My first contest prep discussion

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. My first contest prep discussion


    Hey guys,
    So I've decided to compete!
    Current stats
    99.4kg
    180cm tall and late 20's in age.

    Currently 14 weeks out and have just started test p / tren a / mast p at dosages of 50mg for all 3 EOD after running test and NPP for a lean bulk of 10 weeks moderate dosage were used with great success there also.

    I'm planning on keeping this dosage for 4 weeks to see how i respond to these compounds and make adjustments as seen fit.

    I am also transitioning into using test e because test is test and I'm only going to keep test at replacement levels so my dick works.

    My training style at the moment is Doggcrapp 3 days per week with 2 rest days used for HIIT.
    I've already dropped 2-3kgs in the first 2.5 weeks of following this and I'm thinking we will up training to 4/5 session per week soon.

    I enjoy the intensity of DC so its here to stay I feel although it seems to be an unpopular contest prep approach.

    I'm also still on 3500 calories and dropping weight nicely which is good!
    If these numbers are anything to go by it seems I'll be able to diet high and not need to starve myself closer to show day.

    Just thought I'd open up a thread to ramble and share some photos for everyone as I make my journey.

    Realistically I see myself being out sized by some more experienced guys but I'm doing all I can to be the best version of myself and that's my aim!
    Bring my best package.

    So at 14 weeks out this is my launching pad



  2. Sorry guys been so slack with this! I forgot my log in details and didn't get notifications!

    Here I am now just under 6 weeks out




    Any questions for me I'm happy to outline all protocol and details... within reason
    •   
       


  3. Looking great bro. I'd kill for your legs... What's your 2 weeks-1day out look like? Just overview of water, sodium, drugs(if applicable) possible natural or pharm diuretic use, and carb loading... Mine is in November and doing it without a trainer so looking for successful protocols... good luck

  4. You're going to do well.

  5. Why such low doses of gear? That's almost not even enough to really get all the benefits from each.. I would at least up the tren and mast to 100mg eod around 8 weeks out. At 2 weeks out I would stop the test and just run tren and mast the rest of the way in. This will give you a much harder/dryer package on show day assuming your diet is on point as well. I would also advise against transitioning to test e because it will increase water retention. Just my input. Good luck!
    •   
       

  6. My first contest prep discussion


    Quote Originally Posted by SR1991 View Post
    Why such low doses of gear? That's almost not even enough to really get all the benefits from each.. I would at least up the tren and mast to 100mg eod around 8 weeks out. At 2 weeks out I would stop the test and just run tren and mast the rest of the way in. This will give you a much harder/dryer package on show day assuming your diet is on point as well. I would also advise against transitioning to test e because it will increase water retention. Just my input. Good luck!
    Lol.

    Water retention? 0.
    Haven't dropped test e
    Tren and mast at 200mg EOD for the last week.
    Thrown some Winny in also.

    7 days out.

    Preps gone really well so far guy's.
    Front loading carbs and eating into the show this week.





  7. Yeahhh that's more like it. Good stuff man. I just figured you were already using prop so why stray.. but you're right man no water for sure.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by SR1991 View Post
    Yeahhh that's more like it. Good stuff man. I just figured you were already using prop so why stray.. but you're right man no water for sure.
    Ohh I could have gotten away with it but I have dropped my test pretty low since 4 weeks out.

    Will be back at cruise dose post show though for a nice long break

  9. Good luck man. By the looks of things, if you're halfway decent at posing you'll definitely place. Keep us posted!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by SR1991 View Post
    Good luck man. By the looks of things, if you're halfway decent at posing you'll definitely place. Keep us posted!
    Thanks buddy.

    Went and got a DEXA scan this morning and came in at 4.1% which I am pretty happy about

  11. You have some sick leg genetics.
    Are you just naturally quite lean, find it easy to drop fat?
    I'm going to start prepping early summer for my first contest and I'm worried about timing. Do you think 14 weeks was more than enough time?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mudveins View Post
    You have some sick leg genetics.
    Are you just naturally quite lean, find it easy to drop fat?
    I'm going to start prepping early summer for my first contest and I'm worried about timing. Do you think 14 weeks was more than enough time?
    Sadly my legs have really taken a hit getting these last few kgs off of bodyfat!
    Hoping that carbing up this week and just posing a bit more can really bring them up a abit.
    Had a set back 2-3 weeks ago and had to stop squatting and leg pressing which has really annoyed me but oh well.


    I am actually a former fatty haha.
    I would look at "junk" food and the weight would stack on.
    I just think since learning more about calculating calories and macros and finding training that compliments my lifestyle to help a lot.

    14 weeks is plenty of time.
    I didn't think I was going to be ready in time and yes I had to suffer a little bit more the final 3 weeks prior to this but 14 weeks is plenty of time if you're dedicated and outline a plan that you can stick to.

    I found stress and work to be limiting factors during my prep that caused me to hold a lot of water which made me think I was carrying more fat and we may have dieted / upped cardio a bit much but overall for my first prep I am happy

  13. what is ur diet like if u dont mind me asking?

    Quite curious .

  14. Quote Originally Posted by JoeStethics View Post
    what is ur diet like if u dont mind me asking?

    Quite curious .
    It's completely irrelevant to you as it's personally set up for my macronutrient requirements.

