Prepping for the 2007 Lehigh Valley!!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright, time to kick things into gear again! I'm less than 1 year out from the Lehigh Valley competition now and I feel I've been slacking WAY too much. So, I'm setting up a solid workout plan that I'm going to stick to without fail (I may ADD stuff, but no skimping allowed).

Here is the first phase:

Monday - Chest and Shoulders -
BB Flat Bench
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest
1 set to failure with rest pausing

2 1 minute sets of extreme chest stretching

Smith Machine Military Press
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme shoulder stretching

Tuesday - Back
BB Row
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme back stretching

Lat Pulldown
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

Wednesday -
30 minutes HIIT cardio

Thursday - Quads and Hams
BB Squat
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme quad stretching

Rack Deadlifts
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme hamstring stretching

Friday - Arms
BB close grip bench
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme tricep stretching

Standing EZ Curls
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme bicep stretching

Saturday and Sunday - off

Yes the workouts are short, but they are intense. The rest period before the intense set may be increased so I can gather as much strength as possible; TUT tends to wipe me out. I'll see how this goes for a couple weeks. If I don't have enough strength for the heavy set, I will likely modify the workouts so I have TUT days and progressive loading days or perhaps start the workout with progressive loading and follow it with some TUT.

Diet will be based on my contest diet for the Met. Calories to start will be 3000 and I'll gradually increase. I want fat intake to be minimal. Protein must be a minimum of 300g per day. I don't see a reason to go too much higher at my weight. certainly 400g would be the absolute limit.

Fun starts on Monday.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
keep me informed man on my email acct. I will help you where I can. I am starting my training for next years Team Universe this next week or so. I have some serious gains to make but have a new diet that Beverly Nut. set up for me.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
Yeah I heard it was a good show. I might plan for it next year. It just kinda snuck up on me this year-Prepping for some shows now for late june and july

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SHWEET Null,NJ and Ripped. Beverly is a great company too bad they dont advertise like crazy, because by far their proteins are quite tasty. Null your workout sonuds great, good luck, yall have have inspired me soo much keep it up!!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Yes they have the best tasting whey on the market.

My girlfriend actually drinks it twice a day because ofthe taste.

I will be posting a new log on Monday with my updated weight and my current training roster.

Talked to some of the judges after the New Englands. As I already knew I need to come up in my weight class, and improve my legs and calves. Not a secret. My traps are lacking but did the job. I was told that if I got thicker that my back and arms would be insane to match definition against. But I need to make a complete package.

I wanted to go to the Team U. this year to watch but the bodybuilding is on Friday. Tought to tell work that I am going to watch not compete.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, here it is, day 1. I'm still at work and still hours away from working out. Strangely, I actually feel somewhat nervous. That's good. Previous I felt absolutely nothing about myworkouts. Total apathy. Not good.

I'm anxious to put myself to the test. My numbers aren't going to be pretty. I've been off now since April 15th and don't plan on going back on for a while still. Not sure when. For one thing I want this friggin acne to clear finally. You folks have no idea just how bad it got and has been. I'm not sure I'll ever touch Tren again.

In any case, I'll be recording my numbers and reporting them up here no matter how pitiful they are. I KNOW my strength has dropped into the toilet due to my slacking since the contest. I can say I'm definitely not looking forward to posting those numbers. In any case hopefully my strength will rebound quickly.

Current supplements? Multivitamin in the morning and AllTheWhey shake post workout. Next week I'll draw out a more inclusive supplement schedule. The ones I know I'll be taking will be CEE and GXR. Likely I'll take Taurine, AAKG, Lysine, and Citrulline Mallate. I have a whole bunch of each. I also have a bunch of 7-OH powder, but I need to put that into solution first so I can dose it accurately.

Right now though, I want to focus on getting my training routine solidified and intensified. Supplementation has always been a strongpoint of mine, and I believe I handled diet well for my contest prep so I don't think it would be a challenge for my (hopefully clean) bulk.

Only thing tough about working out with my wife is she's horrible at psyching me up. She's the most mellow, low-key person I've ever known. She never gets angry and is incapable of even acting angry, and that's always been the frame of mind that gets me most focused to lift as best I can. Heck, sometimes when I'm trying to get ready for a set, she'll start asking me what we need to get from the grocery store and stuff like that. At some point I vow to get it across to her that inside the gym, the only thing that exists is the gym.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dude, good luck on your prep, and do not worry about your numbers in the gym. You are not A PL, as for your wife, I have come to the conclusion that wives unless competing for fitness, or bb'ing really have no idea of what the psyche is about in the gym. But its all good though at least she is there and not home beeyatchin and tearing your sport down. Good luck, and I will be starting my log soon, Iron Man Championships in Dec here I come...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the worst thing is, when I try to tell my wife that I need to focus, she thinks I'm angry with her. The only thing she ever asks of me is that I don't get angry with her or yell at her; she doesn't handle that well at all and almost immediately starts crying. I always have to be ultra careful to say it super calm because when I'm trying to focus my voice tends to be snappy.

