skin and bones .sort of.

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
first things first...... right now, im trying to bulk up, gain some weight and extra muscle. im teetering on the scale from 140 to 148 up and down every day (i think due to water loss). i went to the GNC store the other day and bought two things; NitroTech HardCore and Amplified Creatine189. The thing is, is that I dont know if i should stack'em or take one at a time. I tried stacking them and had no exercise energy when i did. im barely seeing a result and i dont know what to do. got any suggestions?? weight gainer? protein shake? Carbo load? i came here because i wanted some info and heard you guys have got alot of good ideas. help a brother out.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Stack them and increase your calorie and protein intake.

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
yer i agree with rob but you need to give more info to star off!!!?

age, experiance training, previous supps, diet, training.

will give us a better idea of what you need to do.

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
20, boxing/sports,football soccer baseball bicycling snowboarding. i used to weight train at school. now i work out everyday. im 5'10 140 pounds right now. have tried muscle milk just getting off nitrotech. starting creatine and Extend. eating 2500/3000 calories trying to get up 3500/5000 skinny body small stomach.lol im not that skinny. work out constantly body weight and and endurance... no cardio.... i just pulled my left bicep and its been hurting for the past couple of days. trying to recover.

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
good stuff lol!! how did you get on with your previous supps and what does your training consist of? is it basic 3 x 10 etc...

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
sorry about the sig on the last message my mate is a funnt twat like that lol!!!!

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
At your size you need to eat approximately 2,600 calories to MAINTAIN your current bodyweight (read: maintenance calories). To gain weight you're going to need to eat over 2,600 calories. Shoot for at least 250-500 calories daily more than this to incorporate any extra activities you do.

Also, for every pound of weight you gain you're going to need to take in MORE food (read: your maintenance calorie requirement increases with bodyweight).

So, for example
140 lbs - 2,597 cal maintenance
141 lbs - 2,606 cal maintenance
145 lbs - 2,645 cal maintenance
150 lbs - 2,693 cal maintenance

You see, a 10 lb increase in weight is almost 100 calories more needed to maintain the new weight... roughly 10 cals more per lb at your size.

What i'm getting at - you need to increase your food intake as you grow.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
if your working out everyday your likely to be over training. train less like 4 times a week and do more compound execises like bench/deadlift/squats. Eat like a champion

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
first things first. stay away from GNC. they make commissions on products and don't usually sell you what you really need. stick to the basics - carbs, protein, healthy fat. 5'11" 140 you have tons of room to put on muscle naturally, so don't bother with supplements other than creatine, protein, and carbs. take your protein and carbs pre and post workout - i go for 100g of carbs and 40g of protein. take your creatine as directed. eat more, and eat more often. i'm guessing at your weight you're at 3 big meals a day, when you should be at 5 smaller meals a day. incorporate healthy fats (peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil, avacados) and cholesterol, as they are the building blocks of testosterone. if i'm right and you are at 3 big meals a day, and odds are your sodium intake is too high. remember, we are like everything else that grows - roses, marijuana, citrus trees - mess with our PH balance, and we don't grow properly. also, if you're trying to bulk, and you're not gaining weight, you're probably not doing squats and deadlifts. thats all i got for you. good luck brotha. there's a more in depth read at:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

liamrowe

liamrowe

Awards
true, i would say that the basics, protein and creatine, should do you for now. if your diet is good then you should not really need to supplement untill you realch a natural plateau. start incorperating compound exercises squats, deadlifts etc... these will involve larger amouts of muscle groups amd will give your training a boost!!!! keep us posted man and have fun!!!

vinny32

Awards
first of, how old are you, i ask you this question because age plays a large role in your current metabolism. Under 21 metabolism and growth high. After 21 start slowing down. Tell us a little about your father is he skinny your metabolism and frame(endomorph,mesomorph etc) will be based largely on his genetics. if he is skinny now then it might be a little harder. Also what do you eat and when. your diet. this plays a large role in weight gain. What about cardio if you do cardio this hinders weight gain. The equation for weight gain in simple. The total calories you take in must exceed what you burn in a day. so please answer some of these questions so we can better help

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
5'11 and 140 would make him an ecto. my g/f's brother is 5'11 and 143 and he naturally cruises at 8% body fat. there's no way at 140 lbs he could be anything else (i think).

vinny32

Awards
5'11 and 140 would make him an ecto. my g/f's brother is 5'11 and 143 and he naturally cruises at 8% body fat. there's no way at 140 lbs he could be anything else (i think).
in theory this is not necessarily true, my whole understanding of the ecto endo etc concept is that it is based on frame structure more than weight , anyway i had a good friend some years ago who only had one leg was well built but his weght was not proportional because he was missing a leg. not the case here though of course

bandit619

bandit619

Awards
in theory this is not necessarily true, my whole understanding of the ecto endo etc concept is that it is based on frame structure more than weight , anyway i had a good friend some years ago who only had one leg was well built but his weght was not proportional because he was missing a leg. not the case here though of course
LOL i have plenty of room!! gone up 10 pounds already. working out everyday. no cardio just endurance. 5 meals a day+snacks. 5,000+calories.