Contests and body hair

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Can you compete in an ametuer contest sporting a nice amount of body hair.

Im a person who loves bodybuilding, but is offset by the overglossed, feminine way bodybuilders look.

In other words, would they disqualify you, or would they just take off points?

I would just want to prove a point that you can show you muscles, without giving up your hair. Of course a nice tan and everything else for contest prep.

I think it would be interested to see a guy sporting some hair.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just cause someone shaves off body hair, that doesn't make them feminine bro. Hair distracts from muscle, and hides definition, end of story.

nynone

nynone

Awards
agreed, i keep myself hairless because i prefer it, and it makes it better to track my own progress in the off season. body hair keeps from showing definition, and imo doesn't make you more masculine. OP, go for it, enter with body hair, but i bet you would place better if you shaved/waxed it off

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When in Rome......

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
do what the Romans do... hence keep it baby's a$$ smooth. sounds gay, but makes my point
Word bro, thats how we roll.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree that its not gay. Its shows more definition. Lot of my friends thinks it looks gay, that why i asked. I have a lot of hair not a little, so ud definately could tell a mile a way i did. I guess i could just shave before a competition.

But dont u guy kno what im talk about, did u watch the arnold, melvin anthony in a pink thong, shaking his ass???lol

nynone

nynone

Awards
dude, keep it off year round. it's easier to track progress that way. kind of like body fat, keep it off and you see what's happening with your muscle. you're hair might trick you into thinking you need to shed a bit more fat before your competition. i get it off, keep it off, and show your muscles. be proud of them. if anyone gives you sh** about it, i'm sure you could handle the situation

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
dude, keep it off year round. it's easier to track progress that way. kind of like body fat, keep it off and you see what's happening with your muscle. you're hair might trick you into thinking you need to shed a bit more fat before your competition. i get it off, keep it off, and show your muscles. be proud of them. if anyone gives you sh** about it, i'm sure you could handle the situation
I am the situation:booty:

Thanks for your advice, ill keep it in consideration.

SWOLL

Awards
i hate hair personally, plus it looks a thousand times better without it. No need to look like a lumberjack

KimboBatista

Awards
If you wanna compete covered with body hair then I say go for it. I'm sure people have tried it before. However, I'm almost positive they didn't rank that great. If you like your body hair then that's something you're gonna have to get over when it comes to be competition time. If it's because you don't like having to take a razor all over your body then try Nair Speed Cream for Men. It smells funky, but I use it and it works great. The smoothness lasts days longer than what shaving does.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Does that Nair really work? I'm a hairy ass Italian and i shave my chest and stomach every 2-3 days... I use the Gillete Fusion and with shaving cream then the Skintimate, but i still get random ass ingrown hair...

BMCLouzee

I'm about to do a depilatory on my boyfriend for his picture day soon. I'll do a before, after, and review on it. He's super hairy and I suggested a depilatory because it will take less time for me to spread the cream, let it sit, and gently scrub it off than shave it with traditional razor and shaving cream. He has pretty coarse hair and I'm crossing my fingers that it will do the job all the way. I'll be using Avon hair removal cream. I'm a rep and get it for cheap. I've waxed him before, but it's painful and time consuming. I'd prefer to do it again because it lasts longer, so let's see if I can talk him into it.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
A co-worker of mine said "man you work so hard, the hair falls right off your arms" when he noticed my shaved arms lol.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah i agree that its not gay. Its shows more definition. Lot of my friends thinks it looks gay, that why i asked. I have a lot of hair not a little, so ud definately could tell a mile a way i did. I guess i could just shave before a competition.

But dont u guy kno what im talk about, did u watch the arnold, melvin anthony in a pink thong, shaking his ass???lol
We are all adults and I personally could care if my friends said what I did was gay or feminine. Try going to junior high/high school completely shaved when you are a white as a ghost in the winter for swimming. I did this every year of my life from 12-18, trust me it is ten times worse then the crap you get from your friends.

nynone

nynone

Awards
good for me I dont have to shave I just dont have hair at all I have just as much hair on my arms as my girl does
you're lucky. i have severe amounts on my arms, and legs. plus, the irony is nearly no back and chest hair haha