Lost 16 lbs the first week of cutting?!

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just wondering how normal this is? I am kinda freaking out but I think it is mostly water/reduced food intake. I reduced my calories from to 4500 to 2500. Also working landscaping.

I lost 1.5 inches off my waist while losing 1/4 in. off my arms. Weight went from 215 to 199lbs. I feel like I will continue the same cals this week and if I lose more than 2 lbs I will slightly increase cals. Does this sound like a good idea?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys just wondering how normal this is? I am kinda freaking out but I think it is mostly water/reduced food intake. I reduced my calories from to 4500 to 2500. Also working landscaping.

I lost 1.5 inches off my waist while losing 1/4 in. off my arms. Weight went from 215 to 199lbs. I feel like I will continue the same cals this week and if I lose more than 2 lbs I will slightly increase cals. Does this sound like a good idea?
It's not really normal unless you are pretty fat to begin with, I would say. Most of it would have been food and water weight, yes, but also considering that you cut your caloric intake by almost HALF over a week - pretty drastic, by the way, and not recommended - some of it probably was muscle mass, as well as perhaps a little bodyfat. If you want fat loss, then there is no need to be so dramatic - you want to lose ~0.5% bodyfat a week, if you want to maintain and manage your fat loss easily without "rebounding" once you return to eating normally. Honestly, find out what your Maintenance is and have only 200-500 calories below that, adjusting your caloric intake weekly based on your progress and results from that week.

~Rosie~

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
16lbs in a week? - don't see how that than can all be fat/water/food unless you're hovering around 30%+ BF.

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
I'm confident that the majority of that was water weight. Same thing happened to me.

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
I'm confident that the majority of that was water weight. Same thing happened to me.
Yea thats what i'm hoping bro! I went from pretty high carbs to only 75 grams a day. Also I'm taking test and deca.

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
So you're cutting on test and deca?

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
It's not really normal unless you are pretty fat to begin with, I would say. Most of it would have been food and water weight, yes, but also considering that you cut your caloric intake by almost HALF over a week - pretty drastic, by the way, and not recommended - some of it probably was muscle mass, as well as perhaps a little bodyfat. If you want fat loss, then there is no need to be so dramatic - you want to lose ~0.5% bodyfat a week, if you want to maintain and manage your fat loss easily without "rebounding" once you return to eating normally. Honestly, find out what your Maintenance is and have only 200-500 calories below that, adjusting your caloric intake weekly based on your progress and results from that week.

~Rosie~
I should have mentioned that i'm taking steroids so any less then 1% would be bad results at leats at first.

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
So you're cutting on test and deca?
Yes, with 500mg of sust and 300mg of deca a week. Well i have been bulking for the past 8 weeks on it and am about 12% bodyfat. I started cutting cause I am working landscaping and it was making it almost impossible to get all my cals in. Do you think I should just keep bulking? I am pretty lean with a 31.5" waist.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea thats what i'm hoping bro! I went from pretty high carbs to only 75 grams a day. Also I'm taking test and deca.
I should have mentioned that i'm taking steroids so any less then 1% would be bad results at leats at first.
A large majority of it would have been water weight - although, doesn't have to be; I take in a lot of carbohydrates and don't drop that much water if I went low. The hormonals makes a difference, but still, 16 pounds in one week, even from water and food weight - as I said before, usually would only happen for someone who had a lot of bodyfat to lose, not someone who was already relatively lean and only needed to lose a few more percent bodyfat.

~Rosie~

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
Yes, with 500mg of sust and 300mg of deca a week. Well i have been bulking for the past 8 weeks on it and am about 12% bodyfat. I started cutting cause I am working landscaping and it was making it almost impossible to get all my cals in. Do you think I should just keep bulking? I am pretty lean with a 31.5" waist.
It's your body I can't say what to do but all I know is my upcomming cycle is Test/Deca/Dbol and I'm going to be eating well over 4000 calories a day to get to the most gains possible.

I can cut off-cycle with diet and ECstack/clen.

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
It's your body I can't say what to do but all I know is my upcomming cycle is Test/Deca/Dbol and I'm going to be eating well over 4000 calories a day to get to the most gains possible.

I can cut off-cycle with diet and ECstack/clen.
Thanks for your help man you seem to know what you are talking about. I gonna keep bulking might as well get all the gains that I can as it is my first cycle! Gonna throw in some dbol into my cycle also. How many cycles have you done btw?

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your help man you seem to know what you are talking about. I gonna keep bulking might as well get all the gains that I can as it is my first cycle! Gonna throw in some dbol into my cycle also. How many cycles have you done btw?
I've only done one which was Test-E@500mg for 12 weeks along with a bottle of Beastdrol and Epi-Strong (both PH's I believe). Standard PCT. Pretty good gains, was impressed.

2nd cycle I'm starting in 2 weeks is 500mg Test-E for 12 weeks, 400mg Deca for 10 weeks, and jump-starting the cycle with 40mg of Dbol everyday for 4 weeks. Got Aromasin and hCG to take during cycle and still deciding on how I want to dose my PCT.