictures that show it is possible for a skinny guy to add some mass. I've gained around 11 pounds in the past few months and it was hard but you just have to be focued on your goal. Always have food available.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
http://home.online.no/~janbagg/weightgain.htm

"Admit that you are under-eating!"

"I don't feel sorry for those who lack the discipline to eat more"

"I don't believe you if you tell me you can't eat more than you're eating now"

"You must not excuse yourself from eating what you are supposed to when you are supposed to"

"Carry mayo with you and add lots of it to everything"

"Dip potato chips in honey"

"Always have a jar of peanuts in your car"

"It takes less than 50 seconds to eat two candy bars"

"Never drink any fluids that don't have calories"

"Above all, you must accept the inarguable fact that you must put more food into your mouth"

"Remember - If you want to beat the man, you've gotta out-eat the man!"

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got all you guys beat. When I graduated HS I was 6'0 135lbs. The only thing I can tell you is that you better learn to get intimate (not literally please) with your food, because you wont gain without it. Not saying you were considering it, but steroids aren't the answer either. You can't gain without food period.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks planetfuzz! here's the link, which i hope helps you out a ton.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

as far as your eating problems, you could do a couple things.
1 - eat less food, more often. instead of 2 meals per day, try 2 small meals (like one sandwich) and 3 snacks throughout the day.
2 - ask your doctor if your lack of eating/appetite makes you a candidate for Marinol.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Never drink anything that doesn't have calories?? So no water? Isn't that a horrible idea?
Don't shoot the messenger. I know what you're saying, but I can see where the dude's coming from.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Don't shoot the messenger. I know what you're saying, but I can see where the dude's coming from.
Haha,sorry man. Yeah I suppose I see where he is coming from too. I guess he is just trying to make points not specific rules to follow.

B Scott

B Scott

Awards
I can tell that you're very passionate about this, that being a good thing. However, you have to first learn to not be so hard on yourself. Very, very few people are entirely happy with their physiques so you must first be grateful for what you do have. It's very difficult to change things when you're only focusing on the negative aspects of the situation. It's good to let that frustration fuel your motivation but you can't let it control you.

As far as the training and diet is concerned, don't worry about looking like a fool in front of people working out. What I've always said is that the serious trainees who are worthy of criticizing you (for better or worse) are too busy in the gym to even notice you're there and the rest of the people probably don't know any more than you do. Go in and get the work done for YOURSELF. Listen to some music and tune in to what you're doing, don't even look around at anyone else.

The main thing I would suggest as far as the diet is concerned is that you have to find a way to eat much more frequently. I don't have a big appetite myself and I've always found it very difficult to get all my calories in (I'm getting in around 4600 daily right now). The majority of those are clean calories too. It's amazing how much healthier and energetic you feel just eating clean foods. The only way I can do it is to eat six moderate sized meals spread throughout the day and they eat very small meals literally every hour on the hour. If I'm going to be gone for a while I figure out how much I need within that time frame and pack the food with me. Get yourself a good vitamin and drink plenty of water too.

Basically it's just organization and determination. Nothing is impossible and one thing that you've already got over a lot of people is the amount of passion and serious effort you seem to want to put in to this, so get to it! Best of luck.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
easy tip for some extra cals - buy bulk coconut oil, and try eating 2-3 tablespoons at the end of each meal. alternately, buy natural peanut butter and use that as a snack. its calorically dense, and healthy. 3tbsp of coconut oil is around 400 calories, and its not hard to put down at all.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I was in the same situation less than a year ago. I'm 20, 5'6" and was sitting around 117-120 about 9 months ago (19 then). I've lifted for a couple years but didn't lift right or eat right so I didn't gain any size. I took a 3 month break (and lost most of my muscle mass), and when i got back into lifting I did it right and ate right. Within a couple month I gained a solid 10 pounds. If your worried about being outlifted and such, join a 24 hour gym and go late at night when no one is there. That's what I did. I also had the same problem with eating. You just have to keep eating. Your body will get used to it and you can eat more and more, you're basically weening (if that's the right word) yourself to eat more food. As a new lifter (presuming you are new to it) mass should come fairly quick. Also, you should supplement. Creatine, multivitamin, protein, and a preworkout all work for me. Maybe try a test booster like testostrogrowHP, I've made gains off of that when I did a short cycle on it. It's said that test levels are peak around the 20 year point, but I've read that a deficiency in puberty could lead to low test levels. I think that's the case for me. Now I'm sitting at 135, give or take, and I can rep 90lb dumbells on flat bench for a good set of 8. I can do dips with 3 45lb plates strapped to my waste for a couple reps, and I can lift 260 on decline for a 1 rep max. Takes a little time but it's all worth it. You'll be outlifting a lot of people soon enough. I used to call people fat when they called me skinny, too.

