!!!Tanning Advice!!!

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
Everyone knows that a good tan makes toned muscles look amazing....The problem is that I am kinda fair skinned-Not to the point that I'm covered with freckles and JUST burn, but I just can't seem to tan indoors. I can tan outside, but I just can't seem to get dark from indoor tanning. Are there any tips or supplements that will pull more color from my skin? Any advice helps---I ALREADY KNOW THAT TANNING IS BAD---Thanks:mischievous:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone knows that a good tan makes toned muscles look amazing....The problem is that I am kinda fair skinned-Not to the point that I'm covered with freckles and JUST burn, but I just can't seem to tan indoors. I can tan outside, but I just can't seem to get dark from indoor tanning. Are there any tips or supplements that will pull more color from my skin? Any advice helps---I ALREADY KNOW THAT TANNING IS BAD---Thanks:mischievous:
If you're talking for competition, then just apply a coat of DreamTan (cream) the night before and another one on the morning of the competition, and you should be fine.

~Rosie~

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If I'm not mistaken Dennis Wolf doesn't tan. Doesn't want to risk the skin cancer. Just go with a bronzer like DreamTan or Jan Tana.

If you're using the old school paint on stuff, make sure you shower between coats. If you apply a coat on top of another coat your tan will be uneven and you could potentially walk on stage looking like a burnt potato chip.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're hitting the bed, use lotion - it makes a difference. I'm pretty fair skinned and freckled at that (sucks, because it hides a lot of my definition and veins lol :p) and I'm the same as you in terms of being able to get pretty darn dark outdoors in the summer time, but not as much in the bed. Get a good tanning lotion - don't go for the cheap-o stuff.

onemind1body

onemind1body

Awards
  • Established
Search for this lotion called Maui babe . It's a all natural tanning lotion made in Hawaii. It is stunning. Works for indoor and outdoor use. I'm serious this stuff turns anyone brown and doesn't contain dyes. It is the local secret

JorDrol

Awards
you should use ProTan, ive seen it work best on fare skinned people. Dream tan is my favorite though. if you decide to use dream tan you should make sure you really exfoliate before you apply the first coat and once it some what dries up put a sweat shirt and sweat pants on until you go to the "pump room" and have someone touch it up. if you do more coats than that it might look too dark.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I use pro tan as a base, and then dream tan before stage. several coats of pro tan too.

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
start at a simple 5min of tanning. see what happens the next day, most likely you will be perfectly fine. I am VERY fair skinned and this worked well for me. then 2 days after your first tanning session, do another 5min...do 5min every other day for 1 week. Afterward, increase that to 7min/day for 1 week, then 9min, etc. I get breakouts from the oil in tanning lotions, so I don't use any tanning lotion at all. You should be perfectly fine with this method :) For my shows, I do a professional spray tan the day before and then touch-up in the pump up room before stepping on stage. If you do go that route, do NOT use deodorant or you will turn green. Trust me...

956Vette

Awards
Look up melanotan.
Melanotan One (MT-1) in particular. Melanotan II will likely be too much (super potent peptide would make freckles/sun damage DARK). Any new thoughts or info to share OP?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Pro tan, and then a bronzer with the sheen in it for stage time. I used to use dream tan.

leanbody

leanbody

Awards
Melanotan One (MT-1) in particular. Melanotan II will likely be too much (super potent peptide would make freckles/sun damage DARK). Any new thoughts or info to share OP?
Dude - i'm sold on this - got me hella tan in just a few weeks. very little tanniing booth time

Eddinho08

Eddinho08

Awards
How far of a competition would you use the protan?? Or any tan lotion?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
3 days out or 2 days. You will do your last shave and exfoliate the skin on thursday morning depending on how fast your body hair grows back. Then start applying on thursday. Let each coat dry, use a hair dryer if needed. Then apply again till desired shade is reached.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I per jan tana high def comp color. I apply lotion all over starting 2 weeks out and exfoliate every day. Thursday morning before show I shave my body.. friday mid afternoon I apply 1st coat. Friday night, 2nd coat. Sat morning, rinse off, apply another coat. After pre-judging, rinse off, before going back I apply another coat.

The rinsing off prevents build up.. i have my own airbrush compressor so it only takes me 2 mins to tan my whole body.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
Bodybuilding Contest Preperation 1
General Chat 3