pre-workout meal?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
what is ur preworkout meal?
how long between ur pre workout meal and training?

my pre workout meal is usually 6" subway roll or pasta and I have it about 90 mins before workout.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
10g whey
10g casen
1/2 banana
20g oats
250ml skim milk

....blended

2hrs preWO

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
32g whey
peanut butter sandwitch on wholegrain
1 litre 2%

1.5 hour pre workout

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
32g whey
peanut butter sandwitch on wholegrain
500ml 2% milk ***

1.5 hour pre workout

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup oats
1 cup whole milk
1 banana

Berserko

Berserko

Awards
2 hours Pre:

2 cups water
3/4 cup of oats
1 serving Relentless

cedrone50

Awards
I usually eat a chicken ceasar salad about 3 hours before i work out is that not enough protein and too long of a gap between eating and my workout

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat a chicken ceasar salad about 3 hours before i work out is that not enough protein and too long of a gap between eating and my workout

Why the f*ck can people not use punctuation. It's not hard.

Just chicken and lettuce for pre workout? No Carbs?

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
90 Minutes pre-workout either:

1 Chicken breast
1 Cup of Wholemeal Pasta

or:

4 Eggs
3 Slices of Wholemeal Bread

30 Minutes Pre-workout

1 Banana

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
60-90 minutes pre workout
2 scoops whey
1 cup oats
2 scoops waxi
10 ounces milk, 20 water
600 mg p-slin

10-15 minutes pre workout
shock therapy

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 scoops whey
1 cup oats
2 scoops waxi
10 ounces milk, 20 water
600 mg p-slin

shock therapy
P-Slin - now we're talking... tried 800mg yet?

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
not yet, but probably will this friday cuz that's my hardest lifting day. from the p-slin i dont get the ridiculous pumps like everybody says, but what i do notice is i cant eat a ton of food and still work out an hour later. so with that being said i know that all of the food that i eat is being put to good use. i'll let you guys know how 800 mg goes after my workout friday. have you tried it yet jakell

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not yet, but probably will this friday cuz that's my hardest lifting day. from the p-slin i dont get the ridiculous pumps like everybody says, but what i do notice is i cant eat a ton of food and still work out an hour later. so with that being said i know that all of the food that i eat is being put to good use. i'll let you guys know how 800 mg goes after my workout friday. have you tried it yet jakell
try it in a Monsta Shake my friend:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/106979-bulk-p-slin.html

there's a bit of reading in there, but worth your time I can assure you :thumbsup:

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
ya i've read through it, although i dont do the intra shake protocal due to the fact that i take shock therapy and powerfull 15 minutes before i work out. so i dont want to lose the puresap aspect of powerfull, and eating during my workout will also hinder the effects of the shock therapy as well. but i do like it alot in my pre meal shake. not overally impressed with powerfull but from what i heard you need to run it for awhile to get the full effect, i sleep somewhat better but other than that havnt noticed any other pronouncable effects. after the holidays im going to get 2 prime and possibly 2 diesel test hardcores... sounds like a promising stack. Has anybody used this combo? if so what was your experience? has anybody else done any other stack with Prime?

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
what i like about some of the companies here at AM, and USP labs in particular to this post, is the fact they really let you know how to take full benefit of their products by focusing on the diet aspect of their products

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
yeah, step it up. that is lacking.

eat that and then add a thick roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread.

eat both about an hour and a half before your workout.

cedrone50

Awards
well i eat the chicken ceasar salad 3 hours before working out because im in school and i buy it at lunch. My school has strict rules about eating food in class or in the hallways, it's wicked dumb, so i usually cant eat any time after that. I go to the gym right after school. It's the best i can do. Any suggestions?

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mine varies and changes with goals as well as if I am using AP or Pslin(currently I am not).

current pre wo meal.....

45 grams of cooked oats
1 banana or apple
2 scoops of whey or 1 scoop whey with 12 oz. of fat free milk

I work out 1-2 hrs after I eat, it just depends on how I am feeling.

