bulking up....

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Hello my friends....I will be getting married to my beautiful Fiance on December 20,2008 ( I believe I am ready and making the right choice. lol. jk)

I want to look my best for this specail day when family comes in and most of all for myself. I have been lifting hard since Feb. I weigh 145 lbs (I am a hard gainer). I am currently taking Anabolic pump 3 times a day. Morning, Lunch and Dinner along with WMS 15 minutes later. I am also taking potein shakes 3 times a day.

The best time for me to workout is at 5am. Right when I wake up, I consume AP (1 pill), 15 mins later I take two big scoops of WMS, then about 30 mins later I hit the Fitness center. I am also taking creatine. I have been on these supplements for a bout a week and a half.

My body looks in shape but there is no bulky (does that make sense). I have a flat stomach and a decent chest but with a shirt on, I look pretty slim.

I do the basic lifts to gain weight. Bench (not incline due to pain in the shoulder) squats, butterflys, curls (preachers, half curls and etc). tris and back. I do four sets of 10 increasing weight every set.

As far a my diet. I try not to eat to much junk food. I eat healthy. I try not too eat fast food meals or fried stuff. I do have my main three meals a day. Some times its hard to get breakfast after workout because I have to head on to work but when that occurs I consume 2 more scoops of WMS.

I am 25 years old.
I do not know my body fat.
I weigh 145 pounds.

Any advise or thoughts on what to change, I would greatly appreciate it. Please help me so that I can look great come December. Thank you guys. I look forward in what you all have to say.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 145lbs, rule #1 for you is: EAT! Now, my suggestion is use the search function here on the forum and do some research on bulking diets - RenegadeRows just started a thread that would work great for a hardgainer.
Also - WMS 3 times a day is a LOT of glycemic loading - I would quit it and save WMS for post- or intra- workout. Keep that up and, dependant upon the rest of your diet, you could develop insulin issues.
I just got married myself and went through a similar crucible, except I cut from 11% BF to 5% - nothing motivates like a looming honeymoon, right? :)

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro. I should consume protein shake before workout?

I will check out the link. I appreciate it.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
At 145lbs, rule #1 for you is: EAT! Now, my suggestion is use the search function here on the forum and do some research on bulking diets - RenegadeRows just started a thread that would work great for a hardgainer.
Also - WMS 3 times a day is a LOT of glycemic loading - I would quit it and save WMS for post- or intra- workout. Keep that up and, dependant upon the rest of your diet, you could develop insulin issues.
I just got married myself and went through a similar crucible, except I cut from 11% BF to 5% - nothing motivates like a looming honeymoon, right? :)

Thanks bro. So I should only take WMS once a day and thats after work out? Congrates on your marriage. I am looking forward to the Big day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
WMS is not the best thing to take pre workout, but its better than nothing. since you wake up, then hit the gym (without breakfast) i would still do WMS plus some protein pre and post workout, then go home and eat some breakfast.

the problem with WMS is that it spikes your insulin levels really fast - which is great post workout, but not really good at any other time. though, if you are taking that shake, then hitting the gym within 5 minutes, you'll burn those carbs off, and you'd probably crash mid workout without it. if WMS is the only thing you can do in the morning, add it to protein, and drink it 15 minutes pre workout (based on how quick WMS hits your system). put it in a cup, and drink it when your 15 minutes away.

that being said, if you could change the timing of your workout, i'd eat breakfast first (a real one), then work out.

if you can't change that, don't worry about it - its not that big of a deal, though it will provide more energy to you for your workouts, so you can lift more.

one thing i will say though, is if you are in a rush after the gym, try adding in two boiled eggs (make them the night before if needed) and eat them on the way to work. cholesterol is your friend. there's no substitute for a good breakfast.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can split up your WMS into two servings - one that begins shortly before your workout and extends throughout lifting - the other post-workout. Both times you have it, you should have protein powder with it.

Suncloud, you have hit the nail on the head - good advice, I just prefer my pre-workout drinks to extend through workout, but I won't make much difference. The egg idea would really be beneficial - working out without a good breakfast really makes things harder for one's body.