is there a sure fire way to lose weight in 2 weeks? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

is there a sure fire way to lose weight in 2 weeks?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1849

    Reputation

    The fact that you want to lose weight in two weeks, (and that you asked how many repetitions to use with DB's to "tone up" your arms in the same thread) has made me resort to headbutting a girlscout who unfortunately came to my door after reading your post.

  2. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    The fact that you want to lose weight in two weeks, (and that you asked how many repetitions to use with DB's to "tone up" your arms in the same thread) has made me resort to headbutting a girlscout who unfortunately came to my door after reading your post.
    Did you steal all of her Thin Mints when she was down?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  3. Registered User
    not_big_enuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    668

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Did you steal all of her Thin Mints when she was down?
    You're just jealous because you want a 12 year old girl scout to come to your door. Well... boy scout in your case.

    "Oh yeah, I'll buy ALL your cookies... just come in side... right over here.....e xcelleeeeennnnntttt."
    •   
       

  4. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf View Post
    You're just jealous because you want a 12 year old girl scout to come to your door. Well... boy scout in your case.

    "Oh yeah, I'll buy ALL your cookies... just come in side... right over here.....e xcelleeeeennnnntttt."
    I don't think they have g**t scouts. I'd just steal all her girlscout cookies; they kick ass.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Registered User
    not_big_enuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    668

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I don't think they have g**t scouts. I'd just steal all her girlscout cookies; they kick ass.

    Those PB cookies are heavenly.
  6. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1635

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    The fact that you want to lose weight in two weeks, (and that you asked how many repetitions to use with DB's to "tone up" your arms in the same thread) has made me resort to headbutting a girlscout who unfortunately came to my door after reading your post.

    "I heard that."
  7. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    The fact that you want to lose weight in two weeks, (and that you asked how many repetitions to use with DB's to "tone up" your arms in the same thread) has made me resort to headbutting a girlscout who unfortunately came to my door after reading your post.
    I can do 10 repetitions of crunches now (used to be 5) and jog a mile. no luck about my weight though. it hasnt lowered a bit. maybe i still need more time to lose a couple few pounds. i'm 220lbs as of today.

    Is nolvadex a steroid? how do i put that in my system? do i have to inject it? i'm scared of needles..
  8. Board Sponsor
    JakeVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    Gnutela
    Fitness is a lifestyle its not something you can accomplish by walking a few days a week, and eating less. If you truely want to like the way you look and feel great you have to dive head first into the **** and make a commitment. 32 single, should tell you something, and i think it sounds a little like "get up off your ass and do something". For the next few months your body weight and those dumbells should be your best friends. After you start to see some results join a gym, and in the mean time endulge in the knowledge that is out there. Learn how to lift, learn how to eat, learn how to live.
  9. Board Sponsor
    JakeVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    Oh.... i forgot to say its a lifetime commitment. Its like being married.
    Also just a little more advice, always use negative feedback to fuel your drive, dont let anything stop you from achieving your goals.
  10. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gnutela View Post
    I can do 10 repetitions of crunches now (used to be 5) and jog a mile. no luck about my weight though. it hasnt lowered a bit. maybe i still need more time to lose a couple few pounds. i'm 220lbs as of today.

    Is nolvadex a steroid? how do i put that in my system? do i have to inject it? i'm scared of needles..
    nolvadex is a xenoestrogen designed for oral use. I do not think you need it. If you have significant gynecomastia, you should talk to your doctor about getting rid of it.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Now I just need to someone to kick me in gear.
    here's some things you can do to stay motivated:

    1-Write down or take a few moments every so often to dwell on some "Eye-Opener" moments from past days. It's important to remember where you came from, and where you're trying to go.

    Example: I was in a nasty skiing accident when I was younger. The actually doctors told me the only reason I was alive and kicking was because of my strong, athletic build.

    2- Start making your own opiods. Beta-endorphin is released during bouts of intense exercise, which works through the same mu-opiod receptor as hardcore drugs like morphine, codeine and heroin. Unlike these synthetics, BE causes sensations such as "The Second Wind" and "Runner's High" without the harmful side effects. Only problem is, you actually have to get off your ass to experience it.

    3- Headbutt girlscouts. I'm not sure how this works, but I have to vouch for Ubi, it seems to be quite effective.

    4- Remeber: you don't want thesinner to have to hunt you down.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  12. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    here's some things you can do to stay motivated:

    1-Write down or take a few moments every so often to dwell on some "Eye-Opener" moments from past days. It's important to remember where you came from, and where you're trying to go.

