How too keep well earned gains...while sick!

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
I just went through a pretty productive and successful 3 lb. bulk. Lean mass was gained and appreciated, but unfortunately I got sick at the end. Any advice on keeping while this happens. I realize if I lift I will only get sicker, and eating is hard too. What do you guys propose?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
what kind of sickness do you have? because there is a differance in approach between a stomach virus and a cold and any other type

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
WTF is a 3 lb bulk? 3 lbs. is nothing. My weight fluctuates 5 lbs daily. A successful 3lb bulk is called eating a big ass burrito.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
If you've got some kind of cold or if you can't eat much i'd say protein shakes or home made shakes. double up on the multi vits maybe too and drink a load of water, thats what i'd do anyway. Also, moan to the gf about how ill i am :) Then she'd let me watch stargate all day long.

WTF is a 3 lb bulk? 3 lbs. is nothing. My weight fluctuates 5 lbs daily. A successful 3lb bulk is called eating a big ass burrito.

haha tell me about it. My weight is up and down like a kangaroo. I sometimes weigh myself before and after i pee or do a dump. I can easy lose 3 pounds doing a poop!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i've done mass gainer shakes when i couldn't eat and it worked OK. i haven't been sick for two years though. my secret is that when i start getting a cold i have either one of two symptoms:

1 - tickle in the back of my throat
2 - slightly runny nose

when that happens, i take a 500mg of vitamin C every 2 hours before i go to bed. i wake up and the cold is gone. prevention is better than suffering.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
when that happens, i take a 500mg of vitamin C every 2 hours before i go to bed. i wake up and the cold is gone. prevention is better than suffering.
good idea:thumbsup:

imma try it next time