Lost 16 lbs the first week of cutting?! - AnabolicMinds.com

Lost 16 lbs the first week of cutting?!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Lost 16 lbs the first week of cutting?!

Hey guys just wondering how normal this is? I am kinda freaking out but I think it is mostly water/reduced food intake. I reduced my calories from to 4500 to 2500. Also working landscaping.

I lost 1.5 inches off my waist while losing 1/4 in. off my arms. Weight went from 215 to 199lbs. I feel like I will continue the same cals this week and if I lose more than 2 lbs I will slightly increase cals. Does this sound like a good idea?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

how quickly did you reduce calories?
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jason1000 View Post
    Hey guys just wondering how normal this is? I am kinda freaking out but I think it is mostly water/reduced food intake. I reduced my calories from to 4500 to 2500. Also working landscaping.

I lost 1.5 inches off my waist while losing 1/4 in. off my arms. Weight went from 215 to 199lbs. I feel like I will continue the same cals this week and if I lose more than 2 lbs I will slightly increase cals. Does this sound like a good idea?
    It's not really normal unless you are pretty fat to begin with, I would say. Most of it would have been food and water weight, yes, but also considering that you cut your caloric intake by almost HALF over a week - pretty drastic, by the way, and not recommended - some of it probably was muscle mass, as well as perhaps a little bodyfat. If you want fat loss, then there is no need to be so dramatic - you want to lose ~0.5% bodyfat a week, if you want to maintain and manage your fat loss easily without "rebounding" once you return to eating normally. Honestly, find out what your Maintenance is and have only 200-500 calories below that, adjusting your caloric intake weekly based on your progress and results from that week.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

16lbs in a week? - don't see how that than can all be fat/water/food unless you're hovering around 30%+ BF.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

I'm confident that the majority of that was water weight. Same thing happened to me.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy A View Post
    I'm confident that the majority of that was water weight. Same thing happened to me.
    Yea thats what i'm hoping bro! I went from pretty high carbs to only 75 grams a day. Also I'm taking test and deca.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

So you're cutting on test and deca?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It's not really normal unless you are pretty fat to begin with, I would say. Most of it would have been food and water weight, yes, but also considering that you cut your caloric intake by almost HALF over a week - pretty drastic, by the way, and not recommended - some of it probably was muscle mass, as well as perhaps a little bodyfat. If you want fat loss, then there is no need to be so dramatic - you want to lose ~0.5% bodyfat a week, if you want to maintain and manage your fat loss easily without "rebounding" once you return to eating normally. Honestly, find out what your Maintenance is and have only 200-500 calories below that, adjusting your caloric intake weekly based on your progress and results from that week.

~Rosie~
    I should have mentioned that i'm taking steroids so any less then 1% would be bad results at leats at first.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

So you're cutting on test and deca?
    Yes, with 500mg of sust and 300mg of deca a week. Well i have been bulking for the past 8 weeks on it and am about 12% bodyfat. I started cutting cause I am working landscaping and it was making it almost impossible to get all my cals in. Do you think I should just keep bulking? I am pretty lean with a 31.5" waist.
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea thats what i'm hoping bro! I went from pretty high carbs to only 75 grams a day. Also I'm taking test and deca.
    I should have mentioned that i'm taking steroids so any less then 1% would be bad results at leats at first.
    A large majority of it would have been water weight - although, doesn't have to be; I take in a lot of carbohydrates and don't drop that much water if I went low. The hormonals makes a difference, but still, 16 pounds in one week, even from water and food weight - as I said before, usually would only happen for someone who had a lot of bodyfat to lose, not someone who was already relatively lean and only needed to lose a few more percent bodyfat.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

Yes, with 500mg of sust and 300mg of deca a week. Well i have been bulking for the past 8 weeks on it and am about 12% bodyfat. I started cutting cause I am working landscaping and it was making it almost impossible to get all my cals in. Do you think I should just keep bulking? I am pretty lean with a 31.5" waist.
    It's your body I can't say what to do but all I know is my upcomming cycle is Test/Deca/Dbol and I'm going to be eating well over 4000 calories a day to get to the most gains possible.

I can cut off-cycle with diet and ECstack/clen.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

It's your body I can't say what to do but all I know is my upcomming cycle is Test/Deca/Dbol and I'm going to be eating well over 4000 calories a day to get to the most gains possible.

I can cut off-cycle with diet and ECstack/clen.
    Thanks for your help man you seem to know what you are talking about. I gonna keep bulking might as well get all the gains that I can as it is my first cycle! Gonna throw in some dbol into my cycle also. How many cycles have you done btw?
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

Thanks for your help man you seem to know what you are talking about. I gonna keep bulking might as well get all the gains that I can as it is my first cycle! Gonna throw in some dbol into my cycle also. How many cycles have you done btw?
    I've only done one which was Test-E@500mg for 12 weeks along with a bottle of Beastdrol and Epi-Strong (both PH's I believe). Standard PCT. Pretty good gains, was impressed.

2nd cycle I'm starting in 2 weeks is 500mg Test-E for 12 weeks, 400mg Deca for 10 weeks, and jump-starting the cycle with 40mg of Dbol everyday for 4 weeks. Got Aromasin and hCG to take during cycle and still deciding on how I want to dose my PCT.

Similar Forum Threads

1. lost 15lbs in 1 week...
    By lemon in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 06:03 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:37 PM
  3. Last week of cutting
    By luisfershredd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
  4. 8 Week cutting cycle