Competing in First Men's physqiue show

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Contest is 19 weeks and 4 days out. Getting ready and doing it what needs to be done.

Supplments
BCAA morning lunch dinner , pre and post work out
Ephdra,caffeine, and aspirin

Diet
Breakfast
1/2 cup oatmeal
5 egg whites 1 whole
Bannana
Meal 2
2 scoops of protien with Bcaa
Meal 3
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup of white rice
Meal 4
2 scoops of protien and walnuts
Pre workout
1/2 white rice
Post workout
2 cans of a tuna and 1 cup of green beans
Dinner
8 oz chicken with 6 medium size asparagus

Water intake is 1 1/2 gallon a day

Workout changes constantly so I couldn't even post day by day for the amount of time I'm limited to list everything but simple split training with cardio 45 prior to heavy lifting and light lifting

ForumRunner_20120714_155105.png

My coach is NPC national contestant Quenton Randolph. I hope to get as much encouragement as possible

Stats

5 ft 8 in
230 lbs
Approx 15-17 % bf

Goal
185-190
Approx 5-7 % bf

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Dope! Looks like u got a good frame to start with good luck!

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Thank you, I've worked hard, now its time to work hard in the kitchen

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
19 weeks and 2 days
Diet is pretty normal except ate cereal for breafast to load up my carbs for the gym. I'll have a nice breakfast afterwards. Meeting up with my coach on 30 min to train. I keep everyone updated on progress. A photo a week.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
awesome man. are you going to log your whole contest prep? Ill definitly follow along wifes doing a show in october and wants me too as well so ill be in prep mode with ya

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Yes ill try to,

Diet today

Breakfast
Bowl of cereal and a bannana
Gym
Post amino with protien and oats
6 egg whites and sausage
8 oz chicken with aspargus
Protien shake with aminos
Left over chicken and aspargus again.

Gym was

25 stairmaster with 30 of bicycle
Started with circuit abs on all machines for 2 sets no rest
Flat bench dumbell 3 sets
Incline dumbell press 3 sets
Standing preacher 3 sets
Incline dumbell curls 3 sets
Standing dumbell curls 3 sets
Tricep pulldowns 3 sets
French standing tricep extensions 3 sets
Overhead seated tricep ext 3 sets

3 hours total

Great workout adding 700 mg of mast and 400 mg of prop with whinny 8 weeks out. Got 11 weeks left of tren e and sus left

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
awesome man. are you going to log your whole contest prep? Ill definitly follow along wifes doing a show in october and wants me too as well so ill be in prep mode with ya
If u have any questions ask, doing log to keep self on track

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man.
I am also trying to start doing contests.
How is your diet looking? are you sticking to what is above. Or have you atlered it or kinda have a lot of substitutes

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Yes i post what i eat that day. only time it differs is when i am working 10 hour shifts. i eat breakfast which is normally 5 egg whites. then break is a protein shake, then my 8 oz chicken and veggies then next break i eat protien shake or a some kinda snack with a banana. then i always carb up before a workout. then post i try to eat fish or chicken sometimes turkey. but keeping my diet very clean. You can alter as far out as i am, crucial is when it gets down to week 4 to 5. thats when water and all that needs to go. drinking distilled and getting that hardness. Right now is just cutting fat and uping cardio while trying to maintain and take in as much protein as possible. Temptation is always there my friend. Look what i have to deal with
417632_10151927719035532_271870139_n.jpg

Attachments

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Ok gym time

been hitting it hard the last few days so im going to do a light shoulder abs

dumbell shoulder press 3 sets
lateral raises 3 sets
some upright rows 3 sets
hit some rear delts for 3 sets
then reverse crunches and crunches til failure.

Take it light, tomorrow is legs and i need as much rest as possible.

Breakfast so far is 5 egg whites and a banana
pre workout - 1 cup of white rice.

then off to a 10 hour work day in a warehouse Tig welding Truss' all night

Today is monday so ill be posting a progress on Friday

sprintstar01

Awards
subbd to learn! I plan on competing in a year or so

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Tuesday
Diet normal
Breakfast
5 egg whites with hot sauce ( started to get plain )
Pre work out
One slice of wheat with honey and peanut butter
Post workout
Protien shake plus 2 cans of tuna and green beans
At work break
Protien with banana
Dinner
8 oz chicken with brocolli
Late break protien again .

Don't forget your BCAAs, very very strong believer of em as some aren't but like I said everyone has there views.

If I'm still hungry at night ill drink a protien in the middle of the night.

Now, everybody is different but to cut weight this works for me. I'm sure others have inputs and there .02 and are more than welcome to input, this site is to better all of us and make the contest that we strive to compete in amazing and better each year.