CrushTheEnemy

CrushTheEnemy

Awards
I too understand where you are coming from Zee. I was stuck at being 6' 150-160 through high school, i couldn't eat enough to put on weight. I ended up joining the marine corps, and i have to say all that running really hurt my chances of putting on pounds, until i got into lifting with some of the monsters in my platoon. I found out for years the way i had been lifting was a waste of my time, and that while i was eating alot of food (alot of it crap) i wasn't consuming enough protein. After a few months of a new regimine i bumped up to 180. At first getting used to the taste and texture of protein shakes sucked... But get used to pounding those down and you will be happy you stuck with it. Another thing to deal with is working out being a lanky skinny individual while being surrounded by genetic freaks... if you can put it out of your head and focus you'll go far. I swear working out with guys lifting twice as much as me helped push me to improve. The end result was going to Iraq and dropping back down to 170 ( probably due to the intial heat shock and small pox vaccine sickness), but after 7 months there in 120 degree heat i managed to come home at 200 lbs even. I credit it to Protein, eating a ton, hard work, and help from the experienced guys around me. I tried NO2 which i feel helped a good deal, and i also used creatine ( don't know how i feel about it). Don't give up, i know you have tried before but look at it as a new start . Oh and one more thing, once you achieve your goals maintain Them!! ha ha I'm 190 now and not in the best shape, once i came home from the sand box i remembered how much I loved beer and women.... Now i have the fun task of losing BF and rebuilding.

Best of luck Zee

mildsauce

Awards
I think he knows he needs to eat more, he wants advice on how to do it. Take it from someone who was 5'11" 130, the way to do it is to eat calorie dense foods like starchy carbs and healthy fats. Also, drink your calories. You can make a shake with 350 calories that won't fill you up, so you can keep drinking them every 2 hrs. Sip it over 30 minutes because if you drink it too fast your blood sugar will spike.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
These guys have all got it with the eating, even if you did juice you would gain nothing without the food, that's all you need! You're honestly not in that bad of a spot thought bro, my guess, the way it sounds if you pounded food all day you could could get those 40lb's, and probably still be incredibly lean once you've got there.

As for being afraid of a public gym, I can understand the fear, but your not lifting in a high school gym anymore bro - I think if anything you'll find that the bigger guys in the gym will be more than willing to help you out, after all, none of them started out were they are today!

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I used to be real thin as well. I am about 6'1 and I weighed 150 pounds in high school. I bulked up to 165 a year later, and stopped lifting entirely in college. A year after I graduated, I had a bit of a drinking problem and fell to 150 pounds. I went through a difficult time and forced myself to eat right, stop drinking and to hit the gym.

When you are small and feel weak, the gym can be an intimidating place. But just shut everyone else out and focus on you. You and your goals are what is important.

If you are dealing with depression issues and considering medication, I would strongly encourage you to discuss Remeron (generic is Mirzapatine) with your doctor. It isn't an SSRI drug (these can destroy your appetite). They rarely prescribe Remeron because its mecahnism of action increases your appetite and most depressed people eat as a result of depression and don't want to gain any additional weight. It may even be an anti-catabolic drug. It is a mild anti-depressant / anti-anxiety without the SSRI sides, it will increase your appetite, and you will gain weight even at the lowest prescribed dose. You will feel tired for the first week or so until you are used to it but this wears off quickly. Doctors are very quick to prescribe Paxil or Zoloft, but these SSRI's can have really noticeable sides (no appetite, no sex drive). A friend of mine actually became very unstable when he was on Paxil.

