Tommy Jeffers, Sporto, New IFPA Pro

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations to Tommy Jeffers, aka Sporto, who won his class and the Overall at the OCB Midwest States last night in DeKalb, Illinois. Tommy is a new IFPA Pro. Well done, Warrior. You worked hard and you nailed your contest prep.

:squat:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Heck yea! You deserved it man! :bruce2: CONGRATS!

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Wow...what a weekend! Or should I say, what a past 7+ months! I must say, this has been quite a journey. I learned a great deal about myself, and just how much "your body hates you" LOL. I appreciate everyone who followed along in my quest to get a pro card. It meant a lot, especially signing on today and seeing all the support and congrats posts from everyone. I didn't know so many of you were lurking in my thread *tear* LOL...seriously though, I do appreciate it!

As for the contest...here are my thoughts:

Peak week went great for me. I really feel like I have found an approach that just flat out works for me in dialing me in. With the numbers that I had laid out all week, I had even went a little higher than I was supposed to on the carbs (one day hitting 420g/day and the following hitting 370g/day - each 50g higher than was scheduled), but I seriously felt that at the level of leanness I was, they were necessary to start the filling out process...and it worked. The entire plan just really came together nicely, and at the time of the competition, I was the most vascular I have ever seen myself (even moreso than the vascularity pictures I posted a little while back). I honestly couldn't even believe it was me in the mirror in the pump up room! I've just never seen myself look like that. I'm anxious to see the pictures from it all...which I got a ton of. My family was there and bought all kinds of photo/DVD packages of the entire show, so as soon as I have those and can make some video clips, I will post them.

The show was ran extremely well. The promoter of the show, Ray Binkowski, did one hell of a job with running the entire contest. He was thrown a few curve balls at the last minute, and still managed to run the show in a smooth, professional manner. His second effort really shined, and made me even more impressed with the OCB/IFPA organization. He is a top notch guy, who went out of his way to make the show run the way it did. He deserves a big thank you.

I've got my plans laid out for the next year on things I want to improve/accomplish before stepping back on the stage as a pro. I'm taking all of 2008 off from competing to concentrate on bringing up some of my weaker areas. Now that I've seen myself without hardly any bodyfat left, I know exactly what it is I need to do to better my physique so that I can contend on the pro stage against guys like Doug Miller, Carl Mathews, etc. So all of 2008 will be dedicated to "bulking" only this time, a much more controlled bulk LOL. This next week is a "deload" week, where I will be doing some very light cardio and some 50% intensity lifts. The following week will begin Week 1 in my new plan, which I will start a new journal for to track progress. I can't wait to get back to the heavy weights again and set some new PRs!

So that's about it. I've done nothing but try to cram down some of the foods I've been craving for the last 24hours before I start to control my diet again. I've been pretty sore all day, and jsut taking turns between eating and napping lol. Reality starts back up tomorrow!

Again, thanks for following along and all the supportive comments along the way. Believe it or not, sometimes I did need to reach through the forums for a little support when things were getting rough. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them...beleive me, I am just as anxious to see them :)

Sporto

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
CONGRATULATIONS SPORTO!!:clap2: :clap2: You worked your ass off for it,a nd got what you most definitely deserved. You will have no problems with your future bodybuilding endeavors!! Amazing physique, with amazing work ethic and dedication. Thats a recipe for a winner! Congrats again!

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys! That means a lot! AS much as I will miss being shredded, it's SOOOOOO nice to be able to eat somewhat normal again :)

Sporto

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
Great Job bro, I told you that you would be bringing back some hardware. I look foward to following your progress this next year, Keep training hard bro.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Congrats Sporto, job well done, now the real work begins, let's win a pro show....

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
What supplements are you a beleiver in?
This is the list of supplements I use and believe wholeheartedly in - this is coming straight from my journal:

Now Foods Adam Multi-Vitamin
Ergopharm Amp
Scivation Sesamin
Scivation Dialene-4
Scivation VasoXplode
Scivation Xtend
Primaforce Elastimine
Primaforce Yohimbe HCL
Primaforce Creaform
Primaforce Substance WPI
Primaforce Max CLA
Primaforce Pure ALA
Primaforce ZMA
USP Labs Anabolic Pump
USP Labs P-Slin
USP Labs PowerFull
USP Labs SuperCissus

Sporto

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Congrats Sporto, job well done, now the real work begins, let's win a pro show....
Thanks Jim..you betcha! All of 208 is dedicated to improving my weak areas to bring an even better package to the pro stage in 2009! Time to GROW!

Sporto

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Great to see another top notch natural pro!

GREAT JOB BROTHA!

Time to grow!

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I haven't really talked to you but I've followed you on your contest prep and training... whole-hearted congratulations sporto.