    I could rattle off what I eat and when and you could follow it and get fat as a house.
    We are all individual

  15. Well its mainly because im looking to run a test/tren cycle for 10 weeks
    with 50mg test prop and 75mg tren ace EOD, main goal is to get shredded but ive heard even on caloric surplus i can build muscle and burn fat so i wanted more knowledge on running a diet for test/tren if it helps im a mesomorph currently at 15% body fat 6'1 215 LBS.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JoeStethics View Post
    Well its mainly because im looking to run a test/tren cycle for 10 weeks
    with 50mg test prop and 75mg tren ace EOD, main goal is to get shredded but ive heard even on caloric surplus i can build muscle and burn fat so i wanted more knowledge on running a diet for test/tren if it helps im a mesomorph currently at 15% body fat 6'1 215 LBS.
    Make sure you have caber, prami or cialis on hand for that cycle. It affects everyone differently but I had to learn the hard way this last cycle of test and tren when my libido crashed super hard.
    And yes with tren I can say without a doubt, even in a caloric surplus you will lean out (obviously maybe not 3000 calories over maintainence, but 300-500 as s lean bulk easily possible).
    Also, if you mean shredded as in compitition six pack shredded in 10 weeks at the dose you are running at 15% bf... without a calorie deficit diet and eating clean... that's an impossible feat.

  17. Hey guys!
    1 day out!
    Light full body ( no leg training ) circuit today and 30 minutes of LISS.

    Here is a pre and post workout snap comparison.

    Will update more show day and answer more questions when I have some time guys

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Contopaxi View Post
    Hey guys!
    1 day out!
    Light full body ( no leg training ) circuit today and 30 minutes of LISS

    Here is a pre and post workout snap comparison.

    Will update more show day and answer more questions when I have some time guys
    GOOD LUCK!!!! Kill it!

  19. Hey guys! Will post a proper update from Sunday's show soon!
    Been flat out post comp.

    But quickly

    I didn't place.
    Top 3 in the movie all weighed 45lbs more than me on stage.
    I was probably as lean as them though.

    Chat soon!

  20. So pretty much 3 weeks post comp.
    Feeling like I'm holding condition decently


  21. Wish I would have seen this sooner, may have been able to help a bit. I don't think I saw but what was your post show approach? Are you working with anyone?

    I used DC template until 2 weeks out for my last show, loved it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Wish I would have seen this sooner, may have been able to help a bit. I don't think I saw but what was your post show approach? Are you working with anyone?

    I used DC template until 2 weeks out for my last show, loved it.
    Post show approach is I pretty much am hitting 3000 calories per day which is roughly maintenance / lower but it allows me have a free meal here and there if need.

    Training wise I am doing 4 days on 1 off and repeat
    Chest and bicep
    Back
    Delts Tricep
    Leg
    Off
    Repeat but with a different rotation.

    It's a Jordan Peters split I got off of his forum that I am a member off.
    It is low volume but high frequency obviously as I seemed to respond to that style as per DC more so than the high volume stuff.
    Also being on a cruise I don't really want to beat myself up coming from a comp prep.


    Currently not working with anybody but I think I'm doing ok for now with programming myself but will probably be looking at working with someone once this cruise phase is complete which probably won't be for another 10-12 weeks.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Contopaxi View Post
    Post show approach is I pretty much am hitting 3000 calories per day which is roughly maintenance / lower but it allows me have a free meal here and there if need.

    Training wise I am doing 4 days on 1 off and repeat
    Chest and bicep
    Back
    Delts Tricep
    Leg
    Off
    Repeat but with a different rotation.

    It's a Jordan Peters split I got off of his forum that I am a member off.
    It is low volume but high frequency obviously as I seemed to respond to that style as per DC more so than the high volume stuff.
    Also being on a cruise I don't really want to beat myself up coming from a comp prep.


    Currently not working with anybody but I think I'm doing ok for now with programming myself but will probably be looking at working with someone once this cruise phase is complete which probably won't be for another 10-12 weeks.
    Good idea. I'd hit cholesterol supps hard too, prep trashes them (not to.mentiom obvious drug protocols do this as well)

    I'd agree, things look solid. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

    I used Dantes advanced DC 5 day split for prep and have implemented it this off season also.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Good idea. I'd hit cholesterol supps hard too, prep trashes them (not to.mentiom obvious drug protocols do this as well)

    I'd agree, things look solid. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

    I used Dantes advanced DC 5 day split for prep and have implemented it this off season also.
    For sure man I'll be updating this thread sporadically or if I create a proper log I'll tag you in and bounce some ideas off of you

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Contopaxi View Post
    For sure man I'll be updating this thread sporadically or if I create a proper log I'll tag you in and bounce some ideas off of you
    Right on!

    My off season log is up, I'm on my phone so can't link it right now but it's in the training forum
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My first contest need help with carbs
    By anteis99 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:30 AM
  2. Preparing for my first contest!
    By jondel in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 05:14 AM
  3. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 07:26 PM
  4. my first contest
    By Canibalistic_js in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 12:25 AM
  5. I want to Compete in my First Contest, Can Anyone Help?
    By IronMarc in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Log in
Log in