Slowly increase the amount of food you eat each week. If you overload all at once, you are going to feel sick so increase it gradually. It will take time, but you will gain. The food fuels growth and lifting weights triggers it. Exercising regularly will likely increase your appetite as well. Your body will demand more food and you will feel it telling you so. Success at weight training is like success in school. Half the battle is getting yourself to go, and the other half is doing the work.

Good luck to you - everyone is here to help and we all started someplace.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and don't use steroids. They aren't a quick fix and will hurt you if you aren't in great shape first. Most guys who are successful with steroids built a solid foundation first and were in great physical shape. When I was in your situation, I too was tempted to use them.

I went from 150 to my current weight of 200 pounds and I have done it naturally.

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
I don't have enough posts to PM for some reason? I guess everyone can read this then.

Hey suncloud. I've read your Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell) post probably about a half of dozen times since I posted my original article about gaining serious weight.

Since then, I have taken the advice of many of you on this forum and I've taken some steps. I saw a nutritionist earlier this week and we worked on designing a diet tailored specifically for me. How many calories are too many? Right now, the way I see it, I have myself set to take in as many as 8,000 and the portions are small enough that I believe I can do it. Protein as well. You say 20lbs over body weight. My diet we have worked out right now has m WELL over that -- pushing 500 (and that is without pre and post workout intakes). Is this too much?

I know that it is important to have a good protein-carb intake before and after working out. I'm having a difficult time seeing how I'm going to take that much in so quickly? Do you use supplements?

Thanks again for all of your help. You truly are a mastermind at this...

Zander
well thanks for all that :) . honestly, i would have to see what your diet consists of before i could make a guess. my bulking diet pushes 7.5k calories, and its not a huge issue for me - consider though that 3.5-4k of those calories are liquid. i think 8k is a whole lot of calories, and much of that will convert to fat - a given with a calorie surplus.

what is your baseline caloric intake - how much is the max you can take in without gaining weight? figure that out, and add 500-1k calories on to that. there's a logic behind this.

first off, when going to the gym, you burn calories.
second, going to the gym raises your metabolism, raising caloric needs when not active.
third, you still need calories to bulk on top of this.

i think given your situation (118 lbs) you should shoot for around 4k calories at most - with 600-1k of that pre workout (30 minutes before), and another 600-1k immediately after workout.

do you know what your resting caloric intake is by chance? 8k just sounds like way too much given your weight. my bulking diet when i was 126 lbs was 4.5k, so that's where i'm coming from.

anyways, hope this helps, and feel free to fire away with any questions you have :)

I have not started a regular gym schedule yet. It is my understanding that going to the gym does virtually no good if your diet is all screwed to hell. I felt like it was more urgent to get my diet under control before regularly weight training. I’m also still trying to battle between training at home or at a gym. Like I originally said, the thought of going to a gym downright petrifies me. Money is not an issue for me, so I don’t mind purchasing the necessary equipment needed to train at home. I have a large spare room with absolutely nothing in it but dust particles.

I seem to maintain weight consuming approximately 3700 calories. If I consume less than 3700 regularly, I tend to lose weight. These are just basic estimates. My metabolism is absolutely off the wall.

I have tried structuring a diet that consists of a ton of calories and protein but with a lot of it being from liquids. Is that bad? I’ve tested it the past 2 days and I’m doing well. I took some of your ideas, string cheese being most noticeable. I love that stuff and never knew it. I am drinking a lot of milk now – a full gallon yesterday. I bought a bunch of natural peanut butter and I love it (especially with bananas). I am eating it by the tablespoon. I also took the advice from another member and bought some natural coconut oil. I was surprised that I actually enjoy the taste and I’m adding it to shakes along with downing it straight up for a quick caloric boost. I’m also getting 8.5 hours of sleep now, 2 more than I used to (tonight I’ll get more since I have the day off tomorrow).

Well, I’ll give you something to actually look at. This is exactly what I consumed yesterday and today.