    Example: I was in a nasty skiing accident when I was younger. The actually doctors told me the only reason I was alive and kicking was because of my strong, athletic build.

    2- Start making your own opiods. Beta-endorphin is released during bouts of intense exercise, which works through the same mu-opiod receptor as hardcore drugs like morphine, codeine and heroin. Unlike these synthetics, BE causes sensations such as "The Second Wind" and "Runner's High" without the harmful side effects. Only problem is, you actually have to get off your ass to experience it.

    3- Headbutt girlscouts. I'm not sure how this works, but I have to vouch for Ubi, it seems to be quite effective.

    4- Remeber: you don't want thesinner to have to hunt you down.

    Actually I am motivated. I have to look decent by the olympia. I've been working out for 5 years now. I just have a ton of things going on in my day to day life that wears you out. I do my cardio and lift heavy 5 out of 7 days.

    And as far as #4 come find me, we can train together a day.
  13. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Actually I am motivated. I have to look decent by the olympia. I've been working out for 5 years now. I just have a ton of things going on in my day to day life that wears you out. I do my cardio and lift heavy 5 out of 7 days.

    And as far as #4 come find me, we can train together a day.
    You need to look decent and put up pics so I can convince a few of my female friends to put down the "tinkerbells" and start using Dumbbells and Barbells.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  14. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Then I guess this will be more of a lifestyle than a routine. what kinds of food should I eat? what foods should I stay away from? Can I eat no carbs at all and instead, eat white meat and steamed veggies? What do you guys eat when you're weightlifting?
  15. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    You need to look decent and put up pics so I can convince a few of my female friends to put down the "tinkerbells" and start using Dumbbells and Barbells.
    Lol that takes time and a certain minset to lift. I'm moving up in weight. I can do 40lb skullcrushers and 120lb low rows, decent on deads need more work on squats. I have scoliosis so its harder on my back. I'll get a log started eventually. I justhate keeping track of it all.

    Besides i tend to play with the harder stuff and alot of girls won't touch it so it discredits what I do. Supp wise that is. I'll get pics up but i'm very self conscious so its hard tp put it out there for everyone to see.
  16. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gnutela View Post
    Then I guess this will be more of a lifestyle than a routine. what kinds of food should I eat? what foods should I stay away from? Can I eat no carbs at all and instead, eat white meat and steamed veggies? What do you guys eat when you're weightlifting?
    You can still eat carbs just keep them more of a complex carb, rice and such. Eat meat high in protein, chicken, buffalo, fish, protein drinks. Veggies...Gimme a min and I'll post a diet link for you to modify to suit yourself.
  17. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gnutela View Post
    Then I guess this will be more of a lifestyle than a routine. what kinds of food should I eat? what foods should I stay away from? Can I eat no carbs at all and instead, eat white meat and steamed veggies? What do you guys eat when you're weightlifting?
    For protein: Baked/grilled fish, baked/grilled chicken, lean cuts of beef, fat-free cottage cheese, eggs, lean ham, lean pork

    For carbs: Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Bread*


    *Read ingredients, they sometimes like to stick sugar and corn syrup it.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  18. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Lol that takes time and a certain minset to lift. I'm moving up in weight. I can do 40lb skullcrushers and 120lb low rows, decent on deads need more work on squats. I have scoliosis so its harder on my back. I'll get a log started eventually. I justhate keeping track of it all.

    Besides i tend to play with the harder stuff and alot of girls won't touch it so it discredits what I do. Supp wise that is. I'll get pics up but i'm very self conscious so its hard tp put it out there for everyone to see.
    yeah, but I don't necessarily have to tell them about that.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  19. New Member
    MasterFlexx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    So sounds like your trying to get in shape to impress women or "everyone else" and not for yourself. I find it when most of my friends try to get into BBing they fail because they aren't doing it for themselves. They are doing it for others and that can be disconcerting and unmotivating if your not seeing results right out of the gate.

    My suggestion would be to make sure you are doing this for yourself and this is something you want.
  20. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterFlexx View Post
    So sounds like your trying to get in shape to impress women or "everyone else" and not for yourself. I find it when most of my friends try to get into BBing they fail because they aren't doing it for themselves. They are doing it for others and that can be disconcerting and unmotivating if your not seeing results right out of the gate.

