peanut butter

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
So i'm bulking at the moment and eating 100g of natty peanut butter a day. Just curious to how much natty peanut butter others eat while bulking!

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I clear a tub of "Naturally More" PB a week.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I go through a jar a week too! I love Smuckers All Natty PB

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can of course eat more pb than that. I know a guy who competes ( he won the welterweight class at the North Americans this year), and he eats 12 tablespoons a day. After speaking with him, he says he takes no digestive aids etc... Granted, if I were going to eat that much, I would make sure I stayed regular. Seems like it would be hard to not stay constipated on that much pb, but he claims that isn't the case. Here are some links to his pics. Not a huge guy, but built well none the less...

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/64182/

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
3-4 tbsp a day. I should probably eat more because PB is cheap.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had any digestive problems from PB

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I still am using good ol JIF for my PB. Should I really make a switch over to natty.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Only digestive problems I have from, is soft stool. And that isn't very often.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still am using good ol JIF for my PB. Should I really make a switch over to natty.
I eat Skippy's natty PB, and I can't tell the difference, other than the label of course. Natty is definitely worth it.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
NATTY all the way!!! that hydrolyzed vegetable oil will kill you lol

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I go through a jar a week too! I love Smuckers All Natty PB
ya smuckers is surprisingly one of the best.

you can pour off the oil on top and you are left with a tad less fatty, higher protein paste that actually tastes awesome itself.

oh, 1 tablespoon with 3 of my 6 daily meals is how much i like to eat!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's weird now that I like the crunchy pb, whenever i try to eat the creamy it just doesn't do it for me.

kingin23

Awards
i put peanut butter in my protien shake all the time love it!!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I'm off PB, as painful as it can be at times. I find that chewin' some walnuts and flax seed together are not only better fat sources (omega 3, not 6), but also complement/complete each other protein-wise nicely. BUT DAMN DO I MISS PB!!!!!!!!!! SMUCKERS NATURAL CRUNCHY WITH SPLENDA ALL UP IN IT FTW FTW FTW FTW.

shotdead42

Awards
iunno, ima just throw this out there. like sumon told me this, but is eating too much PB bad for u?
like iunno, heard if u eat too much of it , itll get u high cholesterol?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
iunno, ima just throw this out there. like sumon told me this, but is eating too much PB bad for u?
like iunno, heard if u eat too much of it , itll get u high cholesterol?
correct!..but if you are on a p.h cycle what happens is your good cholesterol level drops while your bad cholesterol level spikes,so we need the e.f.a's(essential fatty acids) that are found in raw nuts or p.b!..to raise are good cholesterol levels.and also do to the liphiophilic(hope i spelled that right) nature of some of the p.h compounds that we use.p.b(or a good source of e.f.a's) is recommended.

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I decided to make another try at natty. Took some advice and bought Skippy Natty,,,WOW this stuff is awesome. No more JIF for me

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
correct!..but if you are on a p.h cycle what happens is your good cholesterol level drops while your bad cholesterol level spikes,so we need the e.f.a's(essential fatty acids) that are found in raw nuts or p.b!..to raise are good cholesterol levels.and also do to the liphiophilic(hope i spelled that right) nature of some of the p.h compounds that we use.p.b(or a good source of e.f.a's) is recommended.
You can always switch it up with some Coconut Oil. I swear by the stuff, unrefined preferably. I truly think it gives me more energy, and who can argue with a rock hard pecker every morning :nono:

PS Cashew butter is heavenly !

shotdead42

Awards
wait so if ppl on a P.H cycle then eating too much PB is bad?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
wait so if ppl on a P.H cycle then eating too much PB is bad?
i would say 10gm of(peanuts/sunflower seeds/or what ever nuts you like!) nut's or 2-3 or even 4 tbsp. of p.b a day should be ok! or like steve-o said"coconut oil"is fine also!