Breakfast – 1846 Calories // 108 grams of Protein (6:30am)
2 Cups of Oatmeal
2 Slices of Whole Wheat bread
(Shake) 2 Scoops of 100% Whey Protein
(Shake) 4 Tablespoons of natural Peanut Butter
(Shake) 3 Cups of Whole Milk
(Shake) 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil

Snack – 931 Calories // 37.5 grams of Protein (8:30am)
1 Large Banana
1 Packet of Planters Trail Mix
2 Tablespoons of natural Peanut Butter
3 Cups of Whole Milk

Snack – 530 Calories // 31 grams of Protein (10:30am)
1 Stick of String Cheese
3 Cups of Whole Milk

Lunch – 1088 Calories // 41.2 grams of Protein (12:30pm)
(Sandwich) 2 Slices of Whole Wheat bread
(Sandwich) 2 Tablespoons of natural Peanut Butter
1 Double Cheeseburger
2 Medium Carrots (add virtually no calories but I need more veges)
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (downed straight after lunch)
**I drink a bottle of water with lunch

Snack – 740 Calories // 39 grams of Protein (2:30pm)
1 Stick of String Cheese
2 Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
3 Cups of Whole Milk

Snack – 121 Calories // 1.5 grams of Protein (4:30pm)
1 Large Banana

Dinner – 910 Calories // 39.2 grams of Protein (6:30pm)
2 Cups of enriched Spaghetti w/ added salt
3 Tablespoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (downed straight after dinner)

Snack – 411 Calories // 16.5 grams of Protein (8:30pm)
1 Stick of String Cheese
1 Large Banana

Before Bed – 450 Calories // 24 grams of Protein (10:00pm)
3 Cups of whole milk

By my calculations (and I know they are rough estimates), that has me at 7027 Calories consumed today with 338 grams of Protein. I did this with relative ease actually because I maintained small portions throughout the day which is something I haven’t tried before. Am I consuming too many calories? Am I going to blow up? I’m not completely worried about some fat being packed on (I could surely use it).

As far as a pre and post workout diet schedule, I haven’t really designed one yet. I plan on working out 3 days a week only but trying to make those sessions intense, but obviously starting out slow. I want to start working out next week on Monday.

I’d appreciate ANY advice you have me. If something is off the wall terrible in the diet, please, by all means tell me so I stop. Additionally, if you have any ideas for what I could do for pre and post workout protein/calorie/carb boosts, feel free to add them. Actually, I’ll take ANY advice you have for me about anything. Thanks again for your assistance. I wish I could pay you.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
first off.... wow.

if you can eat that many calories at 118 lbs, more power to you. 3700 calories for maintenance is really high, even for an ectomorph.

if you can stomach 7k calories, and aren't too worried about fat gain, that's awesome. personally, its a bit much IMO, but again, you're bulking, an ecto, and don't care much about fat gain.

other than that - rock on, and good luck!

as far as pre/post workout, it would really depend on what time you work out, and what you eat around it. many people do granola + protein pre workout, and protein + rice cakes/white bread post workout. just adjust your meals around it. based on your caloric intake, you don't need to go crazy with pre/post workout shakes. again, glad to help, and feel free to PM me or write back in this page if you need anything.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I don't have enough posts to PM for some reason? I guess everyone can read this then.

I have not started a regular gym schedule yet. It is my understanding that going to the gym does virtually no good if your diet is all screwed to hell. I felt like it was more urgent to get my diet under control before regularly weight training. I’m also still trying to battle between training at home or at a gym. Like I originally said, the thought of going to a gym downright petrifies me. Money is not an issue for me, so I don’t mind purchasing the necessary equipment needed to train at home. I have a large spare room with absolutely nothing in it but dust particles.

I seem to maintain weight consuming approximately 3700 calories. If I consume less than 3700 regularly, I tend to lose weight. These are just basic estimates. My metabolism is absolutely off the wall.

I have tried structuring a diet that consists of a ton of calories and protein but with a lot of it being from liquids. Is that bad? I’ve tested it the past 2 days and I’m doing well. I took some of your ideas, string cheese being most noticeable. I love that stuff and never knew it. I am drinking a lot of milk now – a full gallon yesterday. I bought a bunch of natural peanut butter and I love it (especially with bananas). I am eating it by the tablespoon. I also took the advice from another member and bought some natural coconut oil. I was surprised that I actually enjoy the taste and I’m adding it to shakes along with downing it straight up for a quick caloric boost. I’m also getting 8.5 hours of sleep now, 2 more than I used to (tonight I’ll get more since I have the day off tomorrow).

