staying in a anabolic state when sleeping

  1. staying in a anabolic state when sleeping


    i hear when u sleep u go into a catabolic state which isnt good is there anyway to be at a anabolic state during sleeping


  2. ya.. slurp down a slow processing protein pre-bedtime... i like ultra peptide... or u can eat something... if i dont feel like a shake ill have a cup of cottage cheese.

  3. I read this article the other day. Really good. I have been just eating a solid meal a few hours before bed but I kind of like the sound of this. John Berardi - Bedtime Story
    •   
       


  4. cottage cheese, broccoli, flax/natty pb/ or almonds is the way I like to go.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    cottage cheese, broccoli, flax/natty pb/ or almonds is the way I like to go.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post

    you know it. I bust that out and my friends think I am clinically insane.

  7. Some people make great gains and eat their last meal hours before bed.

    As a general principle, I'd say those who are thin and lower body fat can afford to eat an equal number of calories from casein protein and fat just before bed (remember, 4 cals per gram protein and 9 per gram fat).

    On the other hand, those who want to stave off fat gain should probably just consume 25-100 grams of casein just before bed. Personally I am gaining just fine right now with one scoop milk protein isolate before bed and a teaspoon of cod liver oil taken alongside.

    Just a matter of knowing how your body responds. Berardi works/has worked closely with Biotest in the past, and they produced some very alarming articles about "losing muscle while you sleep" in order to sell their overpriced casein blend that actually has a lot of whey added. Berardi is a great nutritionist, but I think he was also encouraged to play into the alarmist "Your body goes catabolic at night!" trend.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    Some people make great gains and eat their last meal hours before bed.

    As a general principle, I'd say those who are thin and lower body fat can afford to eat an equal number of calories from casein protein and fat just before bed (remember, 4 cals per gram protein and 9 per gram fat).

    On the other hand, those who want to stave off fat gain should probably just consume 25-100 grams of casein just before bed. Personally I am gaining just fine right now with one scoop milk protein isolate before bed and a teaspoon of cod liver oil taken alongside.

    Just a matter of knowing how your body responds. Berardi works/has worked closely with Biotest in the past, and they produced some very alarming articles about "losing muscle while you sleep" in order to sell their overpriced casein blend that actually has a lot of whey added. Berardi is a great nutritionist, but I think he was also encouraged to play into the alarmist "Your body goes catabolic at night!" trend.
    I'm not sure which side to pick right now. I think I might just keep doing what I'm doing. I've been eating a solid meal low in carbs,then my ZMK,and then bed for a few months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm obviously not loosing too much muscle overnight.

  9. I take in 40g of a mixed whey/casien protien shake before I fall asleep, seems to be doing well. I wake up with a lot more energy now than when I didn't take it.

    ~GX

  10. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I'm not sure which side to pick right now. I think I might just keep doing what I'm doing. I've been eating a solid meal low in carbs,then my ZMK,and then bed for a few months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm obviously not loosing too much muscle overnight.
    The hormonal benefits/gh benefits of fat intake prior to sleep is actually quite interesting, and the main reason I like to take it in with my final meal of the day.

  11. The ball is also starting to roll the other way; some people are now talking about the benefits of having a few carbs before bed. Better perceived sleep quality is one of the benefits.

  12. ZMA and cottage cheese baby!! i dont know if im crazy but when i wake up and eat breakfast i feel fuller, muscular speaking

  13. Chalk another vote up for Ultra peptide before bed.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  14. Quote Originally Posted by meatNcreatine View Post
    ZMA and cottage cheese baby!! i dont know if im crazy but when i wake up and eat breakfast i feel fuller, muscular speaking
    ZMA should not be taken with calcium so check your cottage cheese . . . http://www.cassclay.com/ccheese_nut.html

  15. lol isnt cottage cheese basically milk

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfWeight View Post
    lol isnt cottage cheese basically milk
    That's why I stopped taking ZMA. I wasn't getting much effect if any so it wasn't worth planning my entire frigging night around it, especially since I find milk protein before bed fairly effective.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    That's why I stopped taking ZMA. I wasn't getting much effect if any so it wasn't worth planning my entire frigging night around it, especially since I find milk protein before bed fairly effective.

    i feel ya

  18. Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
    That's why I stopped taking ZMA. I wasn't getting much effect if any so it wasn't worth planning my entire frigging night around it, especially since I find milk protein before bed fairly effective.
    The complete milk dairy isolate from True protein has no calcium in it.

    That way you could have the best of both worlds.

  19. I like some cottage cheese/ Ultra Peptide before bed + coconut oil. When trying to cut though, I prefer an omelet about 60-90 minutes pre-bed.

  20. right now im eating cottage cheese some almonds and a teaspoon of flax oil this is literally like 20-30 mins before bed

  21. Casein shake + Natty PB + 1g CLA 1.5hrs before bed, ZMA just before bed.

  22. gotta get that casein + whey. You only need you amino levels about 25% above baseline to keep from going catabolic. 30g casein can do this.

    add 30 g whey for one more anabolic boost before bed.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM
  2. staying anabolic
    By quakebks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:25 AM
  3. staying anabolic
    By quakebks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
  4. Anabolic Diet and Staying Out of Ketosis
    By RobInKuwait in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
  5. BPS gets into an Anabolic State w/ X-Factor and Mass FX!
    By Big Poppa S in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Log in
Log in