So who is doing shows in 2013

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. I really want to do a show. But i have no idea where to start. Im pretty good with eTing healthy i just dont hAve a clue with contest prep and dont have money to hire a coach.. I wud love to start competing

2. I'm planning on doing a couple bodybuilding shows and a physique show. All will be national qualifers around the middle of October to middle of November. One long bulk. One major cut this year. This year I came in to my show at 172 at sub 5% bf. I'm really hoping to come in around 180-185 at this show at 3%. its going to be a fun and interesting year
    Need2 Transformation Progress http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167648-legacyfighters-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
    •   

3. Legacy did you post pics from the show in your log.
    If so I need to check em out.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

4. i need to post pics of my mr olympia pose down from last year
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
  5. Mixed Pairs

My wife and I just started our short 12 week diet for our first ever pairs competition. This is a "come back" for myself. I broke my right arm in August of last year - have not worked out since - my starting weight is still 255. Will post pics soon as I figure out how - thanks everyone. Keep up the hard work 2013!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by powercorps View Post
    My wife and I just started our short 12 week diet for our first ever pairs competition. This is a "come back" for myself. I broke my right arm in August of last year - have not worked out since - my starting weight is still 255. Will post pics soon as I figure out how - thanks everyone. Keep up the hard work 2013!
    It's nice to have that bond where you can do it together.

7. I'm doing the Jay Cutler desert classic in April.

8. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

Yes I wish I had that with my girl... this will be my first show and she has promised to support me, but I'm still weary of what's to come.

9. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    -- thanks and Yes it is nice - we have been married for over 12 years and she has supported me with 4 shows already. I am excited, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time - now she is finally ready - patience

10. Quote Originally Posted by IDC View Post
    Yes I wish I had that with my girl... this will be my first show and she has promised to support me, but I'm still weary of what's to come.
    My wife enjoys the shows, but not my diet. She really has fun. Make sure she brigs a freind to help occupy her time while waiting for you on stage. It works out well a very good freind and team mate of mine has a wife that is good friends with my wife. So we try to make sure we hit shows together so our wives have company.

11. Quote Originally Posted by powercorps View Post
    -- thanks and Yes it is nice - we have been married for over 12 years and she has supported me with 4 shows already. I am excited, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time - now she is finally ready - patience
    Make sure you keep us posted. That vey neat.

12. Lookin to do my first show in July
    Always willing to learn :D

13. Ill be doing my third show this year. Jay cutler show in Vegas at the end of march. I'm about two weeks into my prep currently and should be on track or ahead. Never had a trainer before so I decided to get one this time. It's actually a chick. She's an IFBB physique girl so it makes me push a little harder when I have a female giving me a ration of sh1t.

14. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    Make sure you keep us posted. That vey neat.
    Well, 2nd week of our "short" 12 week diet we both came down with the flu! Luckily it didn't effect our stomachs in the form of vomiting or toilet issues. Neither of us could do much for about 4 days! Meals were hard to choke down, due to sore throat, etc... With everything and ESPECIALLY while dieting for a show you must find some sort of "silver lining" and hold to it, until the struggle passes. Each time we find ourselves in a higher bracket of self dedication. I am about to start my early morning cardio ( heh 6:30a, it's not THAT early ) but early for me at this point.
    We are practicing our mandatory poses in the eve - we plan on seeing our posing coach this weekend. We will do some pics - if I'm satisfied with what they look like at this stage - ill post - if not. We shall wait til next week thanks so much for your support.
    Back soon....

15. Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

My wife enjoys the shows, but not my diet. She really has fun. Make sure she brigs a freind to help occupy her time while waiting for you on stage. It works out well a very good freind and team mate of mine has a wife that is good friends with my wife. So we try to make sure we hit shows together so our wives have company.
    I just posted a thread specific to this topic -- girlfriends/wifes and how to gain their support, not an easy task for me thus far!
    Progress leads to success.

16. Quote Originally Posted by burnstacp View Post
    Ill be doing my third show this year. Jay cutler show in Vegas at the end of march. I'm about two weeks into my prep currently and should be on track or ahead. Never had a trainer before so I decided to get one this time. It's actually a chick. She's an IFBB physique girl so it makes me push a little harder when I have a female giving me a ration of sh1t.
    I always use a coach, it keeps me liable to another person other then myself, and someone who is always honest.