Still not fully carb depleted so workouts are still very strong. The ephdra works wonders, all those new thermos don't compare to the old school stuff.

Gym tomorrow - Pain Day
Flat bench 4 sets 12 reps with a warm up
Clean and press 4 sets for 12 reps
Deadlift heavy 2 sets for 6 - 8
Squats wide 4 sets light for 25 reps
Calve raises 4 sets of 30

Remember physique is to see that tear drop right above the knee and defintion in the calves.

Next day off. Thank god!

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
subbd to learn! I plan on competing in a year or so
Thank you, if you have questions ask. This is a new contest many are not informed on what they look at.

Normally, don't quote me, they have 4 areas, they look at shoulder broad, ab definition, leg/ calves and chest, all symmetry and hardness.
All personality, smile male sure your confident and you have the mindset and you will when your diet and ready.

sprintstar01

Awards
Thank you, if you have questions ask. This is a new contest many are not informed on what they look at.

Normally, don't quote me, they have 4 areas, they look at shoulder broad, ab definition, leg/ calves and chest, all symmetry and hardness.
All personality, smile male sure your confident and you have the mindset and you will when your diet and ready.
Appreciate it! Right now, I just need to add mass. I was collegiate sprinter so I have a good base;however, I don't have the mass. I'm about 157ish now...I want to be at least 165-170

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
What's your height. I'm 5ft 8 and below class , you will need to out on some mass I'm sure of it.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
your going to be running up against some heavier guys, especially at 156 at 5 ft 8 and above. average will be about 200 - 220

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Tomorrow

DAY OFF!!!!

Breakfast. Egg whites again with the hot sauce,
protien shake
i made Chicken pianti for lunch
another protien shake at work during my shift
yogurt and banana as a snack
another protien shake
sucks getting off work at 3 am

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
your going to be running up against some heavier guys, especially at 156 at 5 ft 8 and above. average will be about 200 - 220
at 5'8" most of the guys who are winning are 160-180 and VERY conditioned. This is Physique not bodybuilding.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
I said 5 8 and above....read before u comment. If Ur 6 ft 2 170 pounds you will lack muscle and that is still what they are looking

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Going through divorce, diet is wack, workout is gone, wife left, has messed up the routine. Well post more about the diet later

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I said 5 8 and above....read before u comment. If Ur 6 ft 2 170 pounds you will lack muscle and that is still what they are looking
Yeah you didn't make sense, and your still wrong pretty much anyway you want to look at it, basically you don't know what your talking about. There are height divisions in men's physique. someone who's 5'8" would probably not be in the same category as someone who's 6'2" (unless it's a very small event)

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
How am I wrong when my category is divided into 2 height groups. 5 ft 8 below and above. I'm sorry but please walk onto stage with no muscular definition and looking like a stick. How bout this, give insight and advise cause your comments come off as your a arrognant prick. Physique is all about looking like a your a conditioned fitness model but there are other factors that they judge on. I think I know the rules and attended shows so please keep your negative comments to yourself unless your find a way to disagree in a respectful way. Like I said this was going to be my first show and I'm taking advice from people have done them.

I'm not here to argue with someone I don't know, so please be mature

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Yes, **** hit the fan over night, not too happy about everything. I'll be stronger when its all over

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Yeah you didn't make sense, and your still wrong pretty much anyway you want to look at it, basically you don't know what your talking about. There are height divisions in men's physique. someone who's 5'8" would probably not be in the same category as someone who's 6'2" (unless it's a very small event)
http://www.ncmuscle.com/npc-rules-and-regulations/npc-mens-physique-division-rules-and-regulations/

Read and learn and this should sqaush any issue we both disagree on. Thank you

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
NPC qualifier for Virginia beach men's physique and bodybuilding is July 28. Hope to see some you guys out there, ill be back stage getting my coach ready. Hopefully some of you can come and see, ill be taking pictures of the physique qualifier.

Love life is in a wreck but after 2 days I'm still able to keep my head on my shoulders and be strong diet is back on track and training with my coach tomorrow.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Fit model, I hope to compete against you one day.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for eventual pics updates

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Fit model, I hope to compete against you one day.
Sounds good. I'm in CA but expecting to go to some national events next year. BTW. All the CA and national events have at least 4 height divisions (A, B, C, D, etc.)

How am I wrong when my category is divided into 2 height groups. 5 ft 8 below and above. I'm sorry but please walk onto stage with no muscular definition and looking like a stick. How bout this, give insight and advise cause your comments come off as your a arrognant prick. Physique is all about looking like a your a conditioned fitness model but there are other factors that they judge on. I think I know the rules and attended shows so please keep your negative comments to yourself unless your find a way to disagree in a respectful way. Like I said this was going to be my first show and I'm taking advice from people have done them.

