Help With New Bicep Routine

BigEasy87

Awards
Alright guys I have been taking in alot of information and listening to opinions on threads. I have come up with this bicep routine.

Incline Db curl - 3 sets 8 - 12 reps
Standing Barbell curls - 3 sets 8 - 12 reps
Hammer/21's - 3 sets 8 - 12 reps
(Alternating b/w Hammer and 21's per week)

I am thinking about doing this routine twice per week
Any suggestions are appreciated

iceman5005

iceman5005

Awards
hmm
hamer curls 3sets 8-12
preachers EZ curls 3sets 8-12
21's 3 sets
be ur best bet!!! do not overdo it,once a week is enough..
BTW how old are u,how long in the gym?

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hmm
hamer curls 3sets 8-12
preachers EZ curls 3sets 8-12
21's 3 sets
be ur best bet!!! do not overdo it,once a week is enough..
BTW how old are u,how long in the gym?
I wish I could get my bis to grow on a routine like that. It would make life in the gym a lot less time consuming.

BigEasy87

Awards
I'm 19 5'10 172 lbs - 8% BF
I've been training for about 15 months

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do about 14 sets for my bis. 6 of them are part of a set of supersets. I know some guys that do about 20 sets. Keep in mind you don't want to do all concentrated movements. Also, You should do your standing barbell curls first as that is your biggest mass movement.

A lot of people don't understand that you really need to focus on the contraction and form while working out your arms. If you have that you will be golden.

iceman5005

iceman5005

Awards
yeah but to many sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agre about "doing it right"
just go heavy m8!!! a 10 sets are more than enough!!!

iceman5005

iceman5005

Awards
Heresy is an introduced change to some system of belief, especially a religion, that conflicts with the previously established canon of that belief.
i dont quite understand u??:nutkick:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heresy is an introduced change to some system of belief, especially a religion, that conflicts with the previously established canon of that belief.
i dont quite understand u??:nutkick:
And BBing/strength training is a religion to most of us here at AM! :nutkick:

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
...deff do barbell curls first, they are the biggest mass maker for arms. Also when you curl up, dont go higher than your shoulders, you take the tension off of your bi's when you do. Focus on the movement and contraction of the muscle, and the negative! dont just drop it, LOWER it with your bi's

geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
im not gonna tell you what you should do first or anything like that. I have found that mixing it up often helps but make sure that your form is good and you really squeeze each rep cause you should get a pretty good pump with just one set in, But mix up your exercises and your orders cause your body will simply get accustomed to the same thing do preachers first one week then the next week do alternating and also rep ranges i like to mix up as well and drop sets really own your biceps and once a week is plenty your biceps believe it or not are very small and dont take much work to achieve good results....in my opinion

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't really have a bicep "routine"

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Agree with rugger. Look into Muscle and Fitness december 08 edition. They have a sick 4 week bicep routine in their and by doing it i added .25 inches to my biceps in 5 weeks. It hits every part of the bicep in a diff week and is only one bicep workout a week.....

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ya man i wouldnt have a once a week bi workout maybe an arm workout would work. but anyway i would drop preachers imo cuz for me they didnt really have an affect once i hit this routine ive just been so happy with it start Incline DB Curls, Standing bb/ez curl bar, 21's, concentration curls when im done lifting my arm to scratch my opposite shoulder (right arm to scratch left shoulder) feels like my bi is tearing through the skin cuz its so pumped but this is my opinion

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
What is your protocol for these lifts, cause they should be sequenced well ahead of starting any isolation routines:

- Squat
- Deadlift
- Bench
- Pullups/Chinups
- Dips

yghetr

yghetr

Awards
don't focus on isolated exercises ;-) stick to compound...and weighted pull ups with a close inward grip...mainly for biceps but it'll work a bit of your back too...;-)

Train for Functional strength :thumbsup:

oh and try all the above too.. :)