Bulking Workouts - the best ones

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm trying to slowly get into it all again and im trying to come up with an effective 3 or 4 day split (i have saturdays, mondays, tuesdays and fridays available)

now i want to know what in you guys opinions are the BEST compound workouts for gaining mass such as squats, deadlifts, etc for the major body parts

im wanting to do preferably a 4 day split on those days suggested up there so ill workout which days go what body part (legs and back will have their own days as they will kill me the most), and then arms/shoulders/chest will have to go in the remaining 2 days with what i think is most effective combination

anyway if you guys can suggest for me the best workouts for any of those - legs - chest - shoulders - arms - chest it would be appreciated, and in your opinions what style of workouts work best ie 2 workouts per body part (like biceps or triceps or calves v thighs) or 3 workouts per body part... and if so... how many sets per workout? Im thinking 2-3 workouts per body part depending on time available (dont wana go over 1hr15mins in gym) each being 3x6-10 reps roughly

so far ive got these workouts for size

back: deadlifts, bent over rows (looking for another 1 or 2 effective workouts for upper back)

chest: incline bb/db benching and flat bb bench

arms: pullups for biceps followed by bb bicep curls - skull crushes for tris (need more there prob...)

shoulders: shrugs... shoulder extensions/flyes of some sort or military press i think it was

legs: squats followed by 45 degree leg press to kill them off - for calves im thinking seated raises then standing raises...

anything other workouts will be helpful - i want the best ones for overall size

thx!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't do a split like that. Look into Rippetoe's starting strength or westside barbell

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
why not?

where do i find this riptoes ss and the other one? cant see much on google

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
Doggcrapp.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
ok ive been reading around a bit mainly on the riptoes workout

even tho its aimed at pretty much anyone and experienced lifters claimed to have tried it and had success ive read in a few places it is mainly for "total noobs" or full ectos (im 6ft 175lbs roughly so not really a total ecto)

i used to lift a bit a while back im not thin but im not considered muscly... so im not 100% sure on it even though i really like the look of it... the one thing that bothers me about riptoes workout is the first one for the week is squat - bench - deadlift - in my opinion ive got a kinda disproportional chest (thin arms and never really done my upper back - i benched when i was like 16 i didnt know much)... so im not too keen on doing that a lot without a whole lot more for the shoulders/arms/upper back if u get what im saying? ie why with the workout plan i came up with i wanted bent over rows, etc to even me out

the reason i also say this is cause i read "more experienced lifters might find squatting 3x a week such low reps heavy weights to be overtraining" ...depends what you consider experienced im nothing special but atm i do 180lbs 3x10 comfortably all the way to where my thighs are horizontal with the ground so im wondering if i should do this workout or something slightly different

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
westside barbell is not for noobs. its for intermediate and advanced lifters.

the 1bodypart per day split has never worked well for me

and rippetoe is aimed at new lifters because your supposed to add weight every session, but anyone will agree that squatting 3x per week will add mass to anyone

iamgreat187

iamgreat187

Awards
this is what i do and ive put on size in a month.do 4 sets one starting off light and work your way up to max weight.go in every other day you body needs rest.

mon....back,bis,hams, and calfs
tues...off
wed....chest tris quads,

ecercises for back deadlift,bentovers,bent over cable laters,upright rows.
chest regular bench superset with flys,then do incline fyles then just do cables to burn out.