Need some advice and feedback!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, for those of you who do not know what I've been up to lately - I've recently finished up a 7 week cutting cycle and am about to start a Triptorelin/Clomid PCT. During this time I will continue to try and cut BF down using Dexaprine, low dose Pheraplex (10mg/day), IGF-1 DES and Ipamorelin/CJC combo. Consider my PCT a bridge to a bulk cycle which I have decided to start around the end of the year.

What I need ADVICE on:

1) How to successfully build my chest to a better proportion with my shoulders
2) How to get unparalleled seperation in the legs, particularly in the quads
3) Advice on my next cutting cycle in early/mid summer (as in what compounds to use, training regime, and how long to cut)

What I need FEEDBACK on:

1) The pics/proportions
2) A guess at my BF?
3) Anything else you'd like to add

Next Bulk Cycle will include:

Test-E - 500mg/wk @ 12 weeks
EQ - 500mg/week @ 12 weeks
SD - 20mg/wk only wks 3-6
Mast E - 200mg/wk wks 1-10

I want you guys to help me along the way to prepare for next summer's competitions. I'll be a novice and hopefully weighing in between 165-175lbs. Currently, I am 5'5" @ 156lbs.

Lightweight class < 165.25lbs
Middle weight 165.5-185.25lbs ( I think)
Heavy weight 185.5+

The Pics:

Thanks ahead of time, guys!

Attachments

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone? I've got plenty of time to wait for repsonses tho.

Hmmm..I need to get more popular on this board. Seems like it's the same 10 guys that get all the attention. Nothing changes after high school it seems.

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
You're looking good bud. I'm right around the same stats, 5'5" 165 and ~7%. I also have a little bit of the same problem. What has worked for me, and looks like it'll work for you, is incline dumbbell bench, but use the lowest incline setting possible so it's almost flat. Do half of your chest work there and then come up a peg. 3 sets each. Or for your second three sets move to the incline barbell and go finish your heavy compound with that. Can you honestly say you haven't neglected your incline training?

edit:
one more thing, if you move to the barbell use a wide grip. it'll be heavy so you'll have to go light but it'll be more than worth it.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, before my cycle I was not neglecting my incline training at all. However, I was doing a normal incline setting with a normal width on barbell incline presses. Currently, I can incline bench 225 X 5 reps or so but this is mainly because of my shoulders. I never considered going super wide grip on incline, but it makes sense tho. Seems like that might isolate the chest more and reduce the shoulder usage in the motion. I'll take this advice seriously since I have not done either of these types of workouts yet and even better you seem to share much in common with me.

Thanks again, sir.

HodgeFitness

Awards
Another thing you can try is reerse grip flat bench. It targets the upper chest which is hard to believe but I tried it and felt a graet pump in my upper chest. Also agree with playing with the settings on the incline bench. Different people benefit from different angles, you just have to keep experimenting until you find the setting or form that gives you the best pump. Try arching your back a little to take the front delts out of the exervise as well.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I appreciate it bud. In a few weeks I might add more pics to update. Currently, I've been adding lots of #1 setting incline dumbbell bench and super wide grip incline barbell bench. So far it's working but I'll need to pull a few other compound movements out to keep the gains going. On a pump, my chest looks great and has seen much better results since I've implemented DB to the mix..

PIKEstrong

Awards
You said you want to better porportion your chest to your shoulders?

I don't think doing incline/reverse grip compound movements are what you want to use (mainly because your shoulders will dominate the lift, especially in incline presses).

I would stick to DB flat bench and weighted dip exercises. The combo of the two will allow you to maximize chest muscle stimulation (lower + upper) without worrying about your shoulders dominating the lift.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You said you want to better porportion your chest to your shoulders?

I don't think doing incline/reverse grip compound movements are what you want to use (mainly because your shoulders will dominate the lift, especially in incline presses).

