Contest prep dieting

UnderXero

UnderXero

Awards
I'm 33 weeks out from my June 1st contest.

I plan on bulking for 12-4 more weeks, and doing an 6-8 week recomp into an 20-16 week cut (hopefully 16 lol)

I want to gather as much information on contest dieting/cardio/supplementation as possible.

So far my dieting plan that I want to tweak is a 250 calorie reduction from my estimated BMR following a 50pro/30carb/20fats diet

For example if I'm at 210 at the end of my bulk my BMR would be (210*12)=2420 on off days & 2420 + 600 (gym calories) would be 3020

My macros would be
300p/185c/55f on off days
375p/230c/65f on ON days

Now when i cut calories what percentage should be from fat, carbs and or protein?

Should I use another diet beside 50/30/20?

For supplements:
Besides a multi and EFAs

When and how much should I take of:

Ephedrine
Caffeine
Aspirin
Clenbuterol
CLA
L-Carnitine
BCAAs
Raspberry Ketones
Geranium
Vitamin B
Any others?

I want to know which should be taken throughout and which should be added at certain periods to create a stimulus?

Thanks for any support and or input :)

UnderXero

UnderXero

Awards
image-2070584788.jpg

This will be my diet plan/ macros according to weight, if my weight doesn't conclude at what it's supposed fall on during that week I will add cardio on my Training days rather than just my off days

On my off days I plan to just eat at my BMR with a 40/40/20 diet & get my calorie deficit from my cardio.

UnderXero

UnderXero

Awards
I will take CLA, Raspberry Ketones, L-Carnitine, Vitamin B6 and BCAAs
& my fish oils along with a nice multi all throughout the 20 weeks, anything else I should take?

After 3 or 4 weeks I will use the ECA stack for 4 weeks and take a week off stims. Then will take Alphamine for 4 weeks and take a week off stims, then I will take Clen for 2 weeks on 1 week off (twice) then remain off stims and take nolvatren xt or erase for the last 4 weeks.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Ephedrine 25mg 3x day
Caffeine 200x 3 day
Aspirin up to you 81mg or 325 mg
Clenbuterol day 60/80/100/120/120/120/140 till day 14 or you can just do 120 till day 14 I like 140 though
CLA I like 6000mg a day but most do 3000mg
L-Carnitine - I do liquid and 3 tbsp a day
BCAAs I do 21g a day 3 drinks all 7g each heavy luceine
Raspberry Ketones- Dont Know
Geranium Oxy Elite Pro, or Pro Supps has a new one
Vitamin B depends what else your on
Any others?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm 33 weeks out from my June 1st contest.I plan on bulking for 12-4 more weeks, and doing an 6-8 week recomp into an 20-16 week cut (hopefully 16 lol)I want to gather as much information on contest dieting/cardio/supplementation as possible.So far my dieting plan that I want to tweak is a 250 calorie reduction from my estimated BMR following a 50pro/30carb/20fats dietFor example if I'm at 210 at the end of my bulk my BMR would be (210*12)=2420 on off days & 2420 + 600 (gym calories) would be 3020My macros would be 300p/185c/55f on off days375p/230c/65f on ON daysNow when i cut calories what percentage should be from fat, carbs and or protein?Should I use another diet beside 50/30/20?For supplements:Besides a multi and EFAsWhen and how much should I take of:Ephedrine Caffeine AspirinClenbuterolCLAL-CarnitineBCAAsRaspberry KetonesGeraniumVitamin BAny others?I want to know which should be taken throughout and which should be added at certain periods to create a stimulus?Thanks for any support and or input :)
I have my next show in June as well but closer to the end of the month. I'm starting a bulk later this month and then in March I will be begin my cut/contest prep diet and routine. Your macros look fine. When you drop cals, keep it even across the board for you macros. You can drop you fat to 15% but not any lower as it will impact your body's hormones. Don't drop calories too fast. Keep it consistent and drop every couple of weeks unless you're making great progress, then max it out before dropping. It takes the body ~17 days for your metabolism to adjust to a new caloric intake. Also, plan it so that you have an inverse relationship with cardio. As you get further into your diet, you'll have less leeway in dropping cals and still maintain appreciable fat loss so I would steadily increase my cardio, doing more the closer to the end that I got. Good to see you planning so far ahead and getting ready. As for supps, here's my opinion based on my experience. I wouldn't take clen and ECA concurrently. I haven't found the aspirin to be needed either. They both have their strong points and are effective. I find that when I take over 75 mg and even sometimes at 75mg of ephedrine, I get prolonged headaches. However I also find that it seems to work a little better for me in the way of fat loss. I'd take 25mg of E with 200 mg of caffeine 3x/day like sixxer recommended as well. Clen gave me the jitters the first couple days but that went away pretty quick. I'd start low to assess tolerance and because of the long half-life of around 36 hours, I would only increase the dose every 3 days. For example, start at 40 mcg and so something like this: 40/40/40/60/60/60/80/80/80 until you reach your tolerable limit and without going over about 160 mcg to stay safe. After a couple weeks you will need to take time off to upregulate your receptors. However, if you take 1-2ml of Ketitofen per day after the first five days or so of clen, then you don't need to cycle off every two weeks. My preferred fat loss stim supp regime is this:-EC 3x/d-Raspberry Ketones 1-1.5g ed-TTA-500 (if it's still available as it was recently discontinued): 1.5g ed-Green Tea Extract with a high standardization for EGCG: 1-2g ed-Thyrocaps: 3 caps edI also find Synephrine and Yohimbine (preferable alpha yohimbine) to get great during fasted morning cardio sessions. Helps to stimulate and keep you going and has fat burning properties as well. As for CLA, that has only been shown to be effective in either the obese or the untrained. Don't waste your money. L-Carnitine has a whole host of benefits but fat loss isn't one of them as shown by clinical studies. BCAA's are great for dieting when in a caloric deficit. The general formula to use is .05g of leucine content per kg of body weight. That translates roughly into about 4-5 grams of leucine for maximum muscle protein synthesis. Levels above this saturation point are needless. You can take it every two hours between food for maximum MPS. I use it before my fasted or I guess semi-fasted cardio sessions.

ozdog

Awards
whats your current stats? Body weight, bodyfat?

ozdog

Awards
are you doing the show natural or not? Depending on your body fat I would add more body fat during the bulking cycle unless your under 8%. You should shoot for under 12% before you start your contest diet. So if you around 20% you can still add muscle while losing fat. When I was competeting Id run 8 to 10%, then cut up into a show. I dont compete any more but Im a Judge, so I can tell you, if your not ripped, you wont win, I see allot of guy to worried about size and come in smoth or who need 4 more weeks of deiting and lose. If your competeting a bigger sho0w, you need to be in the low 3s to win. I was a heavyweight and Id win becuase I was shredded and didnt lose muscle from a extreme diet becuase I was always with in striking distance, maybe drop 15 pounds from contest weight, 20 at the most (that includes water). The ratios are nice as a starting point but you need to tweak based on your body fat and genetics. To be safe keep your protien above 2 grams per 1 lbs of body weight. Take your measurements and set a baseline carb intake. If you lose to quickly up a little, if you dont lose enough, drop carbs. For example day 1 protien 400 grms, carbs 150 grams , day 2 100 grams of carbs, day 3 50 grams of carbs as a starting point. Beef was always a great bulk builder but you need to look at how much fat your taking in and if your losing or gaining body fat.