Well, I’ll give you something to actually look at. This is exactly what I consumed yesterday and today.

2 Cups of Oatmeal

1 Large Banana
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Stick of String Cheese
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Double Cheeseburger

1 Stick of String Cheese
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Large Banana

1 Stick of String Cheese
1 Large Banana

3 Cups of whole milk

By my calculations (and I know they are rough estimates), that has me at 7027 Calories consumed today with 338 grams of Protein. I did this with relative ease actually because I maintained small portions throughout the day which is something I haven’t tried before. Am I consuming too many calories? Am I going to blow up? I’m not completely worried about some fat being packed on (I could surely use it).

As far as a pre and post workout diet schedule, I haven’t really designed one yet. I plan on working out 3 days a week only but trying to make those sessions intense, but obviously starting out slow. I want to start working out next week on Monday.

I’d appreciate ANY advice you have me. If something is off the wall terrible in the diet, please, by all means tell me so I stop. Additionally, if you have any ideas for what I could do for pre and post workout protein/calorie/carb boosts, feel free to add them. Actually, I’ll take ANY advice you have for me about anything. Thanks again for your assistance. I wish I could pay you.

Man, that looks to be a lot! One thing I'll suggest is that you look into "complete proteins." All proteins, with the exception of meat, dairy, and eggs, are incomplete. You need to combine them to make complete/absorbent proteins.

i.e. beans and rice
beans and corn
nuts and seeds
bread and peanut butter
etc etc.

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
I really don't feel like I'm eating a lot. I think it has to do mostly with the change I have made in my liquid diet. I haven't had a soda or glass of tea in 4 days now (I dumped the remaining soda down the drain). My milk intake has been high but I'm finding that I like the stuff when I once thought I hated it. I'm also drinking 2-3 bottles of water a day.

Should I scale back on the calories? I mean, like I said originally, I'm not worried AT ALL about a little fat being packed on. I surely could use it. And even if I do gain a little fat on the side, I'm still going to be thin. My goal is only 160 and I don't consider that very whale-like.

I'm ready to get in the gym though. I'm most excited about some of the results that may come from that. Now I'm just trying to weigh the gym versus home gym options.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well, as you probably already know, if you start getting a little fatter than you'd like, just scale back on the calories :)

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Breaking those meals down into smaller portions are the key to your success. Ive went through the exact problems of not being able to get those high amount of calories in per day. One thing you'll learn real quick is your body wont let you start taking in 5k a day without first priming it for that caloric need. Start off the first week with 6-8 smaller portioned high protein meals around 3k calories. The following weeks start adding more food/calories till your body starts processing correctly. Theres alot of great info onthis site and alot of very knowledgable members, theres no doubt you can reach your goals if your ready to give it a 100%. Good luck buddy

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Thanks again guys for all your help.

I weighed myself on Monday and I was 118.3 pounds. I weighed myself this morning and I was 122.8 pounds. Is that unhealthy gain or is this expected given the drastic change in diet?

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again guys for all your help.

I weighed myself on Monday and I was 118.3 pounds. I weighed myself this morning and I was 122.8 pounds. Is that unhealthy gain or is this expected given the drastic change in diet?
Its definatley the change in diet.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
that's some seriously fast weight gain, and most of it has to be either water bloat or fat. 2-3 lbs per month of muscle is about the most you can do natural.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
that's some seriously fast weight gain, and most of it has to be either water bloat or fat. 2-3 lbs per month of muscle is about the most you can do natural.
Yeah when I started to do my first bulk I put on 10lbs in 14days..lol Dang I was hoping it was all muscle, but it was'nt..lmao Did'nt matter though It felt good anyway

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established

2 Cups of Oatmeal

1 Large Banana
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Stick of String Cheese
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Double Cheeseburger

