Contest prep coaches....

Atlas

Awards
What are your guys opinion between having a live coach help you or an online presence helping you? Which do you feel better with? Also, what do you look for in YOUR contest prep coach? Thanks! If you guys have any personal recommendations, please feel free!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I definitely think having a live coach is the better option. Having someone there to actually see your progression, make decisions based off of what they see, and then tell you if/how to fix any problems is very beneficial. A coach also needs to be someone you really trust or believe knows what he/she is doing, otherwise you're going to be second-guessing everything they tell you to do.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
GO LIVE!!!

I did it online and it was not a good experience!!!!

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
I have my first show in Sept. I've been with my coach/ Nutritionist for a month and a half and have dropped my BF from 19.5 to 13.5%. The changes have been incredible. I'm only paying $260 initially and $55 a month. I get new meal plans monthly (if I plateau) and I meet with him weekly. I strip down and he does my bodyfat-9 site, I didn't even know that existed. Talks to me about how things are going with the diet and training and such. Just knowing I'm going to see him every week keeps me in line. It's great. Hopefully you can use what I've said to kinda look for someone that provides the same type of guidance. I almost forgot- He also comes up with my routine for the show and as part of the fee puts on posing classes. Pretty sweet deal!!

Atlas

Awards
Does anyone know anyone in the NYC area? I'm talking to a few guys that all have experience...Capriese Murray's trainer, a top national level competitor, a pro bb, husband of a fitness pro....but they all seem to have the knowledge on how to get people fit!? This is so confusing! I'll be with this person for over 20 weeks so I need to make up my mind!

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Let us know how your search goes Atlas. When were you planning on competing?

Atlas

Awards
IN the fall, looking at some shows in Sept., Oct., and the first weekend of Nov. Most likely doing the late Oct. and Nov. shows! I'm 227-230lbs and about 11.5% bodyfat as of a 9 caliper reading, from an IFBB fitness pro.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
IN the fall, looking at some shows in Sept., Oct., and the first weekend of Nov. Most likely doing the late Oct. and Nov. shows! I'm 227-230lbs and about 11.5% bodyfat as of a 9 caliper reading, from an IFBB fitness pro.
Nice stats!! I'm also doing a show Sept 22nd. My stats are 213lbs and 12.1% per 9 site from my nutritionist. I've lost on average 1% a week. One week even 2%. Next week once I'm 11% we're jacking up my calories to put on some size. I can't wait to see how change. On a different note- Have you used the NHA stack? I just ordered it.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Contest prep I would go live. I think it's very hard to get those last minute touches if your not in front of the person your training.

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
Live would be best. Ive got someone coaching me this weekend, and I have already learned so much. Its also helpful for motivational reasons.

Atlas

Awards
It's funny, I asked this question over at musclemayhem and everyone was telling me to use someone online.....everyone here says to do it live.....so damn confusing!

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
It's funny, I asked this question over at musclemayhem and everyone was telling me to use someone online.....everyone here says to do it live.....so damn confusing!
What would be the advantage of using someone online over someone live? Weigh out the pros and cons of each-To me it's no contest. Obviously live. Are you still looking for people in your area? I'm just starting my bulk Monday and my nutritionist sent me my new diet. Check it out in the Bodybuilding contest prep-Boiled chicken and my bulking diet.

Take this into consideration-AM is the best forum out there!!

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
that is because mayhems guys are all online!!!

You will have to do whatever you feel most comfortable with!
Mayhems guys are good, but live is still hard to beat if you have a good guy doing it for you

CrazyMC

Awards
I figure live's the best. But take all advice into acct. There's lots of people willing to help out online for free, but you want to take everything with a grain of salt (except when cutting sodium of course. ;). A lot of the dudes might not know anymore than you.

Grinman07

Grinman07

Awards
Online is fine for off season and the beginning of your precontest training/nutrition. Just as long as there are progress photos and phone consults and body fat measurements. Put the last two or three weeks requires in person meetings to make last min changes.

IronImpact

IronImpact

Awards
I have been training bodybuilders for years and it is definitely better live. Each clients body responds differently and you need to see how there body responds to certain types of adjustments through the dieting. Even when I am training people online I like to have pictures constantly sent to me to see how there body is responding. Granted this is no way as effective as seeing a person in person.

Now for the final week this is whole different story. I would definitely say go with someone live. If I am training somebody online with there final weeks prep I certainly recommend them to have a cell phone with them at all times. During the actually day of the show I have actually had over 50 calls from one client, and that is typical. A digital camera and computer is also a must so you can constantly send pics. This becomes more of pain than just simply going to the show and being with them. But to each their own.

jhicks3301

jhicks3301

Awards
What are your guys opinion between having a live coach help you or an online presence helping you? Which do you feel better with? Also, what do you look for in YOUR contest prep coach? Thanks! If you guys have any personal recommendations, please feel free!
Mine is based about 4 hours away. I will be meeting him prob once a month... In the meantime It will be over the internet/forum..

OCTOBER HERE I COME!:bb2: