What are the best and easiest to use self tanners?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I travel overseas on occasion, and will be unable to get my light bi-weekly tanning session in.

Title says it all, whats the best and easiest to use self tanners?

Im not interested in oral drugs such as melatonin II or other supplement tanners, just something applied externally.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I travel overseas on occasion, and will be unable to get my light bi-weekly tanning session in.

Title says it all, whats the best and easiest to use self tanners?

Im not interested in oral drugs such as melatonin II or other supplement tanners, just something applied externally.
Just use a moistorizer that helps enhance your skin's natural melanin levels and darken your colour as you use it. There's quite a few good ones out there from brands like L'Oreal Paris, Garnier, etc. - I personally like and use L'Oreal Paris' Sublime Bronze Self Tanning SPF 15 Medium Natural Tan or Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer + Natural Skin Tone Enhancer (Medium) if I feel like I'm getting too pale.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
f*ck melanotan II.

That sh*T is horrible.

I have a whole bottle in my freezer.

It KILLS appetite, makes you feel like you are hung over, gives you dizzy spells, gives you raging wood for no reason, and makes ANY scares/bumps turn super dark, not to mention any moles go STRAIGHT black.

D

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Just use a moistorizer that helps enhance your skin's natural melanin levels and darken your colour as you use it. There's quite a few good ones out there from brands like L'Oreal Paris, Garnier, etc. - I personally like and use L'Oreal Paris' Sublime Bronze Self Tanning SPF 15 Medium Natural Tan or Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer + Natural Skin Tone Enhancer (Medium) if I feel like I'm getting too pale.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman
Those products (I found three) look good, but doesn't it get expensive applying the stuff all the time? The L'Oreal website suggests two times a week, with occasional touch-ups as needed.

(it doesn't list the prices of their products, but I'm sure they are are not cheap!)

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
f*ck melanotan II.

That sh*T is horrible.

I have a whole bottle in my freezer.

It KILLS appetite, makes you feel like you are hung over, gives you dizzy spells, gives you raging wood for no reason, and makes ANY scares/bumps turn super dark, not to mention any moles go STRAIGHT black.
Cant wait to try that **** :D..
Got a vial comin soon!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those products (I found three) look good, but doesn't it get expensive applying the stuff all the time? The L'Oreal website suggests two times a week, with occasional touch-ups as needed.

(it doesn't list the prices of their products, but I'm sure they are are not cheap!)
They're not expensive at all - no more than what a daily body moisturizer (which I think one should use anyways) costs. I used them daily when I require more of a tan, instead of a body moisturizer, since they act as one. You don't have to use them all the time, just when you want to.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They're not expensive at all - no more than what a daily body moisturizer (which I think one should use anyways) costs. I used them daily when I require more of a tan, instead of a body moisturizer, since they act as one. You don't have to use them all the time, just when you want to.
Yeah, and in my case its really when Im traveling that I need it so I wouldnt be spending much money at all.

Do you use it on your face Rosie?

Also, is it light scented? And do you think using it only at night is efficient? I just hate carrying a scent with me, lol

D

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Also, does shaving make the product fade faster?

I would guess that it would, as I am sure a small layer of skin comes off with one's hair while shaving (body and/or face).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, and in my case its really when Im traveling that I need it so I wouldnt be spending much money at all.

Do you use it on your face Rosie?

Also, is it light scented? And do you think using it only at night is efficient?
I just hate carrying a scent with me, lol
I never use it on my face - I have very sensitive skin and I stick to only certain products on my face.

It has a scent, yes - whether one would call it light or strong is individual-dependent.

Applying only at night is fine, IMO. Just leave it on for ~8 hours before having a shower, and apply immediately post-shower, after having exfoliated pre-shower, to make it last longer.

Also, does shaving make the product fade faster?

I would guess that it would, as I am sure a small layer of skin comes off with one's hair while shaving (body and/or face).
I never found that, no.

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
S

steve74

Awards
My wife is an aesthetician and does everything she can to keep her skin looking perfect, she wont set foot in a tanning bed. She constantly gets compliments on her tan, it's a rub on. She uses the st tropez self tanner.

The one she has pumps out like foam, so im assuming its the mousse version.
I'm not sure if the one they carry at the spa is stronger then the retail version, I vaguely remember it saying level 3 or stage 3 or something on the bottle.

I've used it a couple times myself, looks 100% natural, no orange.
It does look kinda splotchy at first when you apply it, that goes away after you shower and it ends up looking nice and even. she usually puts it on before bed and showers in the morning.