1 Stick of String Cheese
3 Cups of Whole Milk

1 Large Banana

1 Stick of String Cheese
1 Large Banana

3 Cups of whole milk

Not that good at evaluating meals and stuff, but is this meal considered pretty high fat or balanced? Not tyring to stir anything, just trying to learn.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Not that good at evaluating meals and stuff, but is this meal considered pretty high fat or balanced? Not tyring to stir anything, just trying to learn.
high fat. its an ecto thing :)

my best bulks where when i added half and half (quart size) to my day.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
So what would need to be ajusted to make this low fat, but still have at least 4000 calories. Iwas thinking maybe non fat milk instead of whole milk, then get rid of the cheese burgers and sandwiches. Myabe not so many meals, cut it down to 5 or 6, then not so much peanut butter.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I really don't feel like I'm eating a lot. I think it has to do mostly with the change I have made in my liquid diet. I haven't had a soda or glass of tea in 4 days now (I dumped the remaining soda down the drain). My milk intake has been high but I'm finding that I like the stuff when I once thought I hated it. I'm also drinking 2-3 bottles of water a day.

Should I scale back on the calories? I mean, like I said originally, I'm not worried AT ALL about a little fat being packed on. I surely could use it. And even if I do gain a little fat on the side, I'm still going to be thin. My goal is only 160 and I don't consider that very whale-like.

I'm ready to get in the gym though. I'm most excited about some of the results that may come from that. Now I'm just trying to weigh the gym versus home gym options.
ZeeAnderMan - good to see that you are sticking to your goals to better yourself. When you feel healthy physically, it will translate it all areas of your life.

If you are under-weight for your frame right now, I think you can attain 160 relatively quickly. Once you get into a good workout routine, you will probably pick up a quick 10-15 pounds over the next 8-12 weeks. Before you know it, you will be pushing your goals past that mark.

I think you would do best in a gym personally. You will have much more access to different equipment. As far as your diet, increase your calories incrementally so you can acclimate your body to it. Regardless of how you feel about your diet, make sure you hit the gym. It will stimulate your appetite and keep you focused on going consistently.

I think you will get great results on 4000-4500 calories a day. Avoid bad foods like fast food and especially soda. Limit your intake of high fructose corn syrup and don't eat anything with Hydrogenated oils or MSG derivatives. I firmly believe that your metabolism and cellular function improves in efficiency once you flush these substances out of your body.

You might do a training log on here to track your progress. I would be interested in seeing how you progress. Good luck.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
So what would need to be ajusted to make this low fat, but still have at least 4000 calories. Iwas thinking maybe non fat milk instead of whole milk, then get rid of the cheese burgers and sandwiches. Myabe not so many meals, cut it down to 5 or 6, then not so much peanut butter.
peanut butter is high in mono fat. it should always be consumed with any healthy bulk.

to make it lower calorie, skimp on the saturated fat, polyunsaturated, etc. - skim milk as you mentioned, 96% lean beef, low fat cheese for burgers, etc.

trans fat is still the devil - not good for anyone.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
peanut butter is high in mono fat. it should always be consumed with any healthy bulk.

to make it lower calorie, skimp on the saturated fat, polyunsaturated, etc. - skim milk as you mentioned, 96% lean beef, low fat cheese for burgers, etc.

trans fat is still the devil - not good for anyone.
Great tips!

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
It's been 10 days since I have weighed myself. I just did this morning. I've also been working out in a gym with a personal trainer for 9 days now.

I'm still gaining weight rather rapidly. I'm up to 127 pounds. That's 9 pounds in a span of only a couple of weeks. I have scaled back a bit on my caloric intake. I'm down to about 6900 a day now.

I guess the only question I have at this point is - is it bad to have a good portion of your calories coming in liquid form? I'm drinking A LOT of milk these days. Thanks.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
It's been 10 days since I have weighed myself. I just did this morning. I've also been working out in a gym with a personal trainer for 9 days now.

I'm still gaining weight rather rapidly. I'm up to 127 pounds. That's 9 pounds in a span of only a couple of weeks. I have scaled back a bit on my caloric intake. I'm down to about 6900 a day now.

