Preventing stretch marks?

distinct

distinct

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm not a very big guy (5' 10" 180 lbs 11-12% bf) but I used to be a marginally overweight 225 lbs about 8 years ago. I dropped to 150 lbs when I switch sports to cycling and after I lost all the weight I noticed I had some major stretch marks on my biceps, under my armpits and on my "love handles". Well that's done and over with and I've gotten used to them. I've steadily increased LBM for the past 5 years now, reaching 180 this past winter.

I must admit I just last month started back into serious heavy weight training after a 3 stint of only working out randomly, but have been putting in a lot more hard work then ever before, taking it way more seriously. Lo and behold I woke up this morning with what looks like a very small new stretch mark on my left bi! I'm not even overweight in the slightest. WTF? How can I prevent more of these? I guess I just have crappy skin elasticity.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely encourage you to throw up an application for our stretch mark/Skin care products.

Even if not selected, i still suggest you check out our Java Lather/Flawless combo. Available at Nutraplanet! :)

If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to PM me.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Pregnant women swear by Cocoa butter lotion. My wife use to slather her belly with the stuff and she has no stretch marks.

bigirish4life

Awards
Cocoa butter got the strtch marks off my biceps and pecs

frozencore12

Awards
I brewed up my own cream for this purpose, the only problem is i forget to use it. i've tried cocoa butter in the past and zilch, vit E --worse.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I've got a stretch mark on my bicep too :( I've been using Java lather the last month or so, it’s cleaned my skin up a lot. Just waiting for my flawless cream that'll be in my next NP order :)

I guess it depends on your genetics as well. I know people who've lost weight and got loads of stretch marks. Also one of my m8s mum had 7 kids, never had any stretch marks what so ever! And she’s a size 6!

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
I don't think it's possible to avoid stretchmarks unless you just make sure that you don't gain or lose any weight, whether it's muscle or fat.

Check out RPN's Flawless and Java Lather. I have yet to try Flawless, but hear great things about it. Java, on the other hand, I have tried and it has done wonders for my skin.