Carbs for clean and controled bulk! -- Questions

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Alright,

I am looking to start a stack of Anabolic Pump, Blue Gene, and simple Creatine Gluconate (maybe even through is some JP8- not sure yet) but i have been cutting down for a long time. Went from about 268 to 197-200 in about 4-5 months. I am ready to gain now, but don't want to lose everything I have worked for in regards to my lean nature.

My question is, how much do I increase my carb in-take to take full advantage of AP? List below is my diet, please let me know what you think I should add, and where:

Meal 1-
Packet of Quaker, low sugar oatmeal
P-Shake: 30grams of protein, 4g BCAAs, 3g Beta Alanine

Meal 2-
1 Chicken breast
1/2 cup veg.

Meal 3-
1 Chicken breast
1/2 cup veg.

Meal 4-
1 Chicken breast
1/2 cup veg.

Preworkout shake:
30 grans Protein
12-15 grams carbs
4g BCAAs, 3g Beta Alanine

Postworkout Sake
30 grans Protein
12-15 grams carbs

Meal 5-
1-2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup veg

Midnight/2 AM Piss shake:
Night Protein mix- 30 grans Protein

Thanks!

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
if you want to keep your carbs for breakfast pre and post workout that fine but i would add a lot more because carbs give you the energy you need in the gym. look like your only eating about about 60 carbs a day which is to low on a bulk imo. you defin. need more post workout probably about 50 or 60 to refil your glycogen stores. probably about 30-40 carbs pre and about 50-60 for breakfast. your body needs the carbs for energy and growth. also were are your fats?, your body needs those to for hormone and other bodily functions.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
My advice would be to take AP 20 min. before meal 1 and up the oatmeal to 3 or 4 packets (I'd also suggest plain oats with a scoop of cinammon protein as opposed to packets). Then take your second dose before meal 4 and add 1/2 cup brown rice to the chicken and vegetables. Take your last dose immediately post-wo, wait 15-20 min, then take in your post-wo shake, and up the carbs in that shake to 40-50g (mix of complex and simple). Add some fats too (whole milk with meals, natural peanut butter, etc.).

Of course, if you haven't taken AP before, you'll need to see how you respond and make adjustments from there.

Personally I'd also add some creatine pre and post, and ditch the BCAAs unless you're using them Intra. BCAAs are much more effective during cutting. Lastly, you might want to think about diversifying your protein sources, perhaps by substituting some lean ground beef or tuna for chicken in one or two of your meals.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Where's the carbs?
I take AP and usually get in about 300g of carbs.
Whole wheat bread, oatmeal, fruits, veggies

As an aside, where's the fat?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Where's the carbs?
I take AP and usually get in about 300g of carbs.
Whole wheat bread, oatmeal, fruits, veggies

As an aside, where's the fat?
Exactly what I was thinking...I would definitely throw in some PB, almonds, olive oil, enova oil, or something in the mix.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly what I was thinking...I would definitely throw in some PB, almonds, olive oil, enova oil, or something in the mix.
Don't forget Unrefined Coconut Oil and Fish Oils!

To up your carbs, I would add about 40g of carbs to your Meal 4, about 60-90 mins pre0WO. Oatmeal, WW pasta, breads etc are all great choices.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont even want to see what you ate to cut haha, thats a great cutting diet but definetly not even a lean bulk