NEED LEAN BULKING DIET Help pleasee!

newroginny12

Awards
whats up guys I'm 5 ft 9 169 lbs 15% body fat rite now..I'm trying to go on a Lean Bullking diet...I go to the gym and lift usually 5 times a week...I am actually starting a cycle in the next month and wanted to get the correct diet plan before i started this way i can start it now and continue to use it during...I've been doing a lot of researching and im just not sure on how i should approach it besides adding more calories i want to add the right types of foods.. right now my diet isn't that great..

Ill give you an example...today i had an everything bagel with cream cheese and a coffee for breakfast(5:30am) then coffee break at work I had 3 egg whites with bacon and tomato on whole wheat 12oz whole milk, then OJ and a Bananna(9:00am)for lunch i had chicken salad on a roll with tomato and a chicken soup Bottle of water(NOON)dinner i had fried porkchops with green beans and mashed potatoes(7:00pm) thats usually it

i need help to get on the right track my goal is to gain as much lean weight as possible id appreciate anyy suggestions thankss

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
eh
im no diet expert... but how old are you? im going to assume in the teens?? either way if you are or arent... 5 days a week is overtraining... 3 days is fine if you plan it properly, 4 if u wana hit the legs twice a week

overtraining is the biggest mistake make sure you're not... as tempting as it is to hit the gym regularly you will find the longer you rest the better you will lift next time around

Rah22491

Awards
I would start my finding your maintainence level then increase that by 250 cal the first week then 250 the next you dont want to do it to fast or youll stagnate your metabolism.
Second you need to you every 2 to three hours religiously eat things like oatmeal whole wheat pasta and bread sweet potatoes. Try to get 40% of your diet from whole wheat carbs.

Make sure your protein is high as well around 1 g/ pound bodyweight. Def stay away from fried things. I eat a ton of grilled or baked chicken which is the leanest and best protein source also steak and tuna are good try to get around 40 or 50% protein.

Third dont neglect healthy fats. You need them to help with test levels and cardiovascular health. I would suggest a fish oil( Animal omega is great) Also Salmon is veryhigh in omega threes and six as well as olive oil and natty pb around 10 to 20% of your diet should come from healthy fats.
I know this is alot of info but hope it helps

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
5 days a week is not over training if you know what you are doing. Not everyone works out 2 muscle groups a day remember? :thumbsup:

newroginny12

Awards
I would start my finding your maintainence level then increase that by 250 cal the first week then 250 the next you dont want to do it to fast or youll stagnate your metabolism.
Second you need to you every 2 to three hours religiously eat things like oatmeal whole wheat pasta and bread sweet potatoes. Try to get 40% of your diet from whole wheat carbs.

Make sure your protein is high as well around 1 g/ pound bodyweight. Def stay away from fried things. I eat a ton of grilled or baked chicken which is the leanest and best protein source also steak and tuna are good try to get around 40 or 50% protein.

Third dont neglect healthy fats. You need them to help with test levels and cardiovascular health. I would suggest a fish oil( Animal omega is great) Also Salmon is veryhigh in omega threes and six as well as olive oil and natty pb around 10 to 20% of your diet should come from healthy fats.
I know this is alot of info but hope it helps
right now im averaging about 4 to 5 meals a day...is that enough?

Rah22491

Awards
More than likely not. I would say probably 6 or 7 including your shakes as meals. start out around 3000 cal if you find thats not enough or too much adjust accordingly. your probably really going to have to experiement with carb intake until you find your range. If you are getting too many carbs you will start to smooth out, if that happens just back off a little. Im bulking right now and my sweet spot seem to be 250g protein and 300-350g carbs but everyone is differnt. Start at around 250 and increase around 50g a week until you find what works for you.

As far as training goes 5 days is def not overtraining. Find what works for you but 1 bodypart a day 5 days a weak has worked wonders for me but everyone is different. Another important thing is not to neglect cardio. Many people do this whil bulking but 15 to 20 3x a week will keep you from putting excess fat as well as shuttle nutrient to your muscles. If you think about its only 45-to and hour a week.

newroginny12

Awards
More than likely not. I would say probably 6 or 7 including your shakes as meals. start out around 3000 cal if you find thats not enough or too much adjust accordingly. your probably really going to have to experiement with carb intake until you find your range. If you are getting too many carbs you will start to smooth out, if that happens just back off a little. Im bulking right now and my sweet spot seem to be 250g protein and 300-350g carbs but everyone is differnt. Start at around 250 and increase around 50g a week until you find what works for you.

As far as training goes 5 days is def not overtraining. Find what works for you but 1 bodypart a day 5 days a weak has worked wonders for me but everyone is different. Another important thing is not to neglect cardio. Many people do this whil bulking but 15 to 20 3x a week will keep you from putting excess fat as well as shuttle nutrient to your muscles. If you think about its only 45-to and hour a week.

yea i usually do cardio like 2 times a week but ill up it to 3

dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez

Awards
Here is an example of what your diet should look like. I weigh 180, trying to get to 210. Of course this type of diet can be taiored to your specific needs

Meal#1
7:00 30 grams of whey protein taken with water. 30mins later, omelette using 2 full eggs and 4 egg whites and two pieces of brown toast. 1 glass of 100% orange juice. 60g 550
Meal#2
10:00 Weight gainer shake which includes 40 grams of protein, 40 grams of pure carbs and 5 grams of creatine. Two whole large bananas. 45g 400
Meal#3
1:00 150 grams of either lean beef, skinless chicken or tuna. Wholemeal bread or brown rice. Salad and one piece of fresh fruit. 35g 500
Meal#4
4:00 Weight gainer shake which includes 40 grams of protein, 40 grams of pure carbs and 5 grams of creatine. 3 low fat biscuits. 40g 500
WORKOUT
Meal#5
6:00 Post workout shake. 40 grams of whey protein, 25 grams of dextrose and 5 grams of creatine. 40g 350
Meal#6
7:00 Post workout meal. 150 grams of lean beef, chicken or fish. Brown rice and green vegetables. 40g 550
Meal#7
10:00 Before bed protein injection. 30 grams of whey protein taken with water. (You may take casein protein before bed if you want slow absorption protein)
30g 160
Totals: 270g

dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez

Awards
That comes out to 270 grams of protein and about 3600 calories.