Girlfriend doesnt support goals - Help!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjszip View Post
    Oh, and above all else, people who give machismo "U CUD HAV NE 1 BRO SO **** WOMEN THEY ARE LYING CHEATING WHORES U SHUD JUST SLING HELLA DICK BANGING HOES DAY'N'NITE" advice are dip****s who can't keep a womans attention or maintain a longterm relationship like a man. They're bitter because they're losers. Avoid relationship advice from the pudd who gets cheated on like a chump and blames his **** circumstances on women as a whole and not their selection of a particularly trailer-trashy bimbo. You fellas can't put a tuxedo on a pig and expect it not to roll in ****. Why would you fall in love with a 1-nighter and be surprised when you get cheated on?
    I was always taught that it wasnt wise to plan your life according to a woman's desires since they dont know what they want anyway. If he chooses to listen to his girl and not dive into his new lifestyle, it will cause relationship problems in the future. Regret is one hell of a curveball. Imagine a few years down the line him not doing contest prep, regretting it and causing an argument that breaks them up. **** happens, and im sure she wouldnt compromise her life/future to please him. A truly supportive girlfriend wouldnt mind your energy going elsewhere. And if lifting is what makes you happy then do it, if you're not happy with your life you wont be 100% satisfied in your relationship either.

2. Registered User

Seriously. Follow your dream, if she doesn't support it, then move on. You only get one chance to chase your goals, someone who loves you respects that and will support you through it.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

I can agree with you, with the only caveat being not to plan your life by any uncertain means. Don't plan your life around a job you haven't gotten, a marriage you aren't in, or a business agreement with a best friend that hasn't been signed. Planning a life around certainty is always solid advise.
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Re: Girlfriend doesnt support goals - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    Woman are the s hittiest type of person there is man, most of the ones i know will leave you for a guy with more money, or better looking or more popular in a second.
    Have you tried meeting women in places other than strip clubs?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Sounds to me like it might be a "time" issue. She might get the impression that you're more dedicated to yourself--in her eyes, what with the constant training and disciplined eating--that she might feel you don't dote on her or give her the attention and/or time she's seeking. She might feel you could easily forget her, since you might or could seem more eager with the training than anything she likes. (Similar reason why girls get so upset with guys watching sports. To some girls, sports are dumb, but the see guys emoting with energy and excitement and since guys hardly get like that around them, they feel shafted. Then, they turn off the TV and say, "We need to talk.")

Like the other good advice here, a good woman, nay, a GREAT woman, will support you and will understand. Sounds to me like she doesn't, but, just like what else was posted, I'm guessing there might be more to this than simply the training.

Really talk with her about this, be honest and let her know how you feel with a) your feelings about her and b) how your training is who you are--it's part and parcel of you.

Go from there and godspeed, sir!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjszip View Post
    I can agree with you, with the only caveat being not to plan your life by any uncertain means. Don't plan your life around a job you haven't gotten, a marriage you aren't in, or a business agreement with a best friend that hasn't been signed. Planning a life around certainty is always solid advise.
    Maybe from a cyncical, glass half empty view.

Goals are to be achieved and to do so you must plan and put the plan in to action, which usually means structuring your life to get to what ever your goal is. If you hide from failure and settle you'll always be kind of in between. Having a certainty for a back up plan is solid advice, a back up plan that doesn't interfere with your actual goals and desires.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

My input, as my situation was similar to yours and continues to be, all be it I chose option 2 and got married.
    1. Easiest way is find a girl who's on board with your goals.
    2. Stay with her and have arguments and disputes and slooooooowly she will begin to accept it more and more, or she will bail herself from the relationship.

My girlfriend now 5 year wife still gets a bit irritated when I "choose" to workout rather than spend that hour with her after a week apart, but she gets that it's what make me, me and I'll likely moan and groan so she get pissy for a bit and when I get back gets over it.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

I don't think anyone should be saying leave her just yet.. I mean they live together and everything. Maybe drastic change will freak her out but she would warm up to it. She is just piling all the negative aspects up and not the positives(i know my gf for a year and a half does this). Bring her to the gym with you. Warning: your gf will interfere with the intensity of your workout. However the plus sign is that girls love getting told what to do, not ina negative way. Example: all those classes full of women. Show her the way and lift with her. Now my gf wants me to "train" her everyday
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    I don't think anyone should be saying leave her just yet.. I mean they live together and everything. Maybe drastic change will freak her out but she would warm up to it. She is just piling all the negative aspects up and not the positives(i know my gf for a year and a half does this). Bring her to the gym with you. Warning: your gf will interfere with the intensity of your workout. However the plus sign is that girls love getting told what to do, not ina negative way. Example: all those classes full of women. Show her the way and lift with her. Now my gf wants me to "train" her everyday
    I have found all of this to be true myself.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 03:14 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
  3. Insurance Denying HRT Support Items - Help With Appeal?
    By Blesum in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 03:21 PM