I guess the only question I have at this point is - is it bad to have a good portion of your calories coming in liquid form? I'm drinking A LOT of milk these days. Thanks.
i don't think so. liquid calories are easily absorbed and are great for "instant energy". this lets the food add the "meat to your bones". progress is progress - i bet gaining 9 pounds feels real good to someone that was under 120 :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i don't think so. liquid calories are easily absorbed and are great for "instant energy". this lets the food add the "meat to your bones". progress is progress - i bet gaining 9 pounds feels real good to someone that was under 120 :)
I bet any 120lber could gain weight eating 6900 calories a day. Just beware that not all of the weight you are putting on is muscle. Get ready for the stretchmarks! I can't believe you are eating that many cals at that weight haha, but more power to you!

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Congrats! I was in the same boat - a few pounds lighter - most of my life. I wish I'd have started earlier, like you are. I've gained a bit too much fat for my liking lately and will be attempting my first fat loss! :)
Boards like this have helped a lot. Concentrating on compound movements, strengthening the core, good recipes and just helping to stay motivated.

Keep it up!

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established

6900 cals is insane i wish i could do that but i just dont have the appetite to eat that much

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about all the liquid calories. I drink at least 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of milk a week, and I buy whole milk. Keep hitting the weights and keep eating. When I was in your position, I used to eat everything. But as you progress, you learn more and more about nutrition and different exercises, and you will get picky about what you eat. If you keep this up for a year, you will be a different person. And you will have NO regrets and wished you did it sooner. That's how I felt anyway.

And props to you man, I don't see how you can eat that many calories. But since you can, you should see definite strength and mass increases well into the upcoming months.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about all the liquid calories. I drink at least 2 1/2 to 3 gallons of milk a week, and I buy whole milk. Keep hitting the weights and keep eating. When I was in your position, I used to eat everything. But as you progress, you learn more and more about nutrition and different exercises, and you will get picky about what you eat. If you keep this up for a year, you will be a different person. And you will have NO regrets and wished you did it sooner. That's how I felt anyway.

And props to you man, I don't see how you can eat that many calories. But since you can, you should see definite strength and mass increases well into the upcoming months.

I do the same thing 2-3 gals of Whole milk every week, I love it.

ZeeAnderMan

ZeeAnderMan

Awards
Well, I don't find myself actually EATING a lot. I have always been a thirsty person. All throughout college - drink drink drink. Back then it was mainly beer, red bull, and Lipton ice tea. I have canned all of that crappy stuff. I haven't had a beer, soda, can of red bull, or tea in 3 weeks now. When I'm thirsty, I drink milk or water. I'm nearly at a gallon of milk a day.

I figured out what really hindered my eating abilities from the past. When I would sit down to eat a meal, I always had to have some crappy drink whether it was beer, soda, or what have you. Now I eat with mostly a small glass of water and I will not allow myself to refill it until I am completely done with what I am eating. W

When I am done eating, I'm so thirsty (because I always am), that I am easily able to drink 3 cups of milk which adds a nice 450 calorie boost to your meal. I never drink the milk plain though. Some of you might find this gross as hell, but I am now dropping 2 tbsp of coconut oil (250 calories) into those helpings of milk. Do that 5 times a day - approximately 3500 calories just in what I drink.

I was worried that I was being unsafe with that... But I'm glad I'm not.

I do miss beer though....

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
If there is a HEB in your area, switch to mootopia, you will love the taste, plus it is richer in protein than other milk. The non fat is 12g of protein. If you can afford ON's Serious Mass, you will also love the taste and it has 1250 Cals, 50g protein, and 50g carbs, check it out.

mildsauce

Awards
The quality of calories matters as much as the quantity. Whole milk isn't good due to the high saturated fat content. Stick to 1% or skim, and get your fat from plant-based oils or fish.

I've been down this road already. I used to be 130 lbs and I'm a few inches taller than you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
high saturated fat is fine, so long as your serum cholesterol level + ldl/hdl levels are good. remember that your serum cholesterol is made from saturated fats, and testosterone is made from that

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
my energy levels actually drop when i run out of my half and half. 3 cups is part of my breakfast. i swear that when i don't take it, i physically don't feel as good.

it gives me motivation and more energy on a daily basis.