The one thing that is good though is that ultimately, she would be happiest if I were as big as humanly possible. As in Jay Cutler sized. Not a whole lot of women are into the pro bodybuilder look, so that's really good. It means that she fully supports my ultimate goals.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats nuts bro, Mrs. Powerz is the same way, she is sooooo happy I am going to bulk in another week. Yesterday we sat down with my coach, it was hillarious, as she appointed herself my agent. As for the gym I am waaaay snappy about the gym the world does not matter once inside the gym, and no i do not care about groceries, no i do not care about this or that, all I care about is getting big!!!! But I am learning what not to say, and truthfully comparisons and analogies are great for women to understand our emotional standpoint...

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I have gotten lucky, all my years on stage I always had the *****ing girlfriends. Not now my girlfriend learned how to prepare some of my food for me, wants me to be gigantic, and didnt complain about not getting any of this fine peice of meat for the last two weeks. And let me reasure you that is a must for her. Hell seh gets off quick ass hell so I dont even have to work hard. But she is totally supportive of everything I do. She is now talking children and that is cool with me, this is why I am glad I have till 2008 to do the T.U.

Good luck with the trainning and don't worry about your strength it will come back. Muscle memory is a great thing. Just ease your way back into the heavy wieghts. My body has slowly started to adjust to some heavier weights.

Don't do the Tren if you dont need it, there are plenty of other things to do.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh my freakin gourd!

Quick but dang tough.

here are my wimpyass weights:

BB Flat Bench
1) 135x15
2) 185x12
3) 205x10
REST
4) 245x8, 15 second rest, 245x2
stretched with 40 pound DBs

Smith Military Press (I don't count the weight of the bar)
1) 90x12
2) 110x7
3) 140x5
REST
4) 180x4, 15 second rest, 180x2
stretched with bodyweight. Not sure if I did the right stretch though; I'll have to recheck

Tomorrow is back

tattoopierced1

good luck Null. I enjoyed your last contest log and certainly look forward to this one as well.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, time to kick things into gear again! I'm less than 1 year out from the Lehigh Valley competition now and I feel I've been slacking WAY too much. So, I'm setting up a solid workout plan that I'm going to stick to without fail (I may ADD stuff, but no skimping allowed).

Here is the first phase:

Monday - Chest and Shoulders -
BB Flat Bench
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme chest stretching

Smith Machine Military Press
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme shoulder stretching

Tuesday - Back
BB Row
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

Lat Pulldown
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

Wednesday -
30 minutes HIIT cardio

Thursday - Quads and Hams
BB Squat
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme quad stretching

Rack Deadlifts
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme hamstring stretching

Friday - Arms
BB close grip bench
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme tricep stretching

Standing EZ Curls
3 sets TUT
5 minutes rest

2 1 minute sets of extreme bicep stretching

Saturday and Sunday - off

Yes the workouts are short, but they are intense. The rest period before the intense set may be increased so I can gather as much strength as possible; TUT tends to wipe me out. I'll see how this goes for a couple weeks. If I don't have enough strength for the heavy set, I will likely modify the workouts so I have TUT days and progressive loading days or perhaps start the workout with progressive loading and follow it with some TUT.

Fun starts on Monday.
I really like the looks of the workout plan you have set up there. What kind of rep range do you plan to be working in, for both the TUT and rest-paused sets? Will you be keeping the same weight on the bar right throughout the workout?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh my freakin gourd!

Quick but dang tough.

here are my wimpyass weights:

BB Flat Bench
1) 135x15
2) 185x12
3) 205x10
REST
4) 245x8, 15 second rest, 245x2
stretched with 40 pound DBs

Smith Military Press (I don't count the weight of the bar)
1) 90x12
2) 110x7
3) 140x5
REST
4) 180x4, 15 second rest, 180x2
stretched with bodyweight. Not sure if I did the right stretch though; I'll have to recheck

Tomorrow is back

Well it would figure things would go horribly wrong.

I started off my Tuesday workout as planned.

BB Row
1) 135x15
2) 185x12
3) 225x8
REST
4) 275x5, 15 second rest, 275x1

I started feeling a little nautious after the second set. Kept going anyway. After the fourth set, I dropped the weight and felt VERY nautious. I managed to make it to the bathroom before puking. I tried left the bathroom with the intention of finishing the workout, but just couldn't. I still felt sick to my stomach.

I went home and puked again at home.

On Wednesday, I was ill all day at work. I went home a little early and barely made it in the door before all hell broke loose. I spent the evening and basically all of Thursday sitting on the toilet while holding a bucket. I'd never before had the sheetz while simulatneously puking; I can tell you now I never ever would wish that on my worst enemy.

Friday I no longer felt nauseated but I still couldn't spend more than 20 minutes or so away from the bathroom. Saturday things got a little better. Sunday whatever I had gotten appeared to have cleared up.

My wife came down with the same thing I did at almost exactly the same time, too. Thank goodness we have 2 bathrooms in our house.

