calorie intake?

beastmode2008

beastmode2008

Awards
I seem to fluxuate between 162 and 168 and I'm trying to get past that. my target weight is th 175-180 range. How many calories should I take in daily? Thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep. figure out what your body needs to maintain itself, then take in more. 500 calorie increments are as easy as adding 5 pieces of string cheese to your diet, or 5 tablespoons of peanut butter. 500 calories is so easy to add, you won't even realize the addition. spread it out in between your meals if possible for the best effect - it will help keep you anabolic longer.

basically, and you probably already know this, is your body can dig into itself to get energy from fat (fat cells) or carbs (liver or kidneys, i forget which). to get amino acids however, it leaches them from your muscles, making you slightly weaker when you have long periods of not eating. any source of protein added in at timely intervals will keep that from happening, which not only keeps you anabolic (building muscle), but it keeps you stronger.

i don't know your body type, i don't know how active you are, your age, and therefore if what your hormone levels are. i don't know if you have any medical conditions that i need to be aware of, so i will not try to guess how many calories you need. whatever you're eating is obviously not enough, so just add on to your diet.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
yep. figure out what your body needs to maintain itself, then take in more. 500 calorie increments are as easy as adding 5 pieces of string cheese to your diet, or 5 tablespoons of peanut butter. 500 calories is so easy to add, you won't even realize the addition. spread it out in between your meals if possible for the best effect - it will help keep you anabolic longer.

basically, and you probably already know this, is your body can dig into itself to get energy from fat (fat cells) or carbs (liver or kidneys, i forget which). to get amino acids however, it leaches them from your muscles, making you slightly weaker when you have long periods of not eating. any source of protein added in at timely intervals will keep that from happening, which not only keeps you anabolic (building muscle), but it keeps you stronger.

i don't know your body type, i don't know how active you are, your age, and therefore if what your hormone levels are. i don't know if you have any medical conditions that i need to be aware of, so i will not try to guess how many calories you need. whatever you're eating is obviously not enough, so just add on to your diet.
Once you've determined your caloric goal (X) I would recommend logging your food intake for at least 1 week. By the end of the week you should be able to sense what "X" amount of calories "feels" like to eat.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
of course this is purely to put on fat....you want to put that weight on quick go with it like this
you want to do it slower but pure muscle its going to be harder longer but more rewarding....move to a max hypertrophy WO routine to do it this way

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
of course this is purely to put on fat....you want to put that weight on quick go with it like this
you want to do it slower but pure muscle its going to be harder longer but more rewarding....move to a max hypertrophy WO routine to do it this way
what???

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
was talking about what the 3 guys before my post were talking about....how just increasing his caloric intake would put on the weight.