Artificial Sweeteners=Water Retention?
- 03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
- 03-24-2007, 12:27 AM
I think they may in some people. It depends on which type of sweetener you're talking about as well. If you're worried about it for contest prep, just make sure you cut them at least a week out and you should be ok. I cut mine even a little further out just to be safe.
03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes. Especially aspartame. It causes stress on your liver, and since I stopped drinking diet sodas, I have lost a lot of water retention. Splenda (sucr.) seems to be a lot better though.
04-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I agree. There may not be any concrete evidence, but I know from experience and others that diet sodas/sweeteners can cause bloating and water retention. Best not to chance it. Stick with the old H2o!!!!!
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah I just went “cold turkey” a week ago. comps. in two days and I don’t want to bother with something like that.
Thanks for the replies guys. It was great help
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
I still haven’t found the definitive answer but I realize my body tends to hold on to water. Going “cold turkey” worked just fine
05-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Use stevia, it's awesome and natural. 300 times sweeter than sugar I think, with no calories if you get the pure extract.
05-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By ps24eva in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-02-2015, 05:56 PM
- By Gland777 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
- By MrBean in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 04-19-2004, 02:34 PM
- By julius kelp in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 6Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:36 AM
- By Shake in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2002, 08:26 PM