Hopefully this week I'll be a little more successful with my goals and won't have interference from microscopic invaders.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Are you still having issues with sleep apnea Null? I never saw resolution to your other thread.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you still having issues with sleep apnea Null? I never saw resolution to your other thread.
Still got sleep apnea. Once in a while, my wife sleeps in the livingroom or forces me to sleep in the livingroom because of my snoring. I need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to feel remotely functional during the day. Even then, I have to play "catch-up" on the weekends.

My PCP is going to see about setting up an appointment for me with the Lehigh Valley Hospital sleep center. From there, they will evaluate if I should get surgery. I really don't know what they are going to prescribe though. I've kind of exhaused the usual stuff.

Honestly, with my commute and all the things I have to do each day, getting the kind of sleep my condition requires of me isn't entirely possible.

One thing I want to desperately get back into doing regularly is HIIT. My sleep apnea was at its most manageable when I was able to do 15 12mph 1 minute/6mph 2 minute intervals. At that point I was able to run for an hour at 7.5mph and felt like I could keep going and going (I stopped at an hour because I always wanted to keep my workouts to that time or less). In that condition, 7.5mph was moderate to low intensity. That was the only time I can remember where I could function normally yet consistantly get only 5-6 hours of sleep each night and sometimes less. In fact, at that time, my wife (then gf) I snored fairly quietly and sometimes not at all.

The thing is, in order to get into that condition, I did a preposterous amount of running; 3 HIIT session per week and 2 long distance cardio sessions. Took me only 3 months of that, but I burned through muscle like no tomorrow. Gained some strength, but we all know strength is mostly CNS. In reality, I think it was just that I had more endurance so I had more energy for lifts later in my workout.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Refer to this thread for the reasoning behind my following statement:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/47784-acne-conglobata.html#post558436

I'm not going to participate in the 2007 Lehigh Valley comp. I've given up on training for it too. The thread above explains why. This medical condition and the treatment required essentially eliminates my ability to do what is necessary to prepare for the competition. While I could still train the same, I'll be perfectly honest: without the competition looming over my head, I just don't have a lick of motivation to train that way. Instead I'm likely going to just revert to a standard 2-3 days per week moderate intensity training.

I'm sorry to everyone who was looking forward to a good contest prep thread. Perhaps I'll resume it if by some miracle I'm able to rid myself of this disease, but it isn't likely.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
alright budd, I want to wish you that you get better.

However I am going to talk you out of dropping out of training. Just because you are not on gear you can't train. Screw that man. Dud ethe show is a year away, you dont need to get on gear until week 16. Why dont you just eat right and diet. You have to clean your system up anyway, give your liver and kidneys a break. Don't you quit on us man, it would be a great dissapoiontment.

My Dr called me yesterday and told me my liver and kidneys had toxins in them. So I have been off gear for a month and will continue that. I still train and am focussing on next year. Do not give up quitting is for babies. You are a freaken trooper you already proved it.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Im not done, get you ass in the gym and train with anger and intensity, enough of this crap that you arent motivated. You just busted your ass for a show, now bust your ass for yourself

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
alright budd, I want to wish you that you get better.

However I am going to talk you out of dropping out of training. Just because you are not on gear you can't train. Screw that man. Dud ethe show is a year away, you dont need to get on gear until week 16. Why dont you just eat right and diet. You have to clean your system up anyway, give your liver and kidneys a break. Don't you quit on us man, it would be a great dissapoiontment.

My Dr called me yesterday and told me my liver and kidneys had toxins in them. So I have been off gear for a month and will continue that. I still train and am focussing on next year. Do not give up quitting is for babies. You are a freaken trooper you already proved it.

It's not about gear, it's about a lot of things.

For one thing, I have to decrease my protein intake due to this. Another problem is that everytime I train, I rip things open. Anything that requires me to lie on a bench tears open a dozen or so abcesses on my back. When I do BB bench, when the bar touches my chest it tears open abcesses on my chest. When I do squats abcesses on my traps get torn open.

Everytime one opens it gets worse. Not to mention the risk of opportunistic infection, especially when that happens in the gym. Plus some must be connected to bigass nerves because occasionally when one gets press by something it will cause one or more bodyparts to spasm. The other day I put my gymbag's strap over my shoulder and the strap touched an abcess on my trap. My whole upper back and neck arched and locked uncontrollably for like 1 or 2 seconds. Needless to say the pain was intense. It felt like being stabbed, but worst of all was I couldn't even pinpoint the location of the pain; it radiated.

Anyway, treatment of this crap takes years typically, if it works at all. Treatment will mean I'll be unable to take any supplements of any kind INCLUDING a friggin multivitamin and diet will have to have low to moderate protein. That makes legitimately training for a comp pretty much impossible.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro you got you had some bad reactions to **** I didnt realize, was it the tren mostly. Yee ****

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I understand the abcesses, as I had two that were removed then turned to mrsa, i digress, You NULL cannot let this condition win, maybe a home gym would be best for you, As I understand the protein decrease, and no supps, you and your body are resilient, and you can beat this, do not give into I am done... Their is plenty to train for, and you came this far so do not quit...Inspiration is all around you, now recieve it...