Mens Physique Prep

bsevchek3

bsevchek3

Awards
I have always wanted to compete in a men's physique contest, but never know how to prepare. What are some pointers as far as preparation goes: dieting, weight training (close to contest), etc...

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Highly reccomend a coach, theres a lot into it. Week to week diet, peaking you at the right time, you dont want to come in too wet or dry, to flat or soft.

I prep about 10 clients right now, and each is different.

What I do for one doesnt always work for another. For instance, I have a Biki chick now, she came to me lean but not much shape. After adding shape, I have to count every calorie she takes in and swap it often bc she dieted for such a long time and has slowed her metabolism from only eating 1-2 times a day forever. and eating very little.

bsevchek3

bsevchek3

Awards
Highly reccomend a coach, theres a lot into it. Week to week diet, peaking you at the right time, you dont want to come in too wet or dry, to flat or soft.

What I do for one doesnt always work for another. For instance, I have a Biki chick now, she came to me lean but not much shape. After adding shape, I have to count every calorie she takes in and swap it often bc she dieted for such a long time and has slowed her metabolism from only eating 1-2 times a day forever. and eating very little.
As far as coaches are concern, how much is that going to cost me? This is something I have become serious about and I want to take that next step.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I charge $250.00 for 10-12 weeks 1 show or 750- 1,000 for the year, include off season macro, pre contest, peak weak, supplement advice, and every now and then a workout routine. I normally dont do the workout routine, but sugguest ideas for weak point training. This is because I train which is different all together, and for that price I dont make enough to make a custom routine for the best results for the individual. Cookie cutter routines are not always best because everyone has thing they should work on bringing up and strengths that are not worked hard enough to get results.

Thats the average around here, but your area may be different. Its best to get someone local although I have done a few online with good results, that one on one time makes it easier for the trainer and more assured for the client.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Very true. I've got a bikini chick on 150gr/carbs a day while another I have carb cycling. They're only about 6lbs different in weight (height) and similar in bf with same goals. chicks are tough bc their diets may have been out of whack for yeeeeears and little to no training.

Whoever you hire, ask a lot of questions before signing on.