shotdead42

Awards
i would say 10gm of(peanuts/sunflower seeds/or what ever nuts you like!) nut's or 2-3 or even 4 tbsp. of p.b a day should be ok! or like steve-o said"coconut oil"is fine also!
u mean 10MG? or gm.
if i'm not on a P.H cycle(which i'm sorta not sure what it is), about 10mg is ok to eat daily?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
u mean 10MG? or gm.
if i'm not on a P.H cycle(which i'm sorta not sure what it is), about 10mg is ok to eat daily?
im sorry!..10 grams.of fat!(e.f.a)...and as far as on cycle its recommended,but for off cycle it is a good source of protien! and i heard of people going through a tub of peanut butter a week!on or off cycle!it also helps with the absorption of the supps.that is being taken.

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
You can always switch it up with some Coconut Oil. I swear by the stuff, unrefined preferably. I truly think it gives me more energy, and who can argue with a rock hard pecker every morning :nono:
PS Cashew butter is heavenly !
I second that!!

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
are we really questioning if too much All-Natty PB is bad for you?:think:
but we'll put di-methylated prohormones in our body without much question? I dont wanna hear "as long as you have a good PCT" check the scales my friends lol

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I got a funny look when i bought 3kg of natty peanut butter today:(

elabor

elabor

Awards
I too eat about 3-4, simply because I am afraid of getting backed up lol!
PB won't back you up. Its got a few grams of fiber and plenty of oil and protein. It gets broken down when digested, into particles, so its nothing like it is going in when its coming out. I like to combine mine with double protein wheat bread, which uses extra gluten to get to 7g a slice, to get a more complete protein. Gluten is what gives pizza crust its chew.:pizza:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could just sit down and eat an entire jar of peanut butter. I use Krema peanut butter. Cheaper than smuckers and the ingredients are: roasted peanuts.

I am eating about 4 tbsp's a day.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
do you out it in the frig? I didnt for a while and it was always really runny, if you put it in the frig, it stays perfect!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i weigh out 200g everyday and stick it in a tub. after every meal i'll take a few spoonfuls :)

Extra 1150 cals a day right there :D

HEARTLESS

Awards
PB is one of my favorite ways to grab extra cals throughout the day.. up to 8-12 tsp a day right now.. 2 slice whole wheat, tsp pb, and 2 tsp honey makes for a nice snack :)

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
Up my use,, going thru a jar in like 3-4 days now,, 4-6 tbsp a day,,

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
what are the benefits of coconut oil.. every time im at the store i think about buying it but cant figure out what would be the difference between that and just getting some flax oil/fish oils? a rock hard pecker does sound good, but i mean nutrional benefits vs flax/fish oils

huskie

Awards
For me PB is my main source of protein every day. Apx 6 to 8tbsp

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are the benefits of coconut oil.. every time im at the store i think about buying it but cant figure out what would be the difference between that and just getting some flax oil/fish oils? a rock hard pecker does sound good, but i mean nutrional benefits vs flax/fish oils
It's not a replacement for fish oils- you should still take 8-10 cap/day (3g EPA & DHA combined). But coconut oil is just another way to get in your fats that is very healthy; it helps boosts metabolism and thyroid, and may be linked to increase T levels. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Coconut+Oil+Benefits&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

ParaManiac

ParaManiac

Awards
For me PB is my main source of protein every day. Apx 6 to 8tbsp

Poor choice as a primary protein source.

It has a poor AA ratio and would need to be supplemented/combined to become a "complete" source.

Also not the best source of fat as it doesn't contain EFA's.

Quick question - does anyone know if PB spikes blood sugar levels?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established

It has a poor AA ratio and would need to be supplemented/combined to become a "complete" source.

Incomplete proteins are much more complete than everyone has been led to believe.

Much more importantly, 6-8 tablespoons is only around 30g of protein. Not much for a "main source".

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established

Quick question - does anyone know if PB spikes blood sugar levels?
depends on how much sugar is in it, and the level of sugar already in your blood