I'm not here to argue with someone I don't know, so please be mature
I'm not arguing with you. But i still think your numbers are inaccurate. I guess we can agree to disagree...

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Thank you for your kind words. Yes my weight was little off, when I'm done cutting i need to ve at roughly 185. CA is where they started the physique last year so it grew,here in VA its not as big. Sat is our NPC qualifier. I'll post pics for Yall and of progress next week. Scale says 217. Once I cut the sus and move to a shorter ester with my whinny I should be alright. Anavar isn't my style. Just got to stick with my diet

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
And I say 185 cause football made my lower body biiiiigggggg. So its hard to lose my size in my legs but my calves will stand out, I guess I should be thanking my Texas football coaches for that

sprintstar01

Awards
And I say 185 cause football made my lower body biiiiigggggg. So its hard to lose my size in my legs but my calves will stand out, I guess I should be thanking my Texas football coaches for that
Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I ran collegiate track and my legs are my best asset. I don't want to lose my legs or my calves!

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Well i am a big boy, but didnt play college, wish I would have looking back on it. I did 6 years in the navy which was a great experience. from Texas but decided to stay in va beach cause I liked it so much.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
K, just went lenda murry classic and watched the men's physique , very conditioned guys but nothing special. Coach placed 1st his division 2 nd overall

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
K, just went lenda murry classic and watched the men's physique , very conditioned guys but nothing special. Coach placed 1st his division 2 nd overall
awesome man thats good stuff. how many weeks out are you now?

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
17 weeksin November doing a show in north carolina, its all just about diet, I'm big enough

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
17 weeksin November doing a show in north carolina, its all just about diet, I'm big enough

Ya you are man 17 weeks you got this no problem. whats your diet like or daily macros anyway?

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Ya you are man 17 weeks you got this no problem. whats your diet like or daily macros anyway?
Breakfast
1/2 cup oatmeal
5 egg whites 1 whole
Bannana
Meal 2
Meal 3
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup of white rice
Meal 4
Pre workout
1/2 white rice
Post workout
Dinner

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Breakfast
1/2 cup oatmeal
5 egg whites 1 whole
Bannana
Meal 2
Meal 3
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup of white rice
Meal 4
Pre workout
1/2 white rice
Post workout
Dinner

Diet is very similar to mine thanks for posting. Do you cycle carbs or do you always keep them pretty low?

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Yes I always try to eat carbs an hour before the gym or ill be a slug bug

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
i'm sooo far out from contest prep that i havent even dropped carbs, and i believe i need them and so does my coach for the hour cardio then weight training afterwards. He always tells me wait til you have no carbs and you try to do this workout, and your going to hate life. speaking of distilled water ill start that as well but not until 4 weeks out or so. remember this contest is in 16 weeks in first week of november. I got tough mudder coming up in September for my fellow soldiers but yeah i cheat. I believe i'm aloud. But when it comes 10 to 8 weeks out is grim time. Trust me i'm shedding fat very fast. Especially for the amount i didnt even knew i had. I feel like im actaull smaller i hate it. My arms feel smaller my legs do too. Its almost like i always want to be bulky but i get complements saying i look bigger. Thats my biggest mental blockage. Please give your insight and your recommendations cause i'm open ears. Everybody's body works different. I would like to hear why you dont think its a good idea to eat only carbs before a workout

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well for starters the mass amount of insulin that's released. High insulin levels during your workout blunt fat burning. Unless its a CKD/TKD and your diet is clearly not that. Protein and fat help lower the glycemic load and better use those carbs. You're not a marathon runner, you're trying to be a bodybuilder or physique competitor.

Judging from pictures, you're over 17% bodyfat. You're going to want to hit crunch time well before 8 weeks also. I haven't cheated since 15 weeks out (2 weeks out currently) and I sit at 182, started 226. carbs have never been higher than 200 the entire prep. No reason to set weight goals when appearance is all that matters.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Thank you, for your enlightment. I strickly do what coach says so most of my information comes from him. Your completly right about weight. Its all about my apperance and yes i'm at a higher bodyfat than i want to be. I sit right now at 210 and started at 225.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
Its hard to stay focus for all of this when going through a divorce. Stress is through the roof

h3rnandez

h3rnandez

Awards
Its hard to stay focus for all of this when going through a divorce. Stress is through the roof
I know it's a tough time your going through but you've got to stay strong bro,

When are you posting some more progress pics?