Bulking and Supps--- Advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%

Bulking and Supps--- Advice

Sup guys this is my first day on this site thingy and i love it.. I weigh 240 6'1 and i play Linebacker at this NAIA school in Oklahoma and i love bodybuilding.. Need some advice.. i want to get up to 260 for bulking and i was thinking of getting M-Drol but i was wondering if i can take that with creatine to increase my gains.
    My diet is prob gonna be getting in 6,000 cals a day and 353g of protein and try to eat clean..
    Can i get some advice on everything.. I'm New at this BULKING thing..

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I could try and summarize everything here, but honestly the best advice I can give you is to familiarize yourself with the search feature. Try topics like "Bulking advice, tips, info, suggestions" and just READ. There are many great discussions on people in very similar situations.

After doing that, if you have a specific question, post it up here. I suggest reading John Berardi - Articles , specifically in Nutrition, the John Berardi - Massive Eating Reloaded, Part I and John Berardi - Massive Eating Reloaded, Part II .

edit : somehow I missed the comment about M-Drol and thought it was a straight bulk Q. What's your training experience like? At only 18, I think you should just up your cals, add creatine as a staple and put some time into learning how to eat/train properly.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

first off, you're 18. you should not mess with prohormones at your age, especially something as harsh as m-drol. 240 pounds and trying to gain 20 pounds? that should be easy - adding 10% more mass to you isn't rocket science. eat, gym, sleep. no smoking, no drinking. eat every hour, even something small. add eggs to your diet - up to a dozen per day. compound exercises. you can do it without supps at your age. please don't consider steroids until you get out of college.

Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%

Well i have done t bomb and p6 i just want to get huge.. says M-drol is the stuff..
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleFreak45 View Post
    Well i have done t bomb and p6 i just want to get huge.. says M-drol is the stuff..
    M-Drol will of course work, the question is, is it appropriate/necessary? From what I've read, at his point I would say no.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    M-Drol will of course work, the question is, is it appropriate/necessary? From what I've read, at his point I would say no.

What do you mean is it necessary?
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%

You can get massive gains just by eating right and training hard because your levels of testosterone are naturally high. Once you've trained for several years and your natural gains start to slow, then you can consider PH's. That's why alot of people don't recommend them until you're 24+. But nobody likes being told they're not ready for something yet. I would say dial in your diet and training first, and you should see some good results.

You can put alot of muscle on without any PH's. Just eat a ton, and work out hard. Testosterone; You've got it in you naturally
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

basically, the way prohormones work, is they convert in the body into steroids. since they're stronger than your natural testosterone output, your body shuts down its testosterone production. this is where PCT comes in - to return test production to normal. the problem is, at your age, when your testosterone is still stabilizing, you can PERMANENTLY decrease your base testosterone amount, making all the gains the rest of your life more difficult. test is also related to sex drive, so you don't really want your base test to drop permanently.

its your call though. personally i like the ladies too much to risk that...
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    basically, the way prohormones work, is they convert in the body into steroids. since they're stronger than your natural testosterone output, your body shuts down its testosterone production. this is where PCT comes in - to return test production to normal. the problem is, at your age, when your testosterone is still stabilizing, you can PERMANENTLY decrease your base testosterone amount, making all the gains the rest of your life more difficult. test is also related to sex drive, so you don't really want your base test to drop permanently.

its your call though. personally i like the ladies too much to risk that...
    i love the ladies bra.. lol.. good call.. thanks man.. so what about test boosters... what supps do i need to get to 260. im tryin to clean bulk
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.52%

what supps do i need to get to 260. im tryin to clean bulk
    Food!

You need to take in more calories then is needed to maintain your current size. Once you know how many you need split them up among Carbs/Protein/Fat (many like 40/40/20 split)

Truth is your food intake is the single strongest thing you can do to increase size. No supplement out there is as strong as a good diet to include Steriods/PH. IE if your diet is crap and you take them your chances of good gains are greatly lowered.

Supplements should be used as a way of getting what you naturally can't get. So if your keeping track of your food intake and find you need 50g's more protein a day but don't want to eat anymore then add in a protein shake.

If you want some good extra supps to take look into Pre-work out supps get you really going in the gym. Test boosters are nice but at 18 as everyone has told you, your test is naturally high already IMO it would be a waste of money.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%

basics brotha. creatine and protein. you can also really jumpstart your gains by doing a preworkout shake that has 25g of protein, 50g of carbs, 1 tbsp of peanut butter. do that post workout too, and you'll notice a difference.
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

agree with the above. You could possibly use something like AP or pslin to help with your bodies management of carbs. It will also help with keeping fat gain to a minimum while helping you add quality LBM.

Other then that eat a lot of steaks and creatine mono and BCAA's.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.72%

Listen to suncloud he knows his stuff !
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%

M-drol is a STEROID. AKA Illegal in college football.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.31%

eat eat and eat man i thought of takin m-drol but im already gaining very lil size here and there just by uping my cal amount man, its easy eat, sleep, gym, eat and do it all ova again day after day and you will get there!!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Exactly...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I dont think they test in NAIA...or do they? lol
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.32%

Quote Originally Posted by THEGEEZ View Post
    Listen to suncloud he knows his stuff !
    Exactly! I agree with everybody here too. Food is the only supplement you NEED. Whey,creatine,multi-vitmamin...just the basics.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

It is a banned substance if you are NAIA. I wouldnt recommend taking it. Creatine is also on you banned substance list. Be careful bro.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.46%

M-Drol isn't the route that you would want to go at that age. Just stick to the advise these knowledgeable people have already given you and be patient. Would you really want to do something that could possibly mess you up for the rest of your life? Also, you definitely don't just want to buy a bottle of this and take it. There is so much more to it than that.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best supps for PH cycle (bulking)
    By Doko in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 02:11 PM
  2. best supps on the market for bulking
    By cantstop19 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 08:38 AM
  3. best bulking supps
    By ThER6KinG in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7