Texas Possibly Competeing? FTW!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure really where to put this, so i figured this would be the best place. Anyways, I have been researching and looking for local competitions and i found one near me in November. I looked at the winners from the most recent competition and i think upper body wise i have a chance. Btw the contest is the "Texas Shredder Classic". However, I lack a lower body mass wise IMO. I am not garanteeing that i will do this competition, however i am going to train and diet as if i were. So now its time for where i need yalls help!

1.)What leg Excercises do you do that have caused you the most mass growth? I have strength, just not the mass i would like.

2.)If i am planning a show in November when should i bulk up to, and when should i begin cutting

3.)I know we arent supposed to source post, but i am having lots of trouble finding detailed information on local contests for teens...

4.)if you have any other critiques or advice PLEASE PLEASE dont hesitate to give it.

sorry for the length of my post, but thanks for swinging by
-Tex:afro:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
For leg mass nothing beats:
Front Squats, DeadLifts, Depth Jumps. I know you don't have a spotter so if you get stuck in a front squat you can just dump the weight forward.

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
As far as leg size....High rep squats or leg press. I'm talking 20 reps and above. And you need to do this with 60% - 70% of your max. Not fun but it works wonders for those quads and hamstrings. if yuo want your legs to catch up and your serious about it.... I say do a light routine for your upper body, and then kill legs 2 - 3 times a week. That way you make sure most of your recovery reserves goes to building your legs.

As far as when to bulk, it actually depends on your metabolism and how shredded you want to be. It takes a a while to put on quality muscle, so a lean bulk would be your best route..... don't really know much of your diet and supps right now maybe you can post it and it'll see what i can do.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not sure really where to put this, so i figured this would be the best place. Anyways, I have been researching and looking for local competitions and i found one near me in November. I looked at the winners from the most recent competition and i think upper body wise i have a chance. Btw the contest is the "Texas Shredder Classic". However, I lack a lower body mass wise IMO. I am not garanteeing that i will do this competition, however i am going to train and diet as if i were. So now its time for where i need yalls help!

1.)What leg Excercises do you do that have caused you the most mass growth? I have strength, just not the mass i would like.
-Squats and stiff deads...I'd also look at DC stretching. I have a buddy who started it and swears by it. I have recenlty started it. I have larger legs and this year I have noticed better cuts and overall size and development and I was actually splitting up leg training haveing a quad day and a ham day

2.)If i am planning a show in November when should i bulk up to, and when should i begin cutting
In novemener :think: Your pretty lean so I'd just give 8-10 weeks for contest prep
3.)I know we arent supposed to source post, but i am having lots of trouble finding detailed information on local contests for teens...
Search for upcomming local events and get the phone numbers and just call and see if they have a teen division

4.)if you have any other critiques or advice PLEASE PLEASE dont hesitate to give it.
I'd say try and find a someone who has done it before and get intouch with them to hlep with the dieting and what not. Preferably someone who you can meet face to face with. I know a lot of guys who just do it t help out and dont want any money but if the kids a total jack ass and wants their hands held thru the whole thing they may charge

sorry for the length of my post, but thanks for swinging by
-Tex:afro:
Hope this helps a little

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah DW thanks for the responses as well as the others. I have been doing my 20+ rep scheme and im in love with it right now

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
im a teen as well and your a big inspiration. keep up the work bro hope you go far!