I need help with chest

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
I posted on here, last week, about taking Methyl 1 T, and everyone came down on me like I was lookling to kill puppies in front of little children. Due to that, I have decided to forget about the methyl, and search out something else, like haladrol or something. With that said, I have gotten advice from others, but now I would like some from you. I am going on vacation for a month, and I will have free weights, (just varing wieghts of dumbells) at my disposal. I am having problems getting my up pecs to grow.

Any thoughts?

Johnny

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
1. do inclines
2. don't lock elbows out
3. static holds (almost at lockout)

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
What about push-ups? WHich would be the best?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if your feet are on a chair maybe. i don't think they'd hit the upper chest without that.

the only reason people told you to stay away from M1T is because of the amount of training time you've had. there's no reason to use that compound (or any other PH like halodrol) if you're still growing. its a waste of money, and with no PCT in place, madness to try. if you're going to do a PH regardless of what we say, H-drol is probably one of the mildest. but please god, look up PCT - gyno is no joke.

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
No, I understand. I know about PCT: milk thistle, liv52, clomid, and nova...looked into all that. I'm looking to grow in size, not height, if thats what you mean. I wish I could still grow at 29. LOL. I'm sure we all do. But, as I said, I wanna work on my upper chest more, and I'm gonna be away, so I gotta see what I'm gonna do. Also, I gotta see what else I'm gonna take to help me put on size. Last resource would be pins, but... That's why Halodrol was mentioned

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yeah. if you're mind is made up, than we can steer you in the right direction. by growing i mean you haven't hit a plateau yet as far as gaining weight or going up in strength. if you have, its diet related. you should use a PH to break a plateau that you can't budge. if a plateau can be fixed by diet alone, theres no reason to take a PH - for two reasons.
1 - diet is one of the most important things you can do to gain weight.
2 - if your diet is off, how will you keep the gains when your testosterone is supressed after a cycle?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

make sure your diet is dead on, you're doing the right exercises, and you will grow. period.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
push-ups great idea

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I used to work out my chest like crazy. I tried everything and couldn't get it grow. Havoc solved that problem real quick like.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I used to work out my chest like crazy. I tried everything and couldn't get it grow. Havoc solved that problem real quick like.
bleh. weren't you the one telling him not to do M1T in his last post?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
bleh. weren't you the one telling him not to do M1T in his last post?
Did I make any mention or recommendation to him about taking Havoc? I don't really think I was insinuating, either. Maybe it came off that way, though. Besides, M1t and Havoc aren't even in the same ballpark.

Edit: After re reading this thread I see why it came off that way. I skipped over all your guy's talk about steroids and posted my own personal comment. Muh bad! Didn't realize it was the same guy either.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
true dat. i hear M1T is a nightmare. i just read distilled water's log of it. not for beginners thats for sure.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tri-sets worked for me.

bench-fly-bench 10,10,10 at pace with good form - 2 sets flat, 2 sets inclined. 2 minutes rest.

Light on the flys, important you can finish all reps.

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
Thanks everyone. OK, Same guy Rugger, LOL. But seriously, when I work out my chest, my tris get the brunt of it. I've used free weights, and machines, even a Bowflex. I've tried alternative grips and everything. I don't understand. When I'm done with any chest, my tris are tight. I even started doing 300 push ups a day, every day of the week to make my chest stronger. Well, almost every day, cause it needs rest.
Havoc? Really? Don't worry, no M1T

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
Also, people have been telling me Sizeon and Superpump250. Good or no? If so, can I take one pre, and one during workouts, with cytogainer post?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
If your triceps are getting most of the work you need to fix your form and work on mind-muscle connection. I was the same way and I've got the triceps to prove it. This may sound gay, but when you're doing DB press, imagine a rainbow hanging over you. You want the travel of the DB to follow the band of that rainbow, on the curved path and really feel your pecs contracting to bring the weight together.

