Syntha-6

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A Sustained Release Ultra-Premium Protein Matrix Comprised Of (Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate [Milk] Rich In Alpha Lactalbumin, Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate [Milk] Rich In Whey Isolate Peptide Fractions, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Alpha And Beta Caseins And Caseinates [Milk], Milk Protein Isolate [Milk], Egg Albumin [Egg], Glutamine Peptides), Richmix Sunflower Powder Consisting Of (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate [Milk], Mono-Glycerides, Di-Glycerides, And Dipotassium Phosphate), Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, Litesse®II Polydextrose, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Nutrisperse MCT Powder Consisting Of (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Nonfat Dry Milk, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Silicon Dioxide), Ticalose® Cellulose Gum, Sucralose , Acesulfame Potassium, Lecithin [Soy], Aminogen®, Papain

That right there, yes, that one ingredient, stops me from using Syntha-6. I'm allergic to milk; not lactose, but some undetermined factor. Whey protein/casein/etcare fine, as is butter, but whey/milk/cheese/etc kill me.

What is the purpose of the nonfat milk powder? Lots of protein bars do that, too, add it in way down on the list for no apparent reason. I bet it would taste the same without it.

/rant :lol:

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I wondered about that, myself.

I figure it might be to boost the quality of the flavor when mixed w/ low-fat milk...but I'm just guessing.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Love the taste - but is there any reason why BSN don't/won't print the Glutamine or BCAA count per serve?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Lots of companies don't advertise how many aminos are in their proteins. You have to end up seeing it somewhere and read the label.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think the powdered milk is a texture ingredient more than anything else, it may add nutritional value, but i think it helps give a creamier shake in water.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I think the powdered milk is a texture ingredient more than anything else, it may add nutritional value, but i think it helps give a creamier shake in water.
We have a winner!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just tried a sample yesterday. Very tasty! But it has glutamine peptides in it and Im allergic..yet another protein shake i cant have:whiner:

Green Clone

Banned
Awards
Just tried a sample yesterday. Very tasty! But it has glutamine peptides in it and Im allergic..yet another protein shake i cant have:whiner:
Damn Metroba! Celiac disease and lactose intolerance? haha. That sucks man.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Metroba! Celiac disease and lactose intolerance? haha. That sucks man.
Im only lactose intolerant when I have been eating gluten/rye/barley. Lately Ive been gluten free so I can handle a lot more dairy.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
So far, I've tried their Cookies'n'Cream & their Strawberry.

Very good flavor, very thick & creamy, very satisfying to drink: even the strawberry (never my favorite flavor). For the volume of powder, the fat & carbs seem high, the protein seems low (WPC dominates), but I'm just squintin' @ the label...

Thanks to Stryder, his folks & BSN for the samples!!!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
fyi......syntha 6 is on sale at nutraplanet for $23.36

NP is running a sale on all BSN through the end of the month.
+ they are throwing in free BSN sampels to anyone who purchases any of their product.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I just tried the Syntha-6 Vanilla flavor mixed in 2 cups skim milk and it was beyond tasty! If the funds allow (which is more possible now than ever) I highly suggest picking a tub up. Personally I don't use a shake at night but every once and a while I will be strapped for time and use it for convenience. Highly cost effective that way and mighty tasty to boot.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Might have to try this out when I order my protein again..

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
I mix 1 scoop syntha 6, with one scoop isolate. Makes the protein ration higher, and makes shitty protein taste good. Syntha is by far the best tasting protein powder ever.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i ordered 2 jugs of syntha6 myself from the current sale.
you guys have me all excited to try it now!
i love trying different proteins on the market.
syntha6 profile doesn't look that bad. it's not like musclemilk.
it does have 13g carbs but 5g of fiber. only 2g sugar.
should be great to use post-workout.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i ordered 2 jugs of syntha6 myself from the current sale.
you guys have me all excited to try it now!
i love trying different proteins on the market.
syntha6 profile doesn't look that bad. it's not like musclemilk.
it does have 13g carbs but 5g of fiber. only 2g sugar.
should be great to use post-workout.
I've got the Chocolate , and it's not bad but I haven't mixed it with milk yet. I'm about to give that a go. But $23 for 30 servings is quite reasonable, so I think I might give the vanilla a go!
Steveo

