2 years out

spike88

Awards
I have been working out for two years. I want to do a show in two years. Any advice on how to start preparing, what type of supplement regimen should I be looking at. Should i concentrate on bulking first, leaning out first or should these be done simultaneuosly.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
What are your stats right now? Also start reading and searching on these boards and others for info. 2 years out from a show you definately need to access your weaknesses and work on bringing them out more. I would say you should be bulking right now since it is such a long ways away, but I am not surewhat you current weight status and body fat% is, etc. If your body fat is really high right now I would suggest to cut, but we need to know more about your situation before being able to give you advice on what you should be doing.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
do not worry if you are two years out. Just eat healthy, lift proper and look at your week spots. We can help you better with pics. You can pic up many diff. magazines and learn thru them. The basic thing will be your nutrtion and your lifting. There is plenty of forums for advimce here on AM. Good luck and training.

spike88

Awards
I am 6'4" 220lbs. 11% body fat. 32" inch waist 16.5" arms. I am strong and I have a decent build, but at 6'4" I look tall and skinny. Right now I am taking animal pack, thermolife xplode reload (tastes like ****). I goiong about 250g of protein, 350g of carbs. Any suggestions on supplement changes. The combo I am on doesn't seem to be working that well.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
What is your lifting like, do you train very heavy or just to maintain? What is your training routine like?

spike88

Awards
I lift five days a week as heavy as possible, sets of 6-12, split: legs, back, arms, rest, chest, rest, shoulders
16-20 sets for large bodyparts 9-12 for smaller ones

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
First thing I would suggest is get your protein up around at least 325-350g. Your carbs you should not worry that much about due to you are two years out. As far as lifting looks like you have a general idea of what you need to be doing. Just remember to keep changing your routie around every 16 weeks or so. Some even do it every 8 weeks.

spike88

Awards
thanks for all the information ripped1 any suggestions on supplementation. Right now I am taking animal stak and ce2

KRuth22

Awards
I would drop the ce2 and get some other creatine. It is too expensive and is only Creatine Ethyl Ester. Just get some CEE powder. Also with as much lifting as you are doing I would suggest a BCAA supp during the workouts. Myself, I am too poor to do that or I would be taking xtend during my workout.

Shock therapy is a great pre-workout supplement, I have been taking this for a few weeks and I get through my workouts a lot better with energy up until the last lift.

Chameleon

Awards
Do not put your faith in supplements. 99% of the supp industry is a scam, and very few live up to what they claim. Focus on lifting and researching lifting routines and the science behind muscle growth. Also, I would advise that you put a considerable amount of thought into your diet. Proper lifting and the right foods get you big, not the latest and greatest supplement. I wish I comprehended this years ago.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
At this point I would not suggest using anything. Get your body used to some serious lifting. At the same time put a log together with what you are eating. Break it down by columns. One for actual food and portion, 2nd how much protein in each serviong, 3rd carbs per serving, 4th fat per serving. There are websites to assist with thes. However I am old school, read the back of every package you eat, and weigh out everything you eat. This will help you precontest also. It will become your lifestyle if you are serious.

The reason I want you to do this is so you can teach yourself how to modify your diet. Anyone can add or subtract a meal. But to know exactly what you are doing is a bonus and is a must for any competitor. Once you get that knowledge and you body used to eating more we can talk supps.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
At this point I would not suggest using anything. Get your body used to some serious lifting. At the same time put a log together with what you are eating. Break it down by columns. One for actual food and portion, 2nd how much protein in each serviong, 3rd carbs per serving, 4th fat per serving. There are websites to assist with thes. However I am old school, read the back of every package you eat, and weigh out everything you eat. This will help you precontest also. It will become your lifestyle if you are serious.

The reason I want you to do this is so you can teach yourself how to modify your diet. Anyone can add or subtract a meal. But to know exactly what you are doing is a bonus and is a must for any competitor. Once you get that knowledge and you body used to eating more we can talk supps.
:goodpost:

never content

Awards
goodluck 6'4'' its definately going to be hard to be competitive at that height.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
To add mass in a bulking phase, include some slow-motion training. 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up.