Another "How To" Bulk Thread

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Brendan Gilliam, a trainer in the crossfit program, is rumored to have gained 28lbs in a month on the zone diet + 1 gallon of milk a day. I wouldn't call him fat either

    Not possible unless maybe he starved himself for 6 months so he could intentionally add it all back very quickly and claim greatness.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Not possible unless maybe he starved himself for 6 months so he could intentionally add it all back very quickly and claim greatness.
    I respect your opinion, but there's not many people around who can really do the 1 gallon per day and stick to it for any length of time. Perhaps it does work that well
    •   
       


  3. Milk is definitely one of the easiest tools to use if you want to add size. At my biggest I was drinking 1-1.5 gallons of milk (it was skim though). Never tried the whole milk route.

    I think if your a hardgainer then this is something you should look into. But if not is probably not absolutely necessary.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  4. 1 gal of milk + 1 gal of water = lots of time in the bathroom.
    SFW and GFH

  5. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I wouldn't cut out milk just because of the sugar. I'm pretty sure that the sugar in milk is lactase and it doesn't react in your body the same way dextrose or sucrose does. (Feel free to correct me but I think that's right.)it!
    Yeah, milk sugar is lactose, which is a glucose bound to a galactose - it is pretty low glycemically, as it takes the body a fair amount of time to process that particular disaccharide.

    Also, RR, I friggin' love your bulking threads - Their like everything I ever tell people about gaining size in a nutshell. Well done.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Also, RR, I friggin' love your bulking threads - Their like everything I ever tell people about gaining size in a nutshell. Well done.
    Thank you sir! :clean:

  7. i could easy do a gallon of milk a day, but then i'd have no time to drink a gallon of water

    if i didn't have a fulltime job i'd give it a try. Doing half a gallon a day at the moment, easy way to add some cals on
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Yeah, milk sugar is lactose, which is a glucose bound to a galactose - it is pretty low glycemically, as it takes the body a fair amount of time to process that particular disaccharide.
    Ah yes,lactose. That is some good info! Thanks

  9. i also like your bulking thread RR. i may switch over vitamins to triad. i'm currently on AST multi-pro, and its the only vitamin i can "feel". of course, the only other vitamins i've ever done were "one a day" which i couldn't tell anything from, and flinstones, which taste great....

    have you ever tried AST multi-pro, and would you recommend triad over it? thanks in advance brotha.

    i also did a bulking thread, but like a schmuck i put it in the training forum. in retrospect it was probably better since most newbies ask bulking questions in the training forum anyways.

    funny thing about gaining mass is its all about what your body can handle. whole milk will make some people fat. me, i can't get enough of it - i used to drink 1 liter of 1/2 and 1/2 a day, and i never broke 11% bf. i think the milk idea is great, because its all about nutrient timing, and drinking protein thats slow digesting throughout the day is great advice for anyone. for similar reasons i've always been an advocate for two things -
    1: string cheese, which like milk has casein, and also cholesterol (easily transportable too)
    2: peanut butter for the mono fat and protein.

    Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)

  10. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i also like your bulking thread RR. i may switch over vitamins to triad. i'm currently on AST multi-pro, and its the only vitamin i can "feel". of course, the only other vitamins i've ever done were "one a day" which i couldn't tell anything from, and flinstones, which taste great....

    have you ever tried AST multi-pro, and would you recommend triad over it? thanks in advance brotha.

    i also did a bulking thread, but like a schmuck i put it in the training forum. in retrospect it was probably better since most newbies ask bulking questions in the training forum anyways.

    funny thing about gaining mass is its all about what your body can handle. whole milk will make some people fat. me, i can't get enough of it - i used to drink 1 liter of 1/2 and 1/2 a day, and i never broke 11% bf. i think the milk idea is great, because its all about nutrient timing, and drinking protein thats slow digesting throughout the day is great advice for anyone. for similar reasons i've always been an advocate for two things -
    1: string cheese, which like milk has casein, and also cholesterol (easily transportable too)
    2: peanut butter for the mono fat and protein.

    Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)
    Great post!!! Thank you! I can't say I've tried AST vits before. Wow 1/2 and 1/2??? i've never thought of doing that

  11. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i also like your bulking thread RR. i may switch over vitamins to triad. i'm currently on AST multi-pro, and its the only vitamin i can "feel". of course, the only other vitamins i've ever done were "one a day" which i couldn't tell anything from, and flinstones, which taste great....

    have you ever tried AST multi-pro, and would you recommend triad over it? thanks in advance brotha.

    i also did a bulking thread, but like a schmuck i put it in the training forum. in retrospect it was probably better since most newbies ask bulking questions in the training forum anyways.

    funny thing about gaining mass is its all about what your body can handle. whole milk will make some people fat. me, i can't get enough of it - i used to drink 1 liter of 1/2 and 1/2 a day, and i never broke 11% bf. i think the milk idea is great, because its all about nutrient timing, and drinking protein thats slow digesting throughout the day is great advice for anyone. for similar reasons i've always been an advocate for two things -
    1: string cheese, which like milk has casein, and also cholesterol (easily transportable too)
    2: peanut butter for the mono fat and protein.

    Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell)
    i use to drink a little half and half on the anabolic diet haha i love it too, just straight up mmm

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    I'm lactose intolerant. You wouldn't want to be around me after a gallon of milk
    I'm terribly intolerant to Milk, especially Whole Milk. A glass of it used to have me on the toilet all night! I take CVS Brand "Lactase" pills before I consume Milk now, and I'm not bothered by Lactose at all anymore. Might be worth a shot!

  13. i did that whole gallon on milk..if i remember correctly it was 2%. I gained some size but also noticed way too much fat gain. But it did get me to my heaviest.

    Im about to bulk it up again...almost healed from my surgery..im going to drink 1/2 gallon 1% i think

  14. yea i got alot from this thread starting to drink lots of milk
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. how to dose bulk super Cissus Rx?
    By jamo30 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. how to dose bulk powerfull?
    By warbird01 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 03:28 AM
  3. how to take bulk powders
    By randy6969 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
  4. How to measure bulk bcaa's from nutraplanet
    By JDF in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 06:55 PM
  5. How to measure BULK HMB
    By bigblank69 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Log in
Log in