Last edited:
OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It beats out Ultra Peptide on protein per serving as well as overall serving size (+6) and has a similar nutritional breakdown.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i think there is only 30 servings/container

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I mix 1 scoop syntha 6, with one scoop isolate. Makes the protein ration higher, and makes shitty protein taste good. Syntha is by far the best tasting protein powder ever.
thats exactly what i do, and at night one scoop syntha, one scoop casein.

Syntha is my preferred, it mixes and tastes very well, even in water regardless of flavor. i am also very lactose intolerant, and it does not affect me at all.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Syntha-6 is my "at work protein" I bought a bottle of it so I wouldn't run to buy food every 2 or 3 hours. It's tasty and has slow disolving proteins and a decent profile. Also, it is not too expensive. I just ran out, so I'll have to restock.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i just got my order and tried my first syntha shake.
i have to say it lives up to the hype you guys have been giving it.
very tasty!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
which flavor you using? I am a legit protein junkie and despite having roughly 10+ lbs of various brands and flavors I am thinking of picking up a tub.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'm the same way. i like to try every brand of protein imaginable.

i picked up mochaccino and chocolate. i've already tried them and they are both excellent.

i've never really cared for the fruity flavored whey.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Nice. Agreed on the fruit flavor. I stick with the core of Vanilla, Chocolate (and its cousins like C. Mint), Cookies and Cream, etc. I go out on limbs for tasty treats like Cinnamon bun or something but nothing fruit related.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I will say the cookies and cream is by far the best(well my favorite) flavor. You get those little chips that settle at the bottom it's really quite delicious!

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have now switched from MuscleMilk to this. Mochachinno is AWESOME! and I'm not even a coffee drinker. My Mom is even using it now and My wife who hates all protein powders loves it!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
IMO multiple brands make muscle milk unnecessary (Syntha-6 being one of them.)

I honestly don't have a problem drinking muscle milk because I am very big believer in adequate daily fat intake (for both bodily functions and its manipulation of quality hormones. granted not just from MM though lol). However if other brands taste as good if not better than MM that is fine by me since I can add my own fat sources/of higher quality.

blanblu

blanblu

Awards
i got a couple of samples of the banana flavored one and i absolutely loved them!

i also got a couple samples of the lean dessert whipped vanilla flavor and it was so damn good too...

cheers! :drunk:

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
The taste is the best out of any protein powder out there, no doubt about that. The negatives though is the price ($23.00) online and that they dont have it in a bigger container. I also would like to see more protein per serving. I did however get some really good results when I used it, seeing steady gains and quick recovery. Its worth a shot if you get it cheap enough (Chocoloate Peanut Butter is the way to go!)

tshaw024

Awards
Has anyone heard how much Soy is in Syntha-6? I know soy reduces testosterone but I wasn't sure how much this would affect a serving of Syntha-6. Help.... lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone heard how much Soy is in Syntha-6? I know soy reduces testosterone but I wasn't sure how much this would affect a serving of Syntha-6. Help.... lol
I have nothing to back this up, but I'm sure the amount of soy in syntha 6 vs. the mount that would decrease test is null.

tshaw024

Awards
I agree, I take 3 scoops in the morning and once about 1 o'clock rolls around I am stuck in the bathroom every 20 minutes for about 2 hours. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried eating whole foods before I take 3 scoops and I'm still bathroom bound. Any suggestions?

SVT01

Awards
kinda old thread....but i just started syntha-6 today and it does taste awesome(strawberry) but i found it almost too sweet to drink....tomorrow im gonna try a lil more milk than what the label says to use to maybe weaken the sweetness and maybe add something to the shake(natty pb or something).

i did have to go to the bathroom about 2 hours after i took it but it was probably that greasy pizza i ate right after i had my shake haha.