Tanning???

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
Does anyone out there have any ideas for how to tan if you are black. I'm not sure if I should use the same technique as a white guy, which I doubt because I have my own built in self tan! Hahahahaha, Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
See this is one of those questions that can be interesting. I'd think that if you need to be a bit darker then yes.

Interested to see the responses.

PS. I have no built in tan - down right pastey at times. :aargh:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I have found that it's not the duration of the tan, but rather the consistency in which you tan.

So for instance if you do 15 minutes in the bed every 5 days, versus 10 minutes in the bed every 2-3 days. The second option would result in a better/faster tan, with less chance of a burn. This is just from my experience. Also buy some tan accelerator cream.

I was going to use melanotan II to tan, of which I have 20 ML left, but I was getting spots/ moles from it.

tattoopierced1

i'll do a stand up tanning bed one day, and then a bronzer the next time i tan, and just switch back and forth. This has given me good color and keeps my white butt from burning in the summertime...

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
I was asking about african american skin guys, any ideas?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well you could try the Mystic Tans for the shows. They come in three different color levels. Since the color isn't permanent you could see how it reacts with your skin pigment?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone out there have any ideas for how to tan if you are black. I'm not sure if I should use the same technique as a white guy, which I doubt because I have my own built in self tan! Hahahahaha, Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated
You tan the same way anyone else would. When it comes to competing you can never be too dark. So unless you make Eddie Murphy look white, you could benefit from tanning.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You have come to the right place brother, I tan 8 weeks for 5 days a week...

Use sunscreen, and I use denim and Diamonds bronzer, in addition i take 1-2 grams of Ltyrosine daily...

On the day of I use Competition Tan. One coat the day of, two coats the day before.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about taning, I'm not a lady.
Also note, I don't care what any dermatologist my try to tell you, I can tell you and nearly anyone else who has gone tanning can tell you, tanning dries out acne. It really does help clear it or at the very least help make it more manageable.

Tanning is also really good to do before going on vacation to anywhere tropical (or really any vacation where you'll be exposed to the sun a lot). Help prevent you from getting burned on vacation and let me tell you, there aren't too many things worse than being literally rendered sick from sunburn while on a vacation you paid a few thousands of dollars for.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also note, I don't care what any dermatologist my try to tell you, I can tell you and nearly anyone else who has gone tanning can tell you, tanning dries out acne. It really does help clear it or at the very least help make it more manageable.
This is completely true. My skin noticeably clears up when I tan consistently.

FLgator

Awards
i know for a fact that melvin anthony tans a few weeks before a contest because even though you are black not all your skin has the exact same color all over. you probably do not need to go very often just 3 times a week untill your color is consistent

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
normally black guys, don't tan...check out the color of pro's and try to get a color like they have, if u need to tan a little then do it, if not, then don't...

just use a nice oil before the show for a good shine...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
JeremyNG25 Cycle Logs 1