Jersey Shows

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so I've said it a few times, but I'm planning on doing a show in a few months, in Jersey.

Any of you Jersey's posters gonna be at the NJ/Suburban Bodybuilding Show, the Garden State Classic, The XCalibur or the Muscle Beach?

I'm planning on just going to the NJ/Suburban to check it out before I jump into things, whic will either be the GS Classic or the XCalibur...and the Muscle Beach is a definate...

Just wanted to see if anybody on here was planning on competing at any of these...

Atlas

Awards
Hey can you send a link to the show's, I'm in Jersey also (JC) and want to pick a show.

Atlas

Awards
Wow thanks! I'm looking into the Muscle Beach or the Xcalibur too! I just need help with my diet and I will be set. Once I see my diet on paper I just want to DO, not thinking, just follow what the paper says you know! If any one knows of any Contest Prep "guru's" (hate that word) from the NY or NJ area please post.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Atlas, let me know whichj contest you decide on. Maybe we'll end up stepping on stage and competing together...that'd be cool.

I personally have never been to a contest so I'm checking out one of the earlier ones to get a feel for what i need to do and how well i need to be prepared.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i did the garden state classic last year .. wasn't the best run show as everything started late and it wasn't air conditioned (in the middle of june) but it was still a good time

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
i did the garden state classic last year .. wasn't the best run show as everything started late and it wasn't air conditioned (in the middle of june) but it was still a good time
how'd you do?

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I loved doing the East Coast, very well run show in a good sized venue. It's the last NJ show of the season and I believe one of the bigger national qualifiers in Jersey. It's held in November, I believe it'll be on November 4 this year at JFK Highschool in Paterson.

Atlas

Awards
I really have no clue about contest dieting so I'm looking for someone to guide me through it. I would love to do a show in June, but realisticly I wouldn't be ready.....most likely I'll do the July and August shows I mentioned, the Muscle Beach and the Xcalibur. If wants to prove they are good at what they do, they can feel free to contact me!

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with that man, I to am planning on doing my first show this summer. I'm aiming for the Xcalibur which is july 22nd if I'm not mistaken, I'll most likely be entering as a novice. The reasoning I have is that since it is a national qualifier if I enter the open division I most likely will get my ass handed to me. Do you know what weight class you'll be competing at?

Atlas

Awards
I would love to be a light heavy, but I hope I have enough muscle to be a light heavy....I really just want to come in conditioned, then will worry about making weight later on. Good luck to you too man, hope to be on stage with you... On a side note I got a job at NY Sports Club today so finacially I should be able to compete now and I have to excuse to miss a workout now! (my current gym is quite far from me now)