Fitness Atlantic 2009

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
Hi everyone. I am looking to enter my first fitness competition with the Fitness Atlantic 2009. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or even participated in this show. I was looking for a little help in differentiating between the categories of bikini, figure and model and the approximate bf and musculature to have. Also, where could I look for posing instruction? I've seen a few vids on youtube but nothing as in depth as I'd like. Should I pick up a posing coach? I welcome any advice in this area. I was thinking about doing a log leading up to the contest as well. Anyways, thanks!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone. I am looking to enter my first fitness competition with the Fitness Atlantic 2009. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or even participated in this show. I was looking for a little help in differentiating between the categories of bikini, figure and model and the approximate bf and musculature to have. Also, where could I look for posing instruction? I've seen a few vids on youtube but nothing as in depth as I'd like. Should I pick up a posing coach? I welcome any advice in this area. I was thinking about doing a log leading up to the contest as well. Anyways, thanks!
Sorry i wont be of much help, but im entering my first competition in russia this year, and my brother is former world, and current european fitness champion, viktor sharko, i know he has told me to get a posing instructor, otherwise you wont know the mistakes your making, it looks good in the mirror, but does it look good from all angles? Crader is the person to ask here, il pm her and she can help you out...Russian, hope everything goes well for you.:thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would definitely pick up a posing coach as the poses can make or break you.

The lines between all the different catagories can be sketchy. You might want to go to muscular development and look for that particular show in the contest picture section and review the winners and losers and see what seperates them.

That will at least give you a visual of that shows track record and a comparison to how you want to look.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh and you could try pm'ing holyintellect, he is an actual NPC judge. He might be willing to give you some advice.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I'm very excited to this but as I do more research it seems to be turning into an onion of information!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I'm very excited to this but as I do more research it seems to be turning into an onion of information!
There is a lot more to it than everyone thinks!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is a lot more to it than everyone thinks!
Aye, that is so true! And it is sooo expensive. My trainer is in the pro series and she had to order her suit..$2000.00 gasp! Then hair, nails and tan. Her own training and posing and diet costs. Entry fees etc..

She wants me to do shows but man, I have better things to do with that kind of money!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Aye, that is so true! And it is sooo expensive. My trainer is in the pro series and she had to order her suit..$2000.00 gasp! Then hair, nails and tan. Her own training and posing and diet costs. Entry fees etc..

She wants me to do shows but man, I have better things to do with that kind of money!
2 grand!..:bling:..for a bikini?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL thats what I said, since she is a sponsored pro, some of her sponsors put in some money. But she still pays for most of it. So I asked her, What does it look like..she says to me I pay for it but don't even get to pick the color!

I guess you are supposed to rely on them to tell you what looks best on you.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no really. 2 grand for a bikini!

LOL thats what I said, and one you don't even get to say what color it is..She is a pro competitor though, so I guess the stakes are higher.

She is sponsored by Met-Rx and a private sponsor. The private added $500 to throw in on it and Met-Rx ome too. But she still had a hefty bill to pay.

I guess no "sport" is without its costs.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that is you in your avatar you look very good FincaChick. :flowers1: :lol:

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
Yes, that is me but, I have a way to go. Thanks.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
LOL thats what I said, and one you don't even get to say what color it is..She is a pro competitor though, so I guess the stakes are higher.

She is sponsored by Met-Rx and a private sponsor. The private added $500 to throw in on it and Met-Rx ome too. But she still had a hefty bill to pay.

I guess no "sport" is without its costs.
One day I hope to get to the stage where I can even consider the fact that I need a bikini that will cost me that much money. Or having sponsors that will even consider that. I suppose though that if they are paying for it one really wouldn't have a choice in colour! lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pink looks nice on you from the looks of it.
you look lean too and nice figure you could hold your own in the bikini comp.
figure, cant really tell from your pic. post more? haha

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One day I hope to get to the stage where I can even consider the fact that I need a bikini that will cost me that much money. Or having sponsors that will even consider that. I suppose though that if they are paying for it one really wouldn't have a choice in colour! lol.

No they go by the person custom making it using skin tone and hair color to determine what will look best under the lights but not overwhelm you.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome job

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
It's been forever since I've been on here but I just wanted to post a quick update. I competed in my show and it was the most fun that I have had in a long, long, time. I ended up placing first in my class and that was pretty cool. I learnt a lot and I am prepping for another show- the NPC CT State on June 13th. It's a big show and I'm very excited!