I would stick to DB flat bench and weighted dip exercises. The combo of the two will allow you to maximize chest muscle stimulation (lower + upper) without worrying about your shoulders dominating the lift.
Good point! It's ridiculous how much further along my shoulders are. Even more frustrating is that I don't even work them out too often.

For instance, I can press 100lb DB's on a low-setting incline bench press. But I can do 80lb DB's on shoulder presses. On military presses I can do nearly 200lbs as a 1 rep max. Honestly tho, if I had to pick an upper body muscle group to be genetically gifted in - I'd still pick the shoulders. What is a good chest without a lumpy set of shoulders? Chest is ideal for a beach body look but shoulders are essential for a broad "powerful" look when it comes to BB'ing. So I guess I should just count my blessings. Maybe I'll incorporate Synthol one of these days, lol..

HodgeFitness

Awards
I just did chest yesterday and arched my back a little (incline presses only) and got a wider grip, getting a good stretch on the way down, and my chest is more sore today than it has been in awhile. Hope all of our advice helps you man.

PIKEstrong

Awards
Good point! It's ridiculous how much further along my shoulders are. Even more frustrating is that I don't even work them out too often.

For instance, I can press 100lb DB's on a low-setting incline bench press. But I can do 80lb DB's on shoulder presses. On military presses I can do nearly 200lbs as a 1 rep max. Honestly tho, if I had to pick an upper body muscle group to be genetically gifted in - I'd still pick the shoulders. What is a good chest without a lumpy set of shoulders? Chest is ideal for a beach body look but shoulders are essential for a broad "powerful" look when it comes to BB'ing. So I guess I should just count my blessings. Maybe I'll incorporate Synthol one of these days, lol..
Yeah dude, i unfortunately have weak shoulder development. I work hard at widening my shoulders and lats to get that powerful look.

You were blessed with shoulders i was blessed with 17" calves without working them once, we're all lucky in some ways ;)

SoCalMuscle

SoCalMuscle

Awards
Hmmm..I need to get more popular on this board. Seems like it's the same 10 guys that get all the attention. Nothing changes after high school it seems.
So true...

But I had the same problem as you because of my long arms my shoulder would catch the load over my chest. What I used was the wide grip incline like some one said above but I would do it on the smith so could really load the weight up on there and super-set it incline fly's. And save worrying about the separation in you legs for when you do you cut precontest just get them big now.

why do you have sd wks 3-6?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So true...

But I had the same problem as you because of my long arms my shoulder would catch the load over my chest. What I used was the wide grip incline like some one said above but I would do it on the smith so could really load the weight up on there and super-set it incline fly's. And save worrying about the separation in you legs for when you do you cut precontest just get them big now.

why do you have sd wks 3-6?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone finally asked! I've used SD 3 different times in the past all of which were pretty fun results. It does get me bigger and stronger no doubt, but I personally want to run it in conjunction with other hormones that have "kicked in". Especially the EQ. After a few weeks on EQ is supposed to give great appetite stimulation and I'm counting on the added anabolic activity and appetite from the Test and EQ to help me get the most out of my SD. Plus, the EQ will have completely kicked in by week 6 allowing me to have even more leverage at holding my SD gains steady. So really, I hope to put on 15lbs with SD and solidify it over the next 6 weeks afterward with the T/EQ combo.

But the real reason I want to do it like this is to experience 20mg of SD + 500mg Test + 500mg EQ at all full strength, lol.

Fun fun fun. Should see 15% increase in strength or more...and I forgot to add that I will also be using 200mg Masteron for it's anti-estrogen/hardening effects to help keep the physique from getting too bloated.

SoCalMuscle

SoCalMuscle

Awards
I like the sound of that and would like to hear what you think about it too.

SizeUp

Awards
I started doing incline on a 45 degree with scalpula pulled together in smith so you can focus more on squeeze... and then finishing w/ incline db at a 30 degree... did it for a few months its much thicker up by the clavical now.. I'd start hitting tri's hard.. but honestly you're pretty balanced. Seems like you could put on a good amount of size w/ your plan. I applaud the organization