Last edited:
R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what is ur preworkout meal?
how long between ur pre workout meal and training?

my pre workout meal is usually 6" subway roll or pasta and I have it about 90 mins before workout.

Pasta isn't bad as long as you don't over board. Also helps to eat whole grain pasta or brown rice pasta(I love this stuff).

Ditch the Subway 6 inch, there are so many better choices you can make or easily whip up.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
10g whey
10g casen
1/2 banana
20g oats
250ml skim milk

....blended

2hrs preWO
Nice choice Jake! One of my fav's, I have switched over to whole food vs. blending oatmeal and banana...however I'm jumping back on the bulk pslin soon so I'll be heading back down this road soon :thumbsup:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops whey
1 cup oats
2 scoops waxi
10 ounces milk, 20 water
600 mg p-slin

shock therapy
Badass. I am going to give the pslin monster shake a shot once I have the balls to do DC training.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Mine is 3 tuna or roast beef sandwiches about 2 hours before.
Equals to about 100g carbs, 50g protein. Perfect.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
what exactly is p-slin..everyone here seemsto be nuts about it.. what does it do and what is the science behind it?.. there is no nutritonal value to it is there? sorry for my ignorance

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
it basically takes carbohydrates and helps your body utilize them more effeciently, and delivers carbs right to your muscles. mostly used pre workout anywhere from 400 to 800 mg. i recently started to do just 400 in my pre workout meal shake, then i have my post workout shake similar to mine posted in this thread but with milk peanut butter banana and creatine along with another 400 mg. i feel all the carbs are being put to good use. definetly a noticeable difference using it.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
p-slin sounds very intresting... in everyones opinoun does it seem like pslin is worth the money.. has anyone seen or felt a noticeable difference from it.. im guessing it is kind of an immitation insulin... yet less dangerous

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
i definetly think it is worth the money. Get in bulk off of nutra and it's 30 bucks for about 80 servings. I play baseball, so as an athlete i have to eat a decent amount of carbs as it is, and with the addition of p-slin i feel i am eating more but a majority of the carbs im eating are fueling my workouts and bull pens. so pretty much all of what you put in is being put to good use. any questions just ask!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
1 hour preworkout = 20g oats + 25g whey [or 1/2 can of tuna]
15 min preworkout = 1 cup black coffee + 10gram Creatine [i'm using neovar now instead tho]

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys cook your oats before you blend them, or do you throw them in there raw?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
mine

I eat 45mins pre.....it seems a lot but I need it just to get the cals in.

2 large wheat toast (220cals)
1 scoop pre workout formula (50cals)
1 scoop whey (120cals)

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
1.25 - 1.5 hours out, pslin, 100 grams of oat bran followed by a ON whey/water shake with 5gm BCAA

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
just started a new pre workout meal an hour before my lift...
(all thrown in a blender)
1.5 cups of liquid egg whites
1 cup whole grain oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup cottage cheese
8oz water
scoop of whey
ice cubes

jeiden

Awards
2-1.5 hrs out. 1 chicken breast. med sweet potatoe. 1 tbs peanut butter
30min out. large apple and 1 scoop ATW

i sometimes switch out the apple for 1 cut oatmeal and just mix the whey in that.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just started a new pre workout meal an hour before my lift...
(all thrown in a blender)
1.5 cups of liquid egg whites
1 cup whole grain oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup cottage cheese
8oz water
scoop of whey
ice cubes
Jesus!

ono

ono

Awards
180g carbs
25g protein
10g fat

consumed between 4-2 hours before i train (try to consume CHO in 3 seperate 60g servings) - so if i train at 8pm, it's 60g CHO at 4pm, 5pm and 6pm.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
2 hours
1 8oz sirlion patty with 2 fryd eggs ontop
in between to buns
all these ppl and ther weak shakes hahaha
eat some red meat and ull notice the differance first work out!
or just some fryd eggs in real butter