Another explanation is imaging a dowel stuck through your dumbells connecting to two. You must move your hands (and the bar) up and together evenly, and again focusing on the mind muscle connection and really working to contract and squeeze your pecs to bring the weight forward and together.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
What worked for me when I was havin trouble on gettin my chest growin was changin my routine. My normal routine (I'll keep it simple) was generally 3 sets of 8 reps. First I wanted to develop some more muscle endurance so I switched over to a pyramid ( 15,12,10,8) increasing in wieght as much as possible. After a couple of weeks I switch to a modified 5x5 (5 sets of 5 reps) with heavy negatives after each set. This routine was great on increaseing strength and mass. In a month i had raised my bench around 20 pounds, all natural.

tattoopierced1

hit your chest from various angles.. use different angle inclines, and declines. Dont lock out to keep constant pressure on your chest, and make sure you are pushing with your chest and not your delts.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
I had the same problem with chest. started to see improved development working in pushups 3 to 4 times a week. going to failure then repin out on my knees (girl style-like). that got me going. then i started a real bulk (not eat everything in sight - but a calculated, thought out bulk) and learned new training methods. If your tri's are failing work decline bench in. also (kinda wierd with tri issue but...) try a month or so of weighted dips...try to lean forward a bit when you lower yourself and squeeze it up to the top. it's all about patience, varying weight, angles, excercises, and most often forgetten time under pressure..try 2 sec's down and 2 sec's up one week..then 2 up 3 down...mix in a 1 up and 2 down every third week. all these things have worked for me. it takes time and you need to chart your progress so you remember what's going on and you''ll see your improvement. m2c...

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
OK,

So my chest workout has consisted of 4 sets of 30 reps of push ups, 4 sets 10 reps of flat bench, same for incline, and then same for flys. These are all performed using dumbells. I will not be able to hit the gym for a month, so this is what I am working with. How should I change it up. Should I start a 5x5 and add more weight? As I said, why tris are growing, even my shoulders feel it, but...

Also, besides pull ups and bent over rows, what can I do to increase the size of my lats. Again, only dumbells.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i think a lot of it is grip. and with dumbells, when you lower them past your chest and close to your body, your triceps do all the work. you can try either keeping your elbows and the weights far away from your body. another thing that worked for me is to bring the weights down until my elbows were at 90 degrees, then push back up. the wider the grip, the less triceps i find that i use. and no, you cannot start a 5x5 program on vacation, with no gym present.

johnegq22

johnegq22

Awards
OK, Thanks. This is what I basically what I want to know. With a pair of dumbells, what should I do for chest for the next 4 weeks? ALso, what about my lats?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
yeah, you definetly need a gym to go 5x5. Heavy is the way to go on that one.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
push-ups great idea
not really much opportunity for even growth though. What i did was do a set of 8 reps on a bench with multiple angles. Every set change it up one knotch till you hit the top knotch, then do it back all the way down again. That is what allowed my chest to grow when i got into a rut and what i would recommend. Also make sure you get proper form, that will help growth not just the weight

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not really much opportunity for even growth though. What i did was do a set of 8 reps on a bench with multiple angles. Every set change it up one knotch till you hit the top knotch, then do it back all the way down again. That is what allowed my chest to grow when i got into a rut and what i would recommend. Also make sure you get proper form, that will help growth not just the weight
I did these at the gym today and it kicked my a$$ :thumbsup:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I did these at the gym today and it kicked my a$$ :thumbsup:
its good stuff. anytime my chest starts to diminish or i feel i need growth thats what i do as well as supersets

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats the difference between supersets and drop sets?
Supersetting Ex:

Do exercise A then go directly to excercise B without any rest and complete. Once you do one set of A with B right after it that is a superset. Usually i do 6-10 reps per excercise per superset.

Dropset EX:

doing exercise A for one set till failure, followed by doing another set reducing weight.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
i just hit chest super hard. i do barbell flat incline DB one week then the next week the reverse. ill do those hammer strength machines also and cable flys. also, form is a big part (at least it is for me).

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
I think it's good to have the elbows "slightly" tucked. Too close and you're doing more triceps. Too far and you're doing more shoulders.