14 weeks out Advice?

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
Hey guys I'm looking to do my first contest at the beginning of July and would like a little bit of advice. My stats are 5'10" 225 at 10-13% bf. Ive been on my diet and am seeing results but would like to see if there is room for more improvement.

Meal
1: 8 egg whites 1/3 cup grits
2: 6-8 ounces chicken 1 cup broccoli or spinach
1-2 rice cakes if not full
or
Protein Shake w 40-55 gram protein
medium bananna
3: 6-8 oz. chicken or tilapia 1/2 cup broccoli and
1/2 cup brown rice
4: 6-8 oz. chcken 1 cup broccoli or spinach
5: preworkout- protein shake 24-55 gram protein
1/2 cup fatfree cottage cheese and 1 oz almonds
6: post workout- protein shake 48-55 gram protein
7: 30-60 min after post workout 6-8 oz. chicken or tilapia
1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup broccoli or spinach
8: before bed casein protein shake 48 grams protein
1 tpsp natural peanut butter
or
8 egg whites 1/2 cup fat free cottage

Thanks in advance for any feed back

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would watch the rice cake intake. I think you'd be better off either factoring the rice cakes into or out of your daily caloric intake, instead of just throwing them in whenever you're still hungry. They spike your insulin levels pretty high, so just throwing them in at random times is not ideal for fat loss. If you're not full at a meal and the rice cakes are not supposed to be in that specific meal, eat more brocolli, especially in the meals that aren't breakfast or around your workout. JMHO.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
Cut out the rice cakes - it's just empty calories.

What does that menu add up to in total calories for the day? What percentage protein, carbs, and fat? (Don't make people have to work so hard to help you...)

Let's see, you're carrying somewhere between 22-30 lbs of fat. Most people estimate their BF% too low, so let's assume you are at the high end - 13% and carrying 30 lbs. of fat.

To step on stage, you'd want to drop about 17-18 of that and come in around 205 at 6% bf. So that's about 1.3 lbs/week loss...not bad.

Can probably give more guidance on diet if I didn't have to add everything up (which I don't have time to do).. ;)

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
Hey fireproof i apologize i meant to put that in there.
Well it averages in at 2700 calories and my split is right around 50/30/20 p/c/f,
I use fitday.com to keep track of everything
i really appreciate the replies.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you counting the rice cakes in that breakdown or were you eating those as "free foods".

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
yes they are counted in the break down, would it be ok to eat them after training or cardio?

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
yes they are counted in the break down, would it be ok to eat them after training or cardio?
Won't do any harm to eat after training. That's probably the most ideal time. I wouldn't recommend eating them after cardio.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Won't do any harm to eat after training. That's probably the most ideal time. I wouldn't recommend eating them after cardio.
Yeah, the best times would be with breakfast and/or around your workout.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Hey First off i want to say good luck with your journey!!

well everything i was going to say has already been said! I would deff cut the rice cakes, depending on how carb sensitive you are you could take them in post workout if you really want to eat them but if you can do with out that is the best option!

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
keep up the work for the next couple months and you will suceed.

However cut out hte cakes and replace them with some brown rice. You do not want to be to low on your carbs this far out, you may sacrafice some muscle.

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
im going to make the changes and see what happens. I really appreciate all of your imput Thank You:dance: