Contest prep guys - non-contest guy need some tips!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Alright, not a competition like you guys but I could use some of the tips and tricks you guys use. I entered the BSN Finish First Body Transformation contest and while it's still a ways away I am looking for info on how to make sure my 'after' pics look as good as possible. I figure some of the stuff you do before a comp could also apply to me before my last day photo's.

I am training hard, diet on point, etc (thanks to many of you on here). So if someone can give me some cliffs on how to look the best for photo purposes for my after pics I would very much appreciate it. I have read a bunch and there seems to be all kinds of stuff out there. I wont be doing anything crazy just some of the better, simpler ideas.

I should have visible abs by then, I'll make sure I get a tan and thats about all I got right now!

Thanks for any/all input you can give me!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
anyone? I dont want your inside trade secrets just some general tips...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone? I dont want your inside trade secrets just some general tips...
You're being a little general I think, ask specific questions and I will answer, there is a lot of difference in the way different people prep as well. I am by no means an expert as there are aspects I still find perplexing but conditioning is the most important thing. Good conditioning slays a lot of dragons.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Thanks for the reply...

basically I was looking for anything to look as cut as possible on picture day. I have read some things but would prefer to hear it from people that actually do it. For example someone suggested I drink decaf coffee and vodka the night before and that way I will be dehydrated the next morning and will look better in a picture. Everyone says get a tan as it will emphasize your cuts more in a photo.

other things I have heard was goto 0 carbs the week before photo day and then carb up the night before.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the reply...

basically I was looking for anything to look as cut as possible on picture day. I have read some things but would prefer to hear it from people that actually do it. For example someone suggested I drink decaf coffee and vodka the night before and that way I will be dehydrated the next morning and will look better in a picture. Everyone says get a tan as it will emphasize your cuts more in a photo.

other things I have heard was goto 0 carbs the week before photo day and then carb up the night before.
I am using a herbal duretic.. called Ripped Freak when has dandelion root. I know this works well for me cuz there is a small amount in EPI-V and it has made a magnificent difference.

MikeKumelski

Awards
When is your shoot and how is your conditioning now? Stang the fact of going carbless for a period of time will flatten you out. You will need to see how your body responds to carbing up and going without carbs. There is not one thing that works for everyone. Your body is going to respond to a lack of carbs differently. I encourage you to work with your diet and take some before and after pictures weekly. The diuretics work if you are already lean but that can also flatten you out. Try out some fat burners such as dexaprine from IForce and TT-33 also from IForce. I would also encourage you for your fat burning to do some interval cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and follow your workout with 30 minutes of stairmill after your workout as well. Be clean on your diet and make sure you looking at your progress photos. Best of luck to you.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah if you use duretics make sure you get potassium in you, I know some have that in it though. Stick with the herbal ones.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple tips that I use;

- Herbal diuretic.
- Low carb for a couple of weeks prior, carbing up when necessary and prior to the photo.
- Drop water intake (big difference, I only did it for one day prior to my shoot as it wasn't a big deal but it definitely helps).
- Alcohol. I try a glass or two of wine. An olympian bodybuilder recommended to me a pint of wine with a large steak every evening for a week prior to the shoot.
- Tan.
- Oil.
- NO product of choice before the shot.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Simple tips that I use;

- Herbal diuretic.
- Low carb for a couple of weeks prior, carbing up when necessary and prior to the photo.
- Drop water intake (big difference, I only did it for one day prior to my shoot as it wasn't a big deal but it definitely helps).
- Alcohol. I try a glass or two of wine. An olympian bodybuilder recommended to me a pint of wine with a large steak every evening for a week prior to the shoot.
- Tan.
- Oil.
- NO product of choice before the shot.
Yah all good tips, can't do the alcohol myself...

Another thing that works good for me is a bath in epson salts...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
thanks guys I MUCH appreciate it! Any little bit helps I think...

MikeKumelski

Awards
I would do a few sample trials of the herbal diuretics for a few weeks to make sure you know how to stay full and not flatten out as you dry out. Timing is everything with every photo shoot or competition. The most important out of all of it is if you dont have really low body fat percentage, pulling the water will not do much. Be as lean and as peeled as you can. Keep us posted as to how your shoot goes and the results.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
For water - slim your supplement intake a week ahead of time. Cut out yohimbe especialy. Go get XTract or MHP XPel for a diuretic. Theres some tricks to using distilled water instead of spring but its tricky and kinda dangerous as it flushes all your electrolytes/minerals. I would say 10 days out start the diuretic, a gallon of SPRING water day. About a week before switch to distilled for 2 days. Then go back to spring and slowly taper down to the day before to cut it off late evening.

HItting this is tough. You could look too flat if you drop too much and hurt your kidneys. My suggestion is dont go extreme unless you have someone knowledgable watching you.

Carb up - low carb for a few weeks prior. Higher rep sets to keep glycogen stores low. A week before do 2 days of a full body circuit at 30-45% max. Continue that intensity till a couple days away. Start carbing up 2 days before with a sweet potato post workout. Then have 4 more spread out day before - the last two be starchy carbs. The morning of evaluate where you are, have a few egg whites and add 100g carbs if you think you need it.

Start tanning. 2-3 times a week if your OK with that. Get some ProTan and a friend. You can do a spray tan yourself, dont waste your money. Apply 2 coats the night before, then again the morning of.

Throw back a shot of brandy or red wine an hour before photo time - itll relax your mood and vasodilate. There are products like Hot Stuff that will do the same. Ive used hot stuff but the application process sucks, the spray cap sticks. If your having trouble with mild wetness is remote areas - Preparation H the day before.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
thanks bro!! Its just a self taken photo for a "body transformation" contest so it's nothing big really... I am not going to go too crazy about it but just want to make sure my last day photo is as good as it can get.

I didnt need the motivation but I entered because well.. I was doing it anyway so the idea of possibly winning a nice vacation and its free to enter made it an easy decision.

Thanks for all the input...