I train every now and then with an IFBB Physique female, it keeps me motivated.

17. I'm doing my first teen bodybuilding show on 4th of July at muscle beach Venice. Any advice?

18. I may actually take the year off to continue growing and really let any new muscle mature before dieting back down and risk losing it.

However, if I am to do a show this year, it would be an October early November show to at least give me several more months of growth and...freedom
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

19. Quote Originally Posted by alcantar0311 View Post
    I'm doing my first teen bodybuilding show on 4th of July at muscle beach Venice. Any advice?
    Have fun and be happy that you're breaking the ice at such a young age. You almost learn something new every show you do and become more and more comfortable. Smile on stage and don't get caught like a deer in headlights. Try your best to not look like a robot and stay alert so when the judges call out a shot, you don't stand there holding the same pose while everyone else is hitting a different one
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

20. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post

Have fun and be happy that you're breaking the ice at such a young age. You almost learn something new every show you do and become more and more comfortable. Smile on stage and don't get caught like a deer in headlights. Try your best to not look like a robot and stay alert so when the judges call out a shot, you don't stand there holding the same pose while everyone else is hitting a different one
    Thank you. Yea I'm currently 17 years old, so I'm planning on using this contest as a stepping stone to my future.

21. ^^^Wish I was that dedicated that young!

22. Santa Barbara Open. Powerlifting Meet. First one excited as fuuuuggg

23. Quote Originally Posted by alcantar0311 View Post
    Thank you. Yea I'm currently 17 years old, so I'm planning on using this contest as a stepping stone to my future.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I've done my fair show of shows and wouldn't mind helping ya out
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

24. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I've done my fair show of shows and wouldn't mind helping ya out
    Well, what tanning product do you recommend and I'm 5 months out right now so should I start cutting or continue mass building for now.
    Currently I am at 9.4% body fat .

25. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post

Video tape yourself and give yourself 4-6 weeks to rehearse

26. Quote Originally Posted by alcantar0311 View Post
    Well, what tanning product do you recommend and I'm 5 months out right now so should I start cutting or continue mass building for now.
    Currently I am at 9.4% body fat .
    It's not a bad idea to start with ProTan or Jan Tana. Through competing in numerous shows, you may find yourself trying different products and protocols in finding what works best for you. My first show I did 5-6 coats of ProTan because about that many are needed to get dark enough. Even than, I felt I could be a bit darker without blurring my lines. So, what I found to work pretty well for me has been several coats of ProTan to attain a nice base and then 2-3 coats of JanTana...2 Friday and 1 Saturday morning.

If you indeed are 9.4% bf, you could find yourself adding calories for another 3-5weeks to establish a higher set/start point. From there is then where you would start dieting down from. However, you should always give yourself more time than less to get shredded to make up for any obstacles you may encounter along the way.

Being your first show, do your best to enjoy the ride, take notes on what works and doesn't work and step on stage in the best shape of your life!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

27. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post

It's not a bad idea to start with ProTan or Jan Tana. Through competing in numerous shows, you may find yourself trying different products and protocols in finding what works best for you. My first show I did 5-6 coats of ProTan because about that many are needed to get dark enough. Even than, I felt I could be a bit darker without blurring my lines. So, what I found to work pretty well for me has been several coats of ProTan to attain a nice base and then 2-3 coats of JanTana...2 Friday and 1 Saturday morning.

If you indeed are 9.4% bf, you could find yourself adding calories for another 3-5weeks to establish a higher set/start point. From there is then where you would start dieting down from. However, you should always give yourself more time than less to get shredded to make up for any obstacles you may encounter along the way.

Being your first show, do your best to enjoy the ride, take notes on what works and doesn't work and step on stage in the best shape of your life!
    Alright I will take all that into consideration and will stop my cut for like 2 weeks and then continue again. Thanks a lot for the advice.

28. Quote Originally Posted by alcantar0311 View Post
    Alright I will take all that into consideration and will stop my cut for like 2 weeks and then continue again. Thanks a lot for the advice.
    No problem at all alcantar
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

29. How do you guys find shows to compete in, I would love to do a show just for fun.

30. NPCNewsOnline dot com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Doing Shows in Your 30's
    By trend747 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 06:57 AM
  2. So who is gonna watch I am Legend ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 05:31 AM