Help me understand

HUGEbanks

HUGEbanks

Awards
  • Established
I am cutting, have been since Jan 01, 2007. I am down to 202lbs and approx 8% BF. I have about 39 days left on my cut diet and I am beginning to thin I wont make it. I am beyond tired all the time. I get 8hrs of sleep everynight, get up at 4am go do cardio for 45min and then ab work. Come home and start my day. I return to the gym around 7pm for weight training.

My thing is, during the day, i am VERY tired and cant seem to pay attention. I am not really "hungry" for more food but i feel like i couldnt eat junk to save my life. I love my food on my diet and i am making fantastic results, but why the heck am i so damn tired? My mind wont focus either, i often foget what i am doing. Especially when it is time to eat, if my wife asks me something i get confused and a bit irritable, i tell her to wait until after i eat so i can focus better.

Does anyone else experience this while cutting? Does it go away or will it stay the same or get worse? I would much rather bulk than cut now. lol

jstone28

Awards
how many carbs are you taking in? did you go too low?

the minute i cut carbs i get all the symptoms you were talking about. if i go real low...it just gets worse

HUGEbanks

HUGEbanks

Awards
  • Established
Well, my diet is awesome, I eat 6 meals a day and every 18th meal is a carb load. I REALLY love my carb load meal... sweet tater with peanutbutter is kick azz!

Heres the basic info on my diet as of right now, my calories are down a little more as i approach the end of my cut and hopefully my show.

Total Cals – 1972 Cals NON-carb night

Total Cals – 2499 – Carb nights

My strength is really up there, I am surprised that I am keeping and even gaining strength ans size on such low cals, but my dietician said thats the way he designed it to work. Most cuts strip people of strength but they feel energetic and overall really good, mine does the opposite.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't carb at night, man. If you ar egoing to carb load at least do so during the day. At night you're more likely to store it as fat instead.

CrazyMC

Awards
I think that'll come and go man, I'm 1 week out and I've been up and down for the past 9 weeks or so, haha. I'm down to about 6%.

HUGEbanks

HUGEbanks

Awards
  • Established
I think that'll come and go man, I'm 1 week out and I've been up and down for the past 9 weeks or so, haha. I'm down to about 6%.
The energy was gone for sure but strength was out of this world. very strange but i loved it.

Atlas

Awards
Is your dietician Chuck Rudolph? Seems to be the diet from the CUT DIET book. What was your stats from the begining and how many weeks ago did you start?

HUGEbanks

HUGEbanks

Awards
  • Established
Is your dietician Chuck Rudolph? Seems to be the diet from the CUT DIET book. What was your stats from the begining and how many weeks ago did you start?
Yes Chuck was (still is) my dietician. When i very first started dieting, i was 227lbs @ 24% Bf. I got damn serious with it and quit cheating on my diet Jan 1. I was 211lbs at 16% then, by March 31st I was 179lbs @ 5%BF. I am bulking now and I am at 208lbs @8% BF.

I attached some before and after pics as well as 1 from yesterday to show my progress.

Attachments