    My suggestion would be to make sure you are doing this for yourself and this is something you want.
    To tell you the truth, I'm pretty much doing it for myself. She blew our date off! That just made me aware that I really need to do something about my body. It motivated and pushed me to where I am right now. And I should start things by eating the right diet (that's why i'm asking you guys) and pumping some iron!
  21. New Member
    MasterFlexx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    Thats the answer we all wanna here. Do it for yourself and before you know it your on a life changing journey not only by physical appearance but also mental wellness. Good luck in your endevor and do some research before you try anything that alters your testosterone/hormone levels.

    Lots of people want a quick fix, but thats not the way. Get a good diet and routine in place to build a solid foundation. Then after you have more knowledge and experience venture out from there.
  22. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gnutela View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'm pretty much doing it for myself. She blew our date off! That just made me aware that I really need to do something about my body. It motivated and pushed me to where I am right now. And I should start things by eating the right diet (that's why i'm asking you guys) and pumping some iron!
    No matter what your initial motivation is its a start. Everyone starts for one reason or another, its whether you mantain the lifestyle for yourself that counts.

    If you arent in it for yourself you will quit anyway as its a hard lifestyle to maintain. So congrats for making the first step.

    Just eat several smaller clean meals 5 times a day. Keep your protein levels at 1 gram per pound of your bodyweight until you start gaining muscle. Then adjust for your goals. Eat complex carbs cut out fast food and junk food or things high in sodium. As you start losing weight and gaining muscle then look into supps when you max out your gains with food and exercise alone.

    Lift at least 3 times a week with cardio in there on 3 days as well even off lifting days. Lift more days if you are spliting body parts and can add another day in.

    And most of all have fun and enjoy it, it will become your life so its best to crave the adreneline and high from it.
  23. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Here is a good place to look at diets http://www.strengthandscience.com/
  24. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Another point to make is that it's ok to eat junk food.....every once and a while.

    You see these really obese people whose diet pleasurelessly revolves around Doritos and Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream. I guarantee, when you change your diet to broccoli and tuna like the many of us here do, Doritos will taste better than sex.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  25. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Another point to make is that it's ok to eat junk food.....every once and a while.

    You see these really obese people whose diet pleasurelessly revolves around Doritos and Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream. I guarantee, when you change your diet to broccoli and tuna like the many of us here do, Doritos will taste better than sex.
    True but when you get really lean and eat junk food you can tell the next day. It put into perspective just what a little bit of junk can do.

    That being said yesterday was my b-day..did I eat cake..you bet! It gets easier to stay clean as you go. But one a week you can eat a cheat meal.
  26. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Thanks guys. you all inspire me. i'll try to follow everything that you've told me. i'll tell you how things are coming or until i get thin. thank you.
  27. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by gnutela View Post
    Thanks guys. you all inspire me. i'll try to follow everything that you've told me. i'll tell you how things are coming or until i get thin. thank you.
    wow, i've lost 2 pounds since i've started exercising. i think it's my water weight. is there such thing?
  28. Board Sponsor
    JakeVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    yes, keep up the good work. Just be sure to keep pushing the intensity of your workouts. If you get finished and you feel fine, you didnt do enough. Good job on the 2lbs regardless of where it came off of.
    Genomyx
  29. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeVendetta View Post
    yes, keep up the good work. Just be sure to keep pushing the intensity of your workouts. If you get finished and you feel fine, you didnt do enough. Good job on the 2lbs regardless of where it came off of.
    ..........unless it came from Quebec.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  30. New Member
    gnutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    95

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeVendetta View Post
    yes, keep up the good work. Just be sure to keep pushing the intensity of your workouts. If you get finished and you feel fine, you didnt do enough. Good job on the 2lbs regardless of where it came off of.
    Thanks.. I do crunches, push-ups, stationary jogging (for cardio) until I can't breath anymore. I also cut down my food intake. I eat wheat bread and grilled chicken twice a day. I have been eating a lot of cucumber lately.
  31. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51545

    Reputation

    Great job so far
  32. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeVendetta View Post
    haha... hm..... whats wrong with 2lbs from quebec i heard they smoke the good?
    yeah, but they speak french

    (nothing wrong with quebec, just a random place I decided to pick on)
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  33. New Member
    ptdanny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    104

    Reputation

    basically what everyone has been saying

    you just have to make the change and things will change.

    Eat good, exercise (lift), and cardio if needed

    If you want to get more into later, start a carb cycle system.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What's your best way to lose weight?
    By MuscleGauge1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 06:46 AM
  2. Best way to lose weight
    By Gilroye in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
  3. Best Way To Lose Weight
    By lamuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 12:43 AM
  4. Easy Ways to Lose Weight Every Day
    By ladynbeauty in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 04:42 AM
  5. An old school way to lose weight
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in