Wondering what I should do... - AnabolicMinds.com

Wondering what I should do...

1. New Member
    Answers

Wondering what I should do...

I'm definitely not in a competition yet and I don't play any sports so my main goal is to bulk up, but I've been eating 5-6 meals a day, taking True Mass/Up Your Mass for about 8 weeks now. During the first four weeks I saw really good gains and since, my gains have been less noticeable. I'm assuming my body is used to bulking and after I take a break my weight will shoot up like it did

Should I eat normally and take a break from working out the next two to four weeks or something? I want to do whatever will gain me more mass in the long run

2. New Member
    Answers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by clay10h View Post
    I'm definitely not in a competition yet and I don't play any sports so my main goal is to bulk up, but I've been eating 5-6 meals a day, taking True Mass/Up Your Mass for about 8 weeks now. During the first four weeks I saw really good gains and since, my gains have been less noticeable. I'm assuming my body is used to bulking and after I take a break my weight will shoot up like it did

Should I eat normally and take a break from working out the next two to four weeks or something? I want to do whatever will gain me more mass in the long run

Your body has adapted to your calorie intake.Solution:eat more.
  3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post
    Your body has adapted to your calorie intake.Solution:eat more.
    So I should eat 8+ meals a day and 6+mass supplements a day??
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

how much weight have you gained?

if you were 175 for example, and now you're 185, you're still eating like a 175 pound guy trying to gain. i wouldn't add 2 more meals, though you could, i'd just work on eating more for the 6 meals you're already doing. add 4 tbsp of peanut butter to your bedtime snack - thats just shy of 400 calories. whatever you're eating, is no longer what you need. find creative ways to add more healthy calories to your diet - cook in olive oil for example.
  5. New Member
    Answers

So I should eat 8+ meals a day and 6+mass supplements a day??

Not sure what you mean here.Eat every three hours[when i say eat i mean either solid food or a shake]
    Calculate how many calories you're getting now each day,and add on another 500cals to that.Thats your new calorific intake,stick at that level untill you stop gaining,and then simply add on another 500cals to start gaining again.Make sure you meals are balanced,ie each should contain quality protein,complex carbs and healthy fats.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

All the above posts are spot-on. Your gains have slowed because your metabolic requirements have gone up (muscle mass requires energy to maintain), and you are probably training harder now to as you get accustomed to the weights.

If you can, I highly suggest making your own weight gainers and dropping the pre-made ones that use sugars like Maltodextrin, Dextrose, etc. For carbs, try milk, oats, bananas, etc. For healthy fats, Coconut oil, Peanut Butter, etc. Then get any type of protein you want, I prefer slow release except around workouts, but it's your call. Whey is cheap and works well.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.
    Answers

all the weight you gained is quality weight? Congrats then!

I'd add more calories around the "windows of opportunity" as I call them at least.

in order of importance IMO, post-workout, breakfast, and pre-workout. why? I personally have noticed that when I add calories to the other meals of the day, I feel bloated, even if all the food was clean. Some people said add 500 calories.. so adding 200 post-workout, 200 for breakfast, and 100 pre-workout may be a good idea.

if you need to add again you may have to add across all meals, less your window meals become way too out of proportion.

goodluck!
  8. New Member
    Answers

Okay and what if I just can't eat more? Should I take a break or something???
  9. New Member
    Answers

Adding another 500cals a day to your intake is not difficult,read thru the above posts again and you'll see a few ideas there.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.
    Answers

As every1 else has already said, you have to eat more. Add more total calories in the day. As you grow, your body needs more food to keep growing. If you keep eating for a 175lb body, then you'll stay at a 175lb body.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.
    Answers

Dude you can eat more. Another 500 Calories isn't that tough. Have an extra weight gainer, an extra meal, or add a little bit more to every meal, and you're there. Say you have 1cup of brown rice per meal for every meal. Add 1/4 cup more to all your meals. It'll add up.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Answers

ya man 500 cals is nothing just eat a lil here and there and itll work you'll see, but as far as training dont stop training cuz you cant eat any more dude. still keep lifting and just eat and rest and you'll get there
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. wondering
    By hog928 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
  2. Ok, just wondering?????
    By jp17815 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
  3. Wondering if I am doing too much
